Appeal for donations and about discord

Post your topics and discussions here that you can't find a good section for.
STN
Founder
Founder

Appeal for donations and about discord

Post by STN »

It is almost a year now since our Patreon was nuked along with our YouTube channel. In that time, all the rainyday funds I saved up over the years have been used and for quite sometime now, I have been bearing the costs alone. My hope was that we would slowly build up our Patreon again, a year later and it hasn’t happened.

I know I haven’t been pushing for it enough but I have been silent, about a lot of things this year. It can’t go on for long, I managed it for as long as I could but it’s time I get some help from you.

The bulk of the costs comes down to hosting, CDN then the next big ones are DDOS protection. These are running costs. We enjoyed a short relatively stable period last year when I could even think about advertising, doing giveaways or improving the forum in many ways but it didn’t last long and our YouTube/Patreon were nuked. This is what I had to deal with since the day I decided to help CE community.

It has been 5 years since this community started and I wanted to do a celebration giveaway too like other sites but we just aren’t in that position. It has always been a struggle keeping this community alive. I tried with the app we built to have a win win win situation for the contributors, the users and FRF but it just gave ammunition to the enemies of FRF who have always been trying to bring us down, perhaps I ended it prematurely but I wasn’t going to enforce something that community didn’t like and it seemed that way.

I also have sort of news to share, I have decided to start a public discord for FRF. It should serve as help and support ( account, other issues ) for FRF and just chit-chat. Some of you had issues with account or site, I think Discord would be a nice place to handle that. Please note since we aren’t allowed to have cheat engine discussion on Discord, that content will be locked behind Patreon for safety of our server. Maybe it will incentivise some of you to support us 😄

Please support us, I/FRF have been slandered and dragged through the mud but I still have hope in the community. I don’t want to think about alternatives.

Here is the invite link to official FearlessRevolution Discord

[Link]

STN
Founder
Founder

Re: Appeal for donations and about discord

Post by STN »

The situation is really dire, your help will be appreciated.

Messy6666
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Messy6666 »

^ I wish i could give some support in terms of a donation... But unfortunately got hit hard myself also here by current crisis... energy/groceries costs.

I joined your new discord, same as some firiends
and made an annoucement on my server about it, hope that's gonna help.

In the meantime just a very very humble suggestion,
Move your message to "ANNOUNCEMENTS" and pin it?

Would hate to see this go...

regards, Messy ( aka SinGul4ritY )

STN
Founder
Founder

Post by STN »

Apparently, starting this topic was useless. I don’t know why I thought I would fare any better, Johnny Depp couldn’t survive the defamation campaign, how could I survive the treacherous backstabbing defamation campaign by the very people I entrusted utmost power to?

The fact remains though, FRF expenses continue to increase as we grow and there are bills that need to be paid. Contact me if you can help me or have suggestions on how to accomplish that, clearly donations aren’t an option anymore, only a couple people donated after my heartfelt message…wow

DrummerIX
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by DrummerIX »

I am sorry I just noticed this topic. Only 400 views, so maybe not everyone has seen it also.

I have also been hit hard by the current economic crisis, so cannot increase my donation, but I hope that things work out.

I'm sorry you are dealing with this.

Cas
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Cas »

DrummerIX wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:38 pm
Only 400 views, so maybe not everyone has seen it also.
I skipped past it as well initially but just because I knew what it is going to contain from the title. Maybe other people are doing the same as me 😄

acecel
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by acecel »

- Very good idea for the Discord, i think it's exactly what the community may need to grow and become more active and lively. And with time it may even become as active or even more that the forum. It will also make it easier to help people to use/modify/create tables and stuff.

- Regarding the low number of view of this post, i think maybe most people only check "Tables", "Trainer" and "Request" sub-categories, and don't really think about navigating in the other sections of the forum.
Could you post a post-it topic in every section which redirect here ? And also change the title so that people know what it contains.

- Regarding donations, sadly i really can't afford anything. i am invalid, i can't work and i only have a very very small pension that is already not enough for me to live on, i eat only once per day etc ... (and i will become homeless in the next few years, even more rapidly with all theses insane price increase, most of them for no reason other that to use the inflation as a pretext to increase prices of everything to steal more money from customers then to give them to a few rich shareholders, fuck i hate this world so much :x ) Sorry i kinda lost myself in there :mrgreen:
But what i am trying to say is : money issues is a problem for a lot of people right now with this insane price increase everywhere (the price of my monthly food order almost doubled in 6 months), we can only hope some who can afford it will help.

panraven
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by panraven »

acecel wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:28 am
... snip
I'm in similar situation and got moved, but I may be a bit better,
at least I can still paid my high-speed internet bill ;)
... may be smoking 1 or 2 cigarettes less a day ... yes! it is manageable!
Thank you for encouraging me to be a FRF Patreon :D

FakeRex
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by FakeRex »

STN wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:28 pm
how could I survive the treacherous backstabbing defamation campaign by the very people I entrusted utmost power to?
wow they are still going on?!? that's sickening obsession.

STN, you should sell the site and move on. Let someone else deal with the headache.

STN
Founder
Founder

Post by STN »

Tylerd73 wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:22 am
STN, you should sell the site and move on. Let someone else deal with the headache.
No need. I received a few exciting helpful PMs that if works out, survival worries would be over. I am actually thinking of just stopping donations altogether, they help with around 8-10% of costs and I have to pay the rest of 90-92%

STN
Founder
Founder

Post by STN »

Well I am pleased to say we are rock solid but still it would be nice to have some help.

I guess I am also bumping this to advertise our discord hehe.