Question about "vulgar" language.

Post your topics and discussions here that you can't find a good section for.

What are your thoughts on vulgarity in this community.

All vulgarity should be dealt with, i.e. censoring and warnings/bans.
10%
Only severe vulgarity should be dealt with, i.e. slurs and hate speech.
38%
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall
18%
Who ever votes for the first one can get fucked.
8%
What the fuck fucked the fucking fuck, FUCK.
23%
Other (see post below).
3%

Total votes: 39

ShyTwig16
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Question about "vulgar" language.

Post by ShyTwig16 »

gideon25 wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:03 am

+I agree that there never really has been "free speech." As far as Hate speech being an invented term, when I said it I meant more in an Orwellian way. Where terms are invented, the meaning of words are changed, manipulated, etc. in an effort to push specific political agendas and as a way for governments and those in power to push agendas, enforce conformity, shut down dialog, possibly cover up truths.. That is quite different from etymology and the way language naturally changes. To illustrate: IF the media, the intellectuals, and the powers that be decided tomorrow that pedophilia was ok and in fact the word "pedophile" was offensive:

1. We would have a pedophile on the cover of time magazine
2."Studies" would emerge that claim that pedophilia is great for children!
3. TONS of stories in almost every mainstream news publication would be published about how hard it was being a pedophile, how pedophiles were "discriminated" against and how in FACT the word pedophile itself is offensive and hateful and the actual proper way to refer to them is " " (whatever)
4.So, now, all negative (EVEN if truthful) speech regarding pedophiles/pedophilia can be off limits. Otherwise it would be considered "Hate Speech" and you wouldn't want to get arrested or lose your job would you?
5. Since its "Hate Speech" such speech (Even if truthful) is "Hateful" and Hate is bad/evil and done by BAD/Evil people.
6. NOW if you say anything negative about pedophiles you are a Bad/Evil person who deserves to be thrown in jail and lose your job.

Wow, this "Hate speech" thing sure is useful for those in power, isn't it :P One day, pedophilia is reviled, and relatively short time after that, its not only not ok to say anything negative about it, you are a bad/evil "Hateful" person if you do! But not only now are you expected to tolerate it, hell it would be hateful NOT to embrace it! After all from the same folks that brought us "Hate Speech" there is NOW "Silence is Violence" where remaining silent about how great pedophiles are and how bad they have it is actually an ACT of VIOLENCE! Anyway thats what I meant, not "language changing."
I was actually thinking of a co-worker when I typed that, I felt we came to an understanding and had moved on. But what's with this pedo fantasy of yours? I have never seen any connection with pedos and the term hate speech, so your claims are pure fantasy. I'll give you we just had a US president who gloated about barging into the changing rooms of teenagers and had a good friend who was believed to be a pedo before dying, but it was mostly condemned by every one minus his loyalist. And yeah there still is a pending case with a state governor, but that's simply pending. But we still mostly jail pedos. I mean while the evangelicals are pushing to allow child marriage again, they mostly get laughed at and called pedos for this. I have never seen or heard anyone defend pedos outright, at most the claim will be "the facts are misunderstood" thus claiming a certain person isn't a pedo. There was MBLA, or something like that, but they basically got told to fuck off. And mostly claimed it was a mental disorder and should be treated as such. And while most would agree with that at face value, we still jail serial kills even tho it's seen as stemming from a mental disorder. Sadly pedophilia has been around for as long as there have been people, but it's still condemned.

And "Silence is Violence" is about not speaking out against hate, racism, and sex crimes. Thus not speaking out against sex crimes like pedophilia is violence directed towards children. It literally has nothing to do with pedophilia being normalized, again that is pure fantasy.

Hell I've always been very outspoken about things I disagree with and have never been accused of hate speech. And I have said, and still say, the cure to pedophilia is a bullet. And at most I've been told I'm a bit harsh, but still no hate speech accusations.

I don't know where you're getting this BS, but I'd say where ever it's coming from is trying to normalize it in a roundabout way. And thus I would say you need to have a long hard look at the real reasons they claim these things. And since these fantasies revolve around pedophilia. I'd be looking at why they fantasize about pedophilia, because that definitely seems like there might be something to that.

gideon25
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: Question about "vulgar" language.

Post by gideon25 »

ShyTwig16 wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:45 am
Sadly pedophilia has been around for as long as there have been people, but it's still condemned.
Dude it doesn't have to be pedophilia, it can literally be ANYTHING at all! You seem to be completely missing the point. At first you focused on etymology and language changing (which missed the point I was making in my first post), and now you focus on the pedophilia which was just something I was using as an example that is disgusting that society currently abhors but if those elites, intellectuals, and those in power decided otherwise..Anything that exists today that could be considered disgusting, wrong (whatever) tomorrow can completely change and "Hate Speech" would be used to ENFORCE that change - which is truly why I think it exists in the first place.
ShyTwig16 wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:45 am
And "Silence is Violence" is about not speaking out against hate, racism, and sex crimes. Thus not speaking out against sex crimes like pedophilia is violence directed towards children. It literally has nothing to do with pedophilia being normalized, again that is pure fantasy.
I was JUST using pedophilia as an example. Talking is not violence and NOT talking is NOT violence. Look up the definition of violence. Would you rather someone not talk about something (NOT violence) or smash you in the face with a hammer(VIOLENCE)? Believe it, you would QUICKLY decide which one was actually violence :P That is Orwellian redefining of words/phrases etc. in order to push political agendas. Orwell's "War is Peace" "Freedom is Slavery" and now we have "Hate Speech" "Hate Facts" "Silence is Violence" How come so much of this stuff sounds so Orwellian? Well, that should be apparent by looking at who comes up with and pushes these phrases in the first place.. They would not remain if they were not fully approved of by the intelligentsia and those in power. Both of those groups rarely do whats best for most people.

Its good that you have strong opinions and have not (YET) been accused of "Hate Speech" or other types of thought crime.. But hey there is always the future, you never know :P Be careful of WHO you argue with. Make sure that in the Intelligentsia opinion they are not higher up on the "list" than you are. Otherwise..hate speech, this ism, that ism, etc.