Anyone else have more fun cheating at games than playing the game itself?

Post your topics and discussions here that you can't find a good section for.
hbiclan
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Anyone else have more fun cheating at games than playing the game itself?

Post by hbiclan »

I literally hate video games these days and the only redeeming value for me now is when I cheat and get gamerscore the "wrong" way just to spite how I "should be" playing them. Anyone else hate video games but finds a moderate amount of fun in only cheating / playing them the wrong way?

For example, I have a small amount of amusement from using an achievement table to steal all the gamerscore from a game, but I would never ever actually waste my life playing the game because it's such trash. This is the case with me for probably 99.9% of all games.

KnownDroid
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Re: Anyone else have more fun cheating at games than playing the game itself?

Post by KnownDroid »

Each to their own reason. Although you mention that you hate games, you seem fond of them.

My advice is to not think that you are not wasting time. You are wasting the same amount of time playing a bunch of games while those without cheats stick more to a game.

If you are aiming to cheat a lot of games for fun, you need to find a personal pace to not burn out. ^_^

yaodm2020
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by yaodm2020 »

I'm a beginner, I'm more interested in modifying the game than playing the game itself, I like to find some interesting things in the modification.

KrazeFault90
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by KrazeFault90 »

Only soulsbourne games that I am having fun cheating since they are the most frustrating games.

lotya
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by lotya »

enouth cheating is about having a bit advantage make fun, rather gets Gods mods ruining entire game

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

In the last 2-3 years I've spent a lot of my time learning how game Engines work. Due to that, there's nothing new that impresses me. What's even worse is the majority of the games feel like those cheap horror movies where you always know what's gonna happen, thus wasting your time. That's where I am now.

Messy6666
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Messy6666 »

Let's rephrase that....
I often have more fun making scripts for a game (trying to) than actually playing it.
For some games I have a lot of hours.... just standing still...
trying to figure it out / learn.

So that's why i like tools like CE, x64dbg etc etc

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

^ The "fun" described by the OP is using someone else's tables to obtain ridiculous effects in-game. Or just play the game with every option in the table turned on. Cuz that's some sort of emancipation, some way in which they "fight the system", rebel against the evil devs who don't let them do whatever they want in -- emphasis -- NOT the OP's game :) So as long as you buy the game, it's purely normal you should be allowed to do whatever /sarcasm. Cuz $ = me doing whatever I want. That's how this works, right? /another sarcasm.

That's what 'fun' is all about today; also what's 'cool' and also why my attitude is described as 'tox!c'. Cuz when someone tries to convey something to you, something that brings them joy or they just want to be socially accepted as part of a larger group with same views (where have I seen this before? hmmm), and someone like me ruins their 'fun', then that's how they perceive maturity: as tox!c. And what's sad is you're instantly categorized as part of the opposite party, put in the same bowl with the evil devs. Just cuz this is the internet and anyone with an avatar (not real name) can say whatever they want to influence the people in the same gang to assist and bully the "tox!c" person :)

Kinda curious what happens now, after this exposition. Oh, oh.. will I be right? Only time can tell.

megupets
Cheater
Cheater

Post by megupets »

I think its fun to try and break things, so looking at the code and changing values is more entertaining for me than the actual game. Pick things apart and try to put them back together in a way that makes sense/work but not as intended by the developer.

dinoid
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by dinoid »

I agree with @megupets it's quite fun to break things and understand more of the game I'm playing by messing with values.

The real answer is Yes, I have a lot more fun cheating than playing some games e.g. No Man's Sky with cheat table.