why do you guys not have an actual "block list" function?

Post your topics and discussions here that you can't find a good section for.
treos
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

why do you guys not have an actual "block list" function?

Post by treos »

yet another forum/website/etc. that doesn't have an actual block list system.

[Link] how a proper block list system works: once you block someone neither party can see or react to the other person's posts in any way. PM's are blocked... and most importantly of all: you do NOT use a FILTER TOGGLE to hide the blocked persons posts. you actually BLOCK them from view.

how is it that sega, a video game company, has managed to achieve and do what most of the internet won't do?

"Sega does what the internet won't do!"

here: "Foes are users which will be ignored by default. Posts by these users will not be fully visible. Personal messages from foes are still permitted. Please note that you cannot ignore moderators or administrators."

so...it does and accomplishes NOTHING! it's the same with discord...with reddit...with steam...with many other forums. only difference is now it's sega doing what most of the internet won't do instead of what nintendon't.

i don't think people are capable of comprehending what a "block system" actually is anymore. since no one seems to know how to design one anymore. it's a block system in name alone that doesn't even serve the expected or intended purpose. it's USELESS!

treos
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: why do you guys not have an actual "block list" function?

Post by treos »

all i can really do is say this: "i'd block you but this site doesn't have a block list system."

STN
Founder
Founder

Post by STN »

This isn't some debate site, people get along well here

I also find it funny people who have never helped keep this site alive have an awful lot of suggestions about how the site should be run and also find faults with it.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

It's also obvious people don't understand it's not always the admins who have to do something, if the fucking software we are using is limited. Ask the devs of phpBB why they left blocked people's comments still showing up. Even better, if you found a plugin or add-on you suggest we use, I can't wait to hear it.. But instead only complaints or suggestions, at the same time showing knowledge lacking in the forum software area..

merrowind
ViP
ViP

Post by merrowind »

Hi, and sorry if this is a tad bit late.
Now, the native Friend/Foe PhpBB feature covers board posts, by hiding those on user's Foe list. Private Messages also have tool available to the user in a form of processing rules, much like many other applications offer it and call them filters.
This feature is located here, ucp.php?i=ucp_pm&mode=options An example of a rule: If Sender is TTT | Delete message.

REF: [Link]

The two-way block feature you name sounds ominous as it introduces content curation by users. It sounds nasty on the best of days.