Found an Apple *enthusiast* like myself.

Post your topics and discussions here that you can't find a good section for.
TimFun13
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Found an Apple *enthusiast* like myself.

Post by TimFun13 »

Yea, Apple.

EDIT:
So if there is any apple users here, I have a question; do they just wipe all your data for all repairs no matter what the repair is?

STN
Founder
Founder

Re: Found an Apple *enthusiast* like myself.

Post by STN »

For quite sometime in my life, i couldn't afford apple products as they're extremely expensive. They still are but if i was arsed, i could buy one but i don't see why.

They are extremely overpriced and don't offer the functionality that you can get in far cheaper products be it phones or computers. Never interested in macs since i like windows but iPhone interested me considering the hype and i wanted to buy one a few months back when i broke my older lg g4 and I'll always remember this. I asked the guy at shop for specs and he said people don't buy iphones for its specs, they just buy whatever is the new iphone hahaaa.

The video is really informative and explains why apple exploded so much, cheap low quality parts selling at exorbitant prices. :lol:

TimFun13
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TimFun13 »

Yeah he has a lot of repair videos (I watch them in the background when working or hacking), and the apple problems and repairs are ridiculous. He had one where he showed you how to replace a fuse that apple refused to fix. Apple sent him a private email asking him to take down the video, he told them to file DMCA takedown (so their customers would know that apple is that shitty about it) and they never contacted him about it again. And then there's the lawsuit in Norway (about repairing iphone screens), where they were basically saying if you tape a ripped dollar you are counterfeiting, luckily the Norwegian court system said it was BS. Oh and the "It's not our antenna, you're holding your phone wrong" thing (apple is the best for jokes though).

The best is when apple had a failing chip for 3 years (completely disabling the macbook), and after they figured out what chip it was and that like 70% fail after 1 year, they decided to start using them in the macbook pros too. Seem like they just want you to buy new stuff, and their fan base just does. And my question about them wiping the hard drive is real, all his apple users say they have to forfeit their data to get apple to repair it; and that's if apple didn't just say "no we won't repair that for you".

Luckily I have never really liked apple and tend to "not see eye to eye" with some apple users, Linux or death (or windows when it suits me).
[Link]

Visi
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Visi »

Louis is the man! Apple is such a shit company.