Attention: Regarding attachment download links

Post your topics and discussions here that you can't find a good section for.
STN
Founder
Founder

Attention: Regarding attachment download links

Post by STN »

You might have noticed Google based browsers flagging downloads as dangerous prompting user a choice to keep or delete the downloaded file (depending on browser).

There are a few solutions to this, the easiest of which would be make an app that downloads the CTs. This is a path most sites have taken. Unfortunately, when I started FRF it meant I have to do the most difficult and hardest thing not the easiest.

So you might notice the download link to be on a different domain than fearlessrevolution.com. This is because FRF will no longer host cheat tables on main domain. FRF will automatically choose a random download server.

I have already done proof of concept testing on mobile. I only access FRF server on a separate secure PC after hacking and defacing attempts by enemies of FRF last year so it will go live once I plug that in and do final testing. Should be sometime today hopefully.

Don't fret if you notice your download link to be "frickgooglechro.me" or "canthavenicethings.ocd" just kidding FRF enemies will spew some lie if the domain isn't vanilla boring fearlessrevolution.tld :lol:

++METHOS
Administration
Administration

Re: Attention: Regarding attachment download links

Post by ++METHOS »

STN wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:14 pm
So you might notice the download link to be on a different domain than fearlessrevolution.com. This is because FRF will no longer host cheat tables on main domain. FRF will automatically choose a random download server.
-Good work. This should be better for the longevity of FRF.

Will this still give creators control over their tables, such as the ability to purge them from 3rd-party servers as well as not having to deal with expired links etc.?

STN
Founder
Founder

Post by STN »

++METHOS wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:58 pm
Will this still give creators control over their tables, such as the ability to purge them from 3rd-party servers as well as not having to deal with expired links etc.?
Nobody will notice any difference except where they see the host when downloading the table.

I have hit a little technical difficulty with this, mainly a performance issue. The last thing I want is to add more burden on the server and it seems I can’t avoid it. I miss the old days of FRF few years back when I didn’t have to worry so much about security and I could even go be a little insecure here and there, now it’s a compromise between security and performance.

Cas
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Cas »

Would requiring registration before downloads like nexus help?

STN
Founder
Founder

Post by STN »

Casanova wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:23 pm
Would requiring registration before downloads like nexus help?
There’s an asshole who not only steals content from Fearless but is also directly linking to the download file using FRF as a file hoster.

So yes, registrations would solve this issue wonderfully. The app also solves this issue but oh well.