What is your most anticipated game this year?

Post your topics and discussions here that you can't find a good section for.
LeFiXER
LeFixer
LeFixer

What is your most anticipated game this year?

Post by LeFiXER »

Would like to know the thoughts of the community here what their most anticipated game of the year is.

realt1mg
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: What is your most anticipated game this year?

Post by realt1mg »

Tough year so far, have been let down by a lot. Stranger Of Paradise was high on my 'hype-meter' and it wasn't terrible, but not what I felt like it could have been. On ps5 I was really looking forward to Gran Turismo 7, but man the microtransaction bullshit in that game and how the entire "end game" is built around it, is pretty damn pathetic.

Right now my most anticipated game is probably the Chrono Cross (remaster? re-release? dunno what to call it really lol) - excited for that. Am playing Tiny Tina right now, it's not bad at all if you like Borderlands and have enjoyed the little 'one-ofs' from like Bl2 etc.

VampTY
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by VampTY »

Bayonetta 3
Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time Remake
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodhunt

These ore on my hot list, especially the last title, i hope they won't mess this up! :wub:

LeFiXER
LeFixer
LeFixer

Post by LeFiXER »

I actually had eyes for a few console releases but I am unable to purchase a PS5 anywhere. Maybe one day I will get to play them, and they are

Horizon Forbidden West
God of War: Ragnarok

On PC at least I am looking forward to Hogwart's Legacy. I hope they don't mess that up either; from what I've seen so far it looks good and no microtransactions which is a win.

Bayonetta 3
Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time Remake
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodhunt

Interesting selection VampTY, I had been curious to see what Ubisoft will bring to the table with Avatar given how long has passed since the film was released. I guess the same can be said for Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake. Ubisoft has stunted my confidence in them with recent releases.

@realt1mg
Tough year so far, have been let down by a lot. Stranger Of Paradise was high on my 'hype-meter' and it wasn't terrible, but not what I felt like it could have been. On ps5 I was really looking forward to Gran Turismo 7, but man the microtransaction bullshit in that game and how the entire "end game" is built around it, is pretty damn pathetic.

Right now my most anticipated game is probably the Chrono Cross (remaster? re-release? dunno what to call it really lol) - excited for that. Am playing Tiny Tina right now, it's not bad at all if you like Borderlands and have enjoyed the little 'one-ofs' from like Bl2 etc.

I can't say I'm a fan of Borderlands. Just prefer RPG style games more, but that's just me. I don't knock people for having differing tastes. It's apalling how Sony have taken a great franchise and turned it into a quick cash grab.

VixHexven
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by VixHexven »

GTA 6 if not this year in Q2 :D
if not, probably Elden Ring (even though I'm not fan very much of RPG style) or if it's up to my anticipation that would probably be Starfield I guess so.

omniwhole
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by omniwhole »

I'm waiting for Dune: Spice Wars

megupets
Cheater
Cheater

Post by megupets »

Sons of the forest : )

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

September comes with an Ubi event which will showcase the future of Assassin's Creed series. Looking forward to that.

teyhox
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by teyhox »

I'm waiting for a lot of games this year, but it's probably Gloomwood. "Small" game but the demo showed me a potential masterpiece.

Others most are Coven, Supplice, Cultic, Selaco, Brutal fate, Evil West. Nah I don't like retro shooters. :mrgreen:

LeFiXER
LeFixer
LeFixer

Post by LeFiXER »

SunBeam wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:18 am
September comes with an Ubi event which will showcase the future of Assassin's Creed series. Looking forward to that.
It will be interesting to see what Ubi have come up with.
teyhox wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:06 am
I'm waiting for a lot of games this year, but it's probably Gloomwood. "Small" game but the demo showed me a potential masterpiece.

Others most are Coven, Supplice, Cultic, Selaco, Brutal fate, Evil West. Nah I don't like retro shooters. :mrgreen:
Although the story/gameplay may be solid, I think Gloomwood is lacking polish. I know it's still in alpha stage though so there is still time. This type of game reminds me of Quake.

teyhox
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by teyhox »

Although the story/gameplay may be solid, I think Gloomwood is lacking polish. I know it's still in alpha stage though so there is still time. This type of game reminds me of Quake.
Yes, the demo is very outdated, tested it in 2020 and it has never been updated since. I followed the development (dev post every week on twitter) and lot of things have been improved and added. Quake ? Weird, it rather reminds me Thief, which is clearly an inspiration, dev didn't hide it. Anyway, I loved the bases of the demo, so can't wait for the EA.

teyhox
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by teyhox »

It will be interesting to see what Ubi have come up with.
All their main IP as free to play conversion and mobile :mrgreen:

Messy6666
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Messy6666 »

Black Myth: Wukong
Starfield ( got delayed sigh )
Homeworld 3

edit:
@VampTY & @LeFiXER
Bayonetta 3 oww if that's comming to PC i then am waiting for it also!!

Cristina1991
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Cristina1991 »

SinGul4ritY wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:05 pm
Black Myth: Wukong
That game looks really exciting!
Well my most anticipated game this month is [Link] lol