Cheating in pay to win games

Post your topics and discussions here that you can't find a good section for.
SmartDog
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Cheating in pay to win games

Post by SmartDog »

I'm really curious to know how people feel about this. I think most people are against cheating in most online games but personally, I don't have issues with cheating in games where you can "buy" power with real money. The reason I don't have a problem with it is because if someone with a fat wallet is able to buy power in a game, that's cheating against people who haven't spent money. So in my opinion, it levels the playing field. I have zero sympathy for devs that makes games like this. I'm talking about mobile gaming here though, and mobile gaming is really bad for it....

So what are you guys thoughts?

LeFiXER
LeFixer
LeFixer

Re: Cheating in pay to win games

Post by LeFiXER »

It's not a new concept and has been the issue for many years. The devs are able to fund creation of the games because of this model since people are willing to pay for stuff it makes the game more available to people that couldn't necessarily buy it should the game have an up-front cost. Although, as of late it is more common that games have MTX and cost up-front.

renegadespeedrun
Cheater
Cheater

Post by renegadespeedrun »

To be honest I don't play anything that's pay to win nowadays. Anything is pay to win in a sense, because if it's not the free game with premium shit, it is the singleplayer game you buy or the multiplayer monthly subscription, etc. Everything is money in our society, and if you want to win, you damn sure need to spend some money, not to say waste time increasing your skills for the game, which as we know, time is money, so... But yeah, I don't see the appeal of most free games with premium shit nowadays, and if I enter one is just to be curious how I can cheat that premium stuff, but I wouldn't cheat on an actual multiplayer match, and I think that games that give advantages that are not cosmetic to people who pay to get access to other content, sucks in the first place

AlvinC
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by AlvinC »

I modded a lot of p2w android/mobile games just to screw over their ranking system.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

I usually consider a p2w game a means to stop me from wanting to progress fast. Want to enjoy the game, stop bitching and level up with patience. Wanna be the #1 arsehole there, that's kid mentality and of course you'd do anything to achieve that. But if you want that, please do it on your own terms rather than speculating impressions on a forum and perhaps PMing people who've said they did it/do it all the times? :) Thanks.

P.S.: My perspective is about time invested in some game. If I find that it would take me ages to get to some milestone I've set for myself, I just dump it. Maybe it would be a good idea to re-evaluate your addiction -- I'm sure at this point it's not about the game, but about "why do you want to rank-up easily? what's your gain?" Note that I am talking impersonally here, so the above is not targeted at OP. Nothing personal.

pferreira
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by pferreira »

I try to only do it for games that are no longer supported.