Why do you cheat?

Post your topics and discussions here that you can't find a good section for.
evle
Noobzor
Noobzor

Re: Why do you cheat?

Post by evle »

seikur0 wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:42 pm
I cheat, because lately I always seem to have not enough time and game developers just love to put stuff inside their games, that makes you waste time. I sometimes feel like they are drug dealers and they want you to take their stuff as long as possible, so that their game counts as good or to have enough for multiplayer. And rather than actually putting in compelling features, they put in addictive features.
At least in my opinion a good game doesn't waste your time, it offers new experiences and fresh challenges. What they do is like taking a good book and just putting some passages inside that just repeat themselves over and over, nobody wants that. Gamers only put up with it, because it's addictive and they don't really notice due to that or maybe for the younger ones they just don't know what to do with their time anyways and are glad that it's taken from them. For me, I don't want dopamine rushs, I want interesting experiences in life and also in video games, that make me more content and happy about my life rather than just for the moment.

Often you could build in some great features to avoid grinding or maybe just improve stuff and the game developers were not creative enough or just didn't dare putting these great features in, so that's my job then.

And last but not least as a table developer I like to do it, because it's just a hobby of mine and a very unique one at that. I rarely get the chance to look through assembly code, it's like a game in and of itself, like solving puzzles on a high level.
just repeat themselves over and over """ you just now noticed *-*

v0id
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by v0id »

I do it in some games where it requires grinding. Like there are some games with repetitive missions just to collect amount numbers of that do able to progress or do stuff and go explore the world to collect materials to build or buy stuff. I don't want to waste all day in the single player game for that.

Like the last 3 Assasien creed games I like but man they want you to grind and travel the world to repetitive missions for materials to upgrade your items or buildings and to enchant stuff like it's a freaking online MMORPG game.

Zaladine
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Zaladine »

Because cheating the game (i.e.: developing the cheat by myself), is much more interesting than the game itself!

SvT
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by SvT »

DarkThinkHuman wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:07 pm
I hate video games for "removing" all the fun stuff...
Does anyone remember older classic games likeGothic 1/2 or Jedi Knight 2 / Jedi Academy ?
I had SO much more fun coz of the huge cheats in the game, played Gothic so many times with cheat features like "control other NPCs" or learning Magic if you are a warrior, or just creating a "Arena" in Jedi Knight ... I spended hours just spawning jedis / dark jedis and fighting them...
I have such fond memories of playing Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy when I was a kid.
I wish they would do some kind of remaster/sequel to those games.

headwhosmegs
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by headwhosmegs »

DarkThinkHuman wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:07 pm
hbiclan wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:00 am
because I pretty much can't stand video games made after 2005. Feel like a loser playing them, and the only redeeming value I get is from playing them the "wrong way" because I know so many people would frown on it and i literally dont even care. The whole thing is so pathetic now with "streamers" and pathetic kids who literally waste their lives watching OTHER PEOPLE PLAY VIDEO GAMES. not even playing them themselves... not to mention the actual games themselves which are shit, and the whole incels vs woke brigade, it's all so cringe to me and I hate it. But cheating is fun because so many people would frown on it and it's kind of a fuck you to the whole thing. I literally hate video games.
I hate video games for "removing" all the fun stuff...
Does anyone remember older classic games likeGothic 1/2 or Jedi Knight 2 / Jedi Academy ?
I had SO much more fun coz of the huge cheats in the game, played Gothic so many times with cheat features like "control other NPCs" or learning Magic if you are a warrior, or just creating a "Arena" in Jedi Knight ... I spended hours just spawning jedis / dark jedis and fighting them...
I always played games legit and then I went full "retard" with cheating.

why is it so f*cking hard to understand for game devs that some players have super fun if the game allows to be a big fun sandbox?
I Mean Ubisoft added something like the "Animus Control" stuff into AC:Origins and players liked to fool around with it ... it didn't hurt the game in anyway ... still Ubisoft is not doing something like this in other titles

to end this rage with something good : thanks to anyone who is creating cheats / mod menus or anything like this!

I have every Gothic/Arcania game, so yes, those are fond memories for me as well from the early 2000s.

zurls
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by zurls »

Hate needless grind. It is a very common practice of corporate gaming to take a 20 to 30 hour game and pad it into a 50 to 80 hour game by adding a ton of senseless grind. Don't get me wrong - I don't mind grind. In good games it is used as a way to acclimate players to the game mechanics. I usually play a game vanilla to start and then use mods, cheats or console codes to fix what I dislike.

fofohum
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by fofohum »

I like having the option to change variables in the game that can impact the way the game is played. I feel like we should have this freedom since it's a game and supposed to be fun, so why not.

BourbieSpeedrun
Cheater
Cheater

Post by BourbieSpeedrun »

Skipping boring things from the game itself, or just for fun like Pay-to-win facebook games when I was really young I used to hack thoses and had a lot of fun! (instead of paying like $2000 for all of that)

bonio1966
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by bonio1966 »

Because I have no friends! LOL

No seriously, I cheat because I have learning disabilities and find it hard to (sometimes) play without the advantages of cheating.

unREAL
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by unREAL »

[Link]

this :)
it's worth to read it,that makes the developers really likeable!