Denuvo Anti Cheat - Steam

Post your topics and discussions here that you can't find a good section for.
ODimm
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Denuvo Anti Cheat - Steam

Post by ODimm »

Hi, i just saw this : [Link]

am i the only one that thinks this could be a problem? that every singleplayer game may activates this shit?
i dont know much about Denuvo's Anti Cheat - i just know Mortal Kombat used it without driver, and the new version (like in doom eternal) used a driver?

well, just creating this topic to inform anyone about this, and maybe someone with more knowledge can share some stuff about denuvo anti-cheat so we can/learn talk about it.

BR
ODimm

AddictedToCodes
Cheater
Cheater

Re: Denuvo Anti Cheat - Steam

Post by AddictedToCodes »

I've heard that Denuvo is pretty much a failure of anti-piracy.
Games with Denuvo were hacked but they require SSE 4, SSE 4.1 because of Denuvo, so someone will need Intel processor, or AMD Ryzen ones.

SunBeam
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Post by SunBeam »

ODimm wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:41 pm
Neither used Denuvo itself, but their own solutions virtualized by Denuvo (actually, by VMProtect SDK). So stop ranting for nothing :)

predprey
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by predprey »

Step 1. Implement Denuvo Anti-Cheat
Step 2. Design grindy game mechanics required for singleplayer campaign progression
Step 3. Incorporate microtransactions for ingame gold and items
Step 4. Revoke Denuvo activation and ban all players found to cheat in their singleplayer campaign
Step 5. Sue trainer makers for financial losses due to loss of sales in cheat microtransactions
PROFIT! Swallow entire trainers market into microtransaction business model. Welcome to Cyberphunk 1984

Special
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Special »

Things won't change much if at all. This news doesn't mean that Denuvo is now free, an indie game dev isn't going to pay the monthly Denuvo service fee that Denuvo is known for, big triple AAA games will, and still use Denuvo of course.