New Forum

Post your topics and discussions here that you can't find a good section for.
STN
Founder
Founder

Re: New Forum

Post by STN »

++METHOS wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:00 am
But...you can check the Admin console to see that it was not me. :mrgreen:
Lies...you hacked the logs! :arrow:

++METHOS
Administration
Administration

Post by ++METHOS »

I am way too tired to come up with some clever rebuttal. :mrgreen:

++METHOS
Administration
Administration

Post by ++METHOS »

My brain cannot comprehend what you are saying at the moment.

Semel
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Semel »

Table Rules- Not so "Fearless" after all, huh?

Just saying :D

Considering .com domain not surprising though.

Seriously, I just don't quite understand what's the purpose of them? Do admins honestly believe it will protect them and the site from copyright mafia attacks? I doubt it.

STN
Founder
Founder

Post by STN »

Semel wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:37 am
Table Rules- Not so "Fearless" after all, huh?

Just saying :D

Considering .com domain not surprising though.

Seriously, I just don't quite understand what's the purpose of them? Do admins honestly believe it will protect them and the site from copyright mafia attacks? I doubt it.
Not sure what you mean, you haven't explained which rule you're talking about but i assume the multiplayer one. I don't care if MP cheats get posted (and it won't give me any problems) BUT we decided we're not savages and won't be responsible for destroying the game for others.

Your post is assuming we know what your thoughts were when posting it but i honestly have no clue what you're trying to say. What's wrong with .com domain? What is the purpose of what ? the .com domain? or you mean tables?

:?

iMail
Cheater
Cheater

Post by iMail »

Good to have a place where we can start to share the tables :)

The only thing what is not so good. We lost a lot of tables :(

Darkedone02
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Darkedone02 »

iMail wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:42 am
Good to have a place where we can start to share the tables :)

The only thing what is not so good. We lost a lot of tables :(
I think this might be a lesson for all table makers to start making a library of their own tables and backup their work on more then one place... hard drives can crashed and wipe data, and something could have happen to websites like microsoft onedrive or google drive or dropbox. It's best to put your work on more then just one place for better security incase history likes to repeat itself and data have been wiped somehow.

STN
Founder
Founder

Post by STN »

Darkedone02 wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:50 pm
I think this might be a lesson for all table makers to start making a library of their own tables and backup their work on more then one place... hard drives can crashed and wipe data, and something could have happen to websites like microsoft onedrive or google drive or dropbox. It's best to put your work on more then just one place for better security incase history likes to repeat itself and data have been wiped somehow.
Indeed. But Dark Byte has been kind enough to let the authors download their tables so it isn't completely lost. Some of the table authors have disappeared, others not interested etc.

I have had the worst experiences with dropbox, google drive, back in 2014 i used to host my trainers there and one of my trainer went viral so like a thousand or so downloads in a day and they banned my account for generating too much bandwidth. Onedrive was okay but i ended up grabbing a 5$ digitalocean droplet just so i could host my one trainer.

I don't know if the policies have changed, probably not so whenever those tables database gets downloaded like crazy, it will go down. Dropbox is the worst place to host anything that isn't for your own use only.

Darkedone02
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Darkedone02 »

STN wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:52 pm
Darkedone02 wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:50 pm
Indeed. But Dark Byte has been kind enough to let the authors download their tables so it isn't completely lost. Some of the table authors have disappeared, others not interested etc.

I have had the worst experiences with dropbox, google drive, back in 2014 i used to host my trainers there and one of my trainer went viral so like a thousand or so downloads in a day and they banned my account for generating too much bandwidth. Onedrive was okay but i ended up grabbing a 5$ digitalocean droplet just so i could host my one trainer.

I don't know if the policies have changed, probably not so whenever those tables database gets downloaded like crazy, it will go down. Dropbox is the worst place to host anything that isn't for your own use only.
which is why I think there should be other alternatives for a better service for people to store their shit...

danielyee
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by danielyee »

hi al n adm..Stn..methous..
its it advisable to prepare Plan B.ther is another way..change server..can it be done.just a suggestion

danielyee
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by danielyee »

or can we have 2 server incase one is down..for Plan c...if..just suggest

Stalin15
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Stalin15 »

Hold on, I thought this was actually made NOT as an alternative to posting tables but as the website to post tables, after all, there was an event that made DarkByte close off the tables/trainers section in CE forums.

This isn't even as an alternative when CE's official forums go offline.

STN
Founder
Founder

Post by STN »

Stalin15 wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 6:41 am
Hold on, I thought this was actually made NOT as an alternative to posting tables but as the website to post tables, after all, there was an event that made DarkByte close off the tables/trainers section in CE forums.

This isn't even as an alternative when CE's official forums go offline.
It is the go to place for cheat tables now and i might dare say official now since a lot of old table makers are active here. Yes, it was made with such intention.

This thread was made when CE traffic was redirected here and people were like "whoa what the F??", so it might not make as much sense now that things have changed a lot :)

Last Roze
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Last Roze »

I don't know what happen to OLD CE Forum, alas all the files there seems not accessible anymore.
Hope this Forum stays forever.

Thanks for making it tho. Cheers ~

Schnitzelmaker
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Schnitzelmaker »

Last Roze wrote:
Sun May 28, 2017 9:18 am
I don't know what happen to OLD CE Forum, alas all the files there seems not accessible anymore.
Hope this Forum stays forever.

Thanks for making it tho. Cheers ~
The old files are still accesssible, but only for registered members.