Capcom took down fearlessrevolution MHW trainer

Post your topics and discussions here that you can't find a good section for.
SunBeam
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Re: Capcom took down fearlessrevolution MHW trainer

Post by SunBeam »

LOL. Glad to see you're still around :) Throw in some pop-corn, should make a nice read.

tallbearnc
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by tallbearnc »

Id tell capcom to eat shit and die. ANYONE can poke ANYWHERE in their PC's memory and use any tool to do it. AT WORSE, the user violates the TOS or EULA of the game (usually if it's online), but they can't target a trainer. They may threaten and write nasty letters, but if they tried to take me to court, I'd say "ill see your ass there"

TimFun13
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TimFun13 »

tallbearnc wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:12 am
Id tell capcom to eat shit and die. ANYONE can poke ANYWHERE in their PC's memory and use any tool to do it. AT WORSE, the user violates the TOS or EULA of the game (usually if it's online), but they can't target a trainer. They may threaten and write nasty letters, but if they tried to take me to court, I'd say "ill see your ass there"
Actually with the US "Computer Fraud and Abuse Act", the TOS is legally binding with prison sentences for any thing online; it's just never happened before, but the law is in place to do it (for the US).

[Link]
[Link]

lampuiho
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by lampuiho »

ShyTwig16 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:48 am
tallbearnc wrote:
Actually with the US "Computer Fraud and Abuse Act", the TOS is legally binding with prison sentences for any thing online; it's just never happened before, but the law is in place to do it (for the US).

[Link]
[Link]
For the law in my country, you'd have to have caused damaged before someone could prosecute you for it.

TimFun13
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TimFun13 »

lampuiho wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:30 pm
For the law in my country, you'd have to have caused damaged before someone could prosecute you for it.
Yeah, kinda the same thing here; basically there is no legal precedence for it so the supreme court could rule against it, so no one has even tried yet. The only legal precedence for it is wire fraud with fearlessrevolution, credit cards, and personal information; actually hacking a server and stealing information.

tallbearnc
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by tallbearnc »

ShyTwig16 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:48 am
tallbearnc wrote:

[Link]
[Link]
Well if it's an online game , and you're affecting the server, then yea.. that's considered hacking... but they can't do a thing if you're affecting a single player experience

TimFun13
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TimFun13 »

tallbearnc wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 8:04 pm
Well if it's an online game , and you're affecting the server, then yea.. that's considered hacking... but they can't do a thing if you're affecting a single player experience
You might want to read the TOS and the actual laws involved. They aren't unlikely to care, but there are laws against it in the U.S.

Deepthroat
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Deepthroat »

Sorry for reviving this, but lets be honest.

People were using trainers to cheat in Multi-Player, most of them came from tables in this same community.

Which is something even I don't tolerate, you're all free to mess with your games however you want, but moment you go Online you must obey the game rules (in this case cheating in MP is in clear breach of ToS, same applies for creating Cheats for MP).

People have been making it easy to cheat in Multi-Player (even in this same community, that claims that is not allowed) with Anti-Cheat bypasses and the such, which in most cases are uneeded for Single-Player (OFFLINE) modes.

I myself have my own health issues and I admit to use cheats (in SP), but you won't be see me going Online and ruining others experience, I also appreciate all the work, time and money STN has put into this community.

TimFun13
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TimFun13 »

Yeah; when I want script vs script, I go for SP. But MP is when you want to see how you stack up against other people, even if I tend to suck at it.