Search function doesn't work

Post your topics and discussions here that you can't find a good section for.
yooooooolx
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Search function doesn't work

Post by yooooooolx »

Hi guys, I'm going to search for tables of some specific games, but the search function doesn't work properly. No matter what I search, the forum just redirect me to a search.php, shows me a google search bar under the line SEARCH USING GOOGLE FOR BEST RESULTS (MIGHT TAKE A FEW SECONDS TO LOAD), and gives me no result. I wonder if anyone have the same problem, and is there any way to solve this.

GreenHouse
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Search function doesn't work

Post by GreenHouse »

I'll give you a brilliant idea. How about you use that cool looking Google search bar to search for the tables?
I imagine that using a search bar as a search bar, is a genius idea way too complicated to come up with.

yooooooolx
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by yooooooolx »

Well, okay, problem solved. I thought this forum has a broken built-in search engine and that search bar is a simple link to google. Glad to hear I'm wrong.

Volcannon
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Volcannon »

Ah..I see that searching the forum for a table is really just "please use google instead".

GreenHouse
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by GreenHouse »

Volcannon wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:17 pm
Ah..I see that searching the forum for a table is really just "please use google instead".
If you click the search icon, you'll be sent to a search bar that looks for posts on this website only, using Google. Which is the same as using any search bar to search for anything.

Volcannon
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Volcannon »

I honestly wish I could just search the forum instead of using an engine that I absolutely abhor with every fibre of my every existance.

stoondevton
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Can't Search, please help

Post by stoondevton »

hi all, the title says it all, I cannot search. I enter my game in the search box and it takes me to the google page as usual, but nowhere can I type on the new page. Today every click that brings me to the search page is just a dead end. What am I doing wrong?

Cas
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Can't Search, please help

Post by Cas »

stoondevton wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:21 pm
hi all, the title says it all, I cannot search. I enter my game in the search box and it takes me to the google page as usual, but nowhere can I type on the new page. Today every click that brings me to the search page is just a dead end. What am I doing wrong?
Works fine for me. Can you screenshot?

stoondevton
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by stoondevton »

Casanova, you're magic, now I go to the search page and it works fine. I'm going to try and post a pic that shows the line that was missing.

I don't think that worked, so here's copy/paste of the search page.
Search
SEARCH USING GOOGLE FOR BEST RESULTS (MIGHT TAKE A FEW SECONDS TO LOAD)

this is the line where you type to search and it was missing for me

Board indexAll times are UTC-06:00Delete cookiesMembersThe team

bonio1966
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Search Bar

Post by bonio1966 »

Is it working or is Crome blocking it? :( :(

Everything I try has failed even trying something I KNOW is on the list (as I copied it from there) and that failed too! :o

Please help or it would be incurable long and tedious to find anything! :cry:

Sorry about the spelling I am dyslexic and rely on spell checkers there may also be some homophones.

Cas
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Search Bar

Post by Cas »

bonio1966 wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 1:53 pm
Is it working or is Crome blocking it? :( :(

Everything I try has failed even trying something I KNOW is on the list (as I copied it from there) and that failed too! :o

Please help or it would be incurable long and tedious to find anything! :cry:

Sorry about the spelling I am dyslexic and rely on spell checkers there may also be some homophones.
Screenshot?

OtakuGamer
Cheater
Cheater

Post by OtakuGamer »

Is searching within a thread possible, though? When I try to do that I just get redirected to the generic google search which looks through the entire forums, not just that thread.

CptWindwalker82
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by CptWindwalker82 »

OtakuGamer wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:20 pm
Is searching within a thread possible, though? When I try to do that I just get redirected to the generic google search which looks through the entire forums, not just that thread.
This right here.

The generic google search bar is very workable to find a topic or thread. Searching within that thread though seems impossible right now, which is especially annoying when it comes to topics with hundreds of pages.

Cheech
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Cheech »

why is this search function handicapped? i know other woltlab boards, where the search function works as it should. why not here? topic search window is useless, so why even put it in then???
normal search leads to google, where i have to put in twice what i want to search, which is awkward too...
nonetheless, this board is awesome, but when it comes to fast using, it lose alot...

maybe someone can explain^^

thanks, cheers <3

STN
Founder
Founder

Post by STN »

Cheech wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:19 am
why is this search function handicapped? i know other woltlab boards, where the search function works as it should. why not here? topic search window is useless, so why even put it in then???
normal search leads to google, where i have to put in twice what i want to search, which is awkward too...
nonetheless, this board is awesome, but when it comes to fast using, it lose alot...

maybe someone can explain^^

thanks, cheers <3
I have explained this several times, for a couple reasons

FRF has enemies that want to see FRF dead, what this means is a lot of the niceties that other sites enjoy, FRF can’t have.
I pay FRF bills and I am not Elon Musk and FRF is free. The server required to handle niceties, I don’t have money to afford.

What can you do? Curse the enemies and pray for their downfall. I am not really sure man but yeah this is the reason why some features from FRF are missing or go missing

Google search isn’t that bad, after all the whole planet uses it. You can search within FRF site and eventually able to find what you’re looking for and if it doesn’t exist then it doesn’t exist