Cheat Engine with EAC - anti cheat

Post your topics and discussions here that you can't find a good section for.
Mefetran
Cheater
Cheater

Re: Cheat Engine with EAC - anti cheat

Post by Mefetran »

SunBeam wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:59 pm
Mefetran wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:49 am
It doesn't work anymore. Both methods. Or I'm really dumb. Dunno
That's why I wrote some big ass red text so you see it :) Good luck fixing it; I doubt the devs changed anything in the whole framework...
So you won't fix it... Ok. Let's wait someone who can and will do it.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

Mefetran wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:11 am
So you won't fix it... Ok. Let's wait someone who can and will do it.
If I "fix" it this time, then the next time an update comes, you'll ask again. I don't play the game, I've posted just a proof of concept with clear instructions on how I achieved it. What's lacking is people being lazy, clinging on to "it's hard, I don't know how to do it" and waiting on others.

As such, here's a blunt loader disguised as a proxy DLL (version.dll):

version.zip
password: sunbeam
(54.9 KiB) Downloaded 441 times

Drop it in the bin folder (e.g.: G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\HeroSiege\bin). Start the game from Steam GUI, Steam shortcut on your Desktop or -- optional -- executing start_protected_game.exe. Like earlier, the game will take 2-3s to launch (no idea why it doesn't start right away; I guess that's how GameMaker works).

EAC's start_protected_game.exe dropped using msimg32.dll, hence why the proxy logic I posted on the previous page stopped working. Let's see them drop this one :P

Note that I have built this based on the version.dll on my Windows 10 19044.2006 OS. As such, if this DLL has different exports on Windows 11 or any other OS you're playing this game on, I won't take anymore time to make it compatible.

P.S.: What I find crappy is someone said earlier they want to be able to play without EAC cuz they can't sync their cloud save-game. Well, even if you start the game via Hero_Siege.exe, Steam libraries load and you can save/load your Cloud data. So whoever said that is literally bullshitting us to get a free EAC bypass T_T (like most, people really think user-mode bypasses let them cheat/hack in online; and they're wrong).

I'm out of this topic. Peace.

wuzzl
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by wuzzl »

it seems like none of this methods work since they moved the good old game to the beta branch.
i hate the new 2.0 game, is there a way so it would work with the beta branch version?

and my windows doesnt let me download Koalyptus. it screams virus and delets it immediately.

thanks a lot for your help and work