Borderlands 1 cheat table

Post your topics and discussions here that you can't find a good section for.
Zagnard
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Borderlands 1 cheat table

Post by Zagnard »

Greetings.
I downloaded the version 1.1 of the cheat table found on this link: viewtopic.php?t=306.
My issue is the fact of the game not finding automatically the values and/or pointers. It might be because of game version, or because the creator of the cheat table didn't know how to work with them, has mencioned in the topic.
I am pretty much a toddler when it comes to cheat engine, so would anyone please, tell me like I was five years old, how to take care of this? like finding the pointers and make it so that the table finds them automatically?
I have already tried to follow some of the tutorials around, but quite a few od them are without images or I just didn't understand how to do things.

Also, I would like to post printscreens to ease thinggs, but I don't know how to do it. Would anyone please tell me?

TimFun13
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Borderlands 1 cheat table

Post by TimFun13 »

Zagnard wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:40 pm
...tell me like I was five years old, how to take care of this?...
Ask your parents if they will fix it for you, memory editing is well beyond a 5 year old's mental capacity, kiddo.
Zagnard wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:40 pm
...like finding the pointers and make it so that the table finds them automatically?...
Find the values and use pointer scanner I guess, but there really is no "automatic" in game hacking.

Really I'd say it's a version difference, or a different vendor's version. So the offsets are probably different; but no telling at what point, you could try changing the last offset.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Re: Borderlands 1 cheat table

Post by SunBeam »

In simpler terms and the short version: learn reverse engineering (how to work with the ASM to mold it to do what you want).