What are you cheating for preferencee?

Post your topics and discussions here that you can't find a good section for.
Dread_Pony_Roberts
Table Makers
Table Makers

What are you cheating for preferencee?

Post by Dread_Pony_Roberts »

To what extent do you like to cheat in your games? Do you prefer to go all in, such as enabling God Mode, One Hit Kill, and everything else you can to make the game as easy as possible? Or do you prefer something lighter, such as only using Full Ammo and nothing else? Or are you more situational, such as only using what you need to get past BS situations? Or are you somewhere in between?

Personally, while I do like to make cheats, I hardly use them myself. Sometimes I might just want to explore using a Flight or Free Camera cheat to see the map. But in my regular play throughs, I only use just enough to get past a particularly annoying or BS situation.

Darkedone02
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: What are you cheating for preferencee?

Post by Darkedone02 »

It all depends on the game that I am playing.

I've first started cheating in games since the nintendo 64 days, followed by the Playstation 1 and 2 with gameshark, codebreaker, and a bit of action replay.

Cheating back then has a certain very rigid style to the point where you could potentially break your game without realizing it, and didn't have the flexible on and off on the fly style that we have adapted today, which what makes cheat engine so strong to this day. Back then let's say I'm playing Silent Hill 4: The Room, and I activated the infinite items cheat on each slot, one issue with this is that you can't really swap out things very well, expectually when you have to collect these key items near the end of the game that take up most of your hotbar inventory system, due to this, your limited to using one weapon.

Another example of old age cheating, let's say you doing infinite HP and MP, these cheat codes back then will flood your bar across the screen, possibly blocking out every other text due to it's behavior. We didn't set it up to where infinite hp means that you won't degrade pass that random number amount that is considered your max at the time, they set it up to 9999/6849, first is your current HP, the last is to your max.

Another errornous behavior, and like I said with a flexibility issue. You can't just turn off cheats on the fly, let say you encounter a boss that is scripted for you to lose, no win conditions what so ever, set you maxed out all stats, and the boss is litterly dealing 1 hp or missing the hell out of you, and you have a huge amount of health. This is one of the major issue with cheating back in the day.

To lead up to answer the question, this is what I like to do on my cheats, I like the multiplier cheats to make it where I can earn x16 or any configurable number to earn loads of resources, xp, you name it that's necessary. I want to become OP, but not to the point where I can accidentally break the game and cause issues later on, so I don't do too much of infinite HP, but rather have something that reduce the damage to easy mode levels, and configure it when i reach these scripted fights with no win condition flags. Infinite MP, Infinite ammo is fine, no reload and no recoil help makes my aim better, and when I do have the most difficult time on doing this stealth missions that I keep failing at to complete certain achievements, I've run the stealth mode. Which works on most games like assassin's creed, but for games like dishonored, they say I've been spotted multiple times so I didn't do a complete ghost run.

krmit
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by krmit »

Rarely use "heavy" stuff as GodMode or OneHitKill. Prefer to use cheats for annoying parts, such as limited inventory (slots, weight, stack limit etc) and timers. I like to be "slightly OP" ^_^ I like to play for fun, and difficult challenges are for real life.

ApeDemon66
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by ApeDemon66 »

I prefer cheating on games that try to prevent me from cheating, primarily multi-player games. If anyone can cheat the game, it's not as valuable to me. The more layers to prevent me, the better. I'm not at the level to hack kernel level anti-cheat drivers, but I've become more experienced with navigating virtualuzed code.

This mindset of mine became apparent when I grew up playing N64 games on an emulator and learning about the cheat codes I could use. Doing something in a game that was not intended was nice. Now I just prefer it more when explicitly told not to via a person or anti-cheat system.

Other than that, anything goes for me. If I can actually achieve something like God mode, I'll take it.

Marc
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Marc »

Genereal idea behind my cheats is "I don't have the time to get annoyed by... <place here what is currently disturbing me>". Often, I even want to play the game in "story mode", meaning: I want to progress in the story and watch what will come, but do not want to spend hours by fighting enemies.

Since I prefer role-playing-games, the usual stuff is to cheat health, mana, money as a basement. Building upon that, I ususally try to add godmode and one-hit-kill. After that I take care of annoying parts like torches which burn down, characters which always need food and so on. :D

Lashley
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Lashley »

Fun, mostly.

Take away the grind of certain games, stuff like that.

Darkedone02
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Darkedone02 »

Lashley wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:47 pm
Fun, mostly.

Take away the grind of certain games, stuff like that.
That's one thing to that I enjoy, it make a long unnecessary grind (unless you enjoy it) be shorten for your own preference. Rather you want to get rid of it entirely or just make it not too hard to do (score 50 kills normally, but it's x4 multiplier, making it 10). That why I enjoy so much of multipliers out there. X4 earn of cash, so you can turn in almost anything from the store that make money making not too hard. X4 experience to make grinding for exp a bit more fun, and other challanges made easy.

WrackerM
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by WrackerM »

Shooting(FPS/TPS)/Action
God Mode
Inf Ammo

Strategy
God Mode
Command Points/Population (Inf/Modify)
Resources (Inf/Modify)
Construction speed (if available for Game)
Power Points (if available for Game)

RPG/Open world
God Mode
Power/Mana
Level up points/Attribute points/Specialization Points (Add/Modify)
Inventory

Special Features Available on Games
Turn count (for Turn based games)
Speed Hack
Stealth
Item Edit
Vehicle Health/Armor
Some Power related Options (Cooldown time/ Use Count etc.)

Further more for God Mode, I like if health reduce, but stop reducing around 10%.
It will make your game experience much more entertaining.
Always be in top health is king of boring.
Mainly Shooting, Action and RPG can benefit this.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

Discovering developer leftovers and cheating the game to a decent amount of common sense, so that the game can still be enjoyed. I believe most of the trainers having 30192839021 options, even if they address various people preferences, are used fully by some people (all options). Which ends-up with side-effects, breaking their games, them whining the save games are bricked and so on. Bottom line: common sense and less greed would make cheating perfect.

bigdawg11
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by bigdawg11 »

Dread_Pony_Roberts wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:13 am
To what extent do you like to cheat in your games? Do you prefer to go all in, such as enabling God Mode, One Hit Kill, and everything else you can to make the game as easy as possible? Or do you prefer something lighter, such as only using Full Ammo and nothing else? Or are you more situational, such as only using what you need to get past BS situations? Or are you somewhere in between?

Personally, while I do like to make cheats, I hardly use them myself. Sometimes I might just want to explore using a Flight or Free Camera cheat to see the map. But in my regular play throughs, I only use just enough to get past a particularly annoying or BS situation.
Comes down to the most valuable resource in life... Time, it's something you can NEVER get back.

There's a lot of games I enjoy playing with progression, but can't dedicate the time due to my full time job working.

All the above you mentioned
-Smashing through difficult areas using god mode
-Unlocking achievement points for games I wouldn't spend a penny
-Xp multipliers to shortcut the grind
-No clipping to go through walls

I'm a power gamer, where I play to "beat the game" and move on.