Is/was anyone else military?

Post your topics and discussions here that you can't find a good section for.
gir489
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Is/was anyone else military?

Post by gir489 »

I was in the US Army Corps of Engineers from 2006-2010 (defense contractor), then went to basic to become a 94E (Radio COMSEC engineer) enlisted in 2011, but failed selection during basic at Ft. Benning. Ended up going back to the civilian life.

Anyone else do anything with their countries' military? Just curious. I miss it sometimes...

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Re: Is/was anyone else military?

Post by SunBeam »

Man, what's with these posts? I mean.. first "ask me anything you like", then this? Feeling lonely or somth? Am serious.

gir489
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Post by gir489 »

SunBeam wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:25 am
Man, what's with these posts? I mean.. first "ask me anything you like", then this? Feeling lonely or somth? Am serious.
Bored. Also frustrated with FC5 engine every 5 minutes, because every function I find and patch, always is manipulating something else I don't want it to, so the whack-a-mole game never ends, so I need to take my mind off it.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

Some Dunia engine goodies will be posted soon ;)

STN
Founder
Founder

Post by STN »

SunBeam wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:25 am
Why such a killjoy? Living up to your pic i see.

I am not cause I hate the military too much with their discipline and sucking ass of superiors (obeying) but my friend was in US marines and he's a tough SOB. Left it and is now a malware researcher. Funny how that turned out.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

..given your reply, I'm the killjoy, eh? :D See mah fingers move, beyotch!

TimFun13
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TimFun13 »

Army Airborne jump school, the most fun you will ever have. Free hair cut, free food, sing some songs; it's like camp but you get to jump out of plains and shit. Good times, good times. Tried for Rangers but they make you find these boxes after a drop, found the first one, tripped on the second one, but never found that third one (kinda got lost a bit looking for it).

Squall8
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Post by Squall8 »

I was in the US Army from 2011-2016. Ft. Benning for basic, Ft. Lewis for first duty station, tour at Camp Casey, then Ft. Bliss. Was a 25U so I worked with COMSEC a bit, mostly at Lewis.

At Lewis I had a 97 Impreza L with an RS body kit and a swapped 03 WRX engine. There was a dirt track out one of the back gates I had found. They mostly did training scenarios out there, but when the area was empty I'd practice a bit of rally racing all damn day! Had to give her up when I went to Korea..

Now I just do plain old school, but that should get better in the next couple months! There were times I just wanted to dropout and go make a career in the military again, but decided not to for many reasons. Definitely had a blast when I was in, especially at Lewis and Korea. Bliss sucked.

gir489
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Post by gir489 »

STN wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:16 am
my friend was in US marines and he's a tough SOB. Left it and is now a malware researcher. Funny how that turned out.
A lot of the people I worked with at Endgame (malware research company) were former military.