Saving values with cheat engine possible?

Post your topics and discussions here that you can't find a good section for.
Alex088
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Re: Saving values with cheat engine possible?

Post by Alex088 »

So quickly going back to the first names set I think o got a problem.

I'm replacing another driver which is got 5 letters for the name and 5 for surname with one who's got 5 in the name and 9 in the surname and is not working of course it will be for the byte limit you mentioned in the first posts.

Is there no another way that I can change the driver name permanently when using cheat engine without using the byte size data?
As when I rename the first set of names manually at every game start up I can put any name as long as I want and it will work fine in game,
Any chance I can save it doing this way?
Or the only alternative is byte size data?

sbryzl
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by sbryzl »

Byte size is the way to go as larger value types will require a larger arity.

Make sure when you are looking at cheat engine memory viewer to set it to byte size display (ctrl 1). You can then just highlight the bytes you want in memory viewer then copy and paste them in the table.

Alex088
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Alex088 »

Yeah i know what you mean and cheat engine is great but I think is more for people who wants to creat cheats for games not for the purpose I want to use it for.
Unfortunately in F1 2020 there is no other way to change drivers names than cheat engine.

I understood like this byte size works but is not really good to me if I can't put names longer than the original one i got in the game.

Strange though that like I said if I enter the names manually I can even replace a for example 4 letters long name with one of 30 or more letters.

lampuiho
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by lampuiho »

Just write a assembly script to allocate more memory and change the name pointer to point to your allocated address for a longer name.

Alex088
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Alex088 »

lampuiho wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:46 pm
Just write a assembly script to allocate more memory and change the name pointer to point to your allocated address for a longer name.
Thanks for joining the conversation but I'm a rookie when it comes to cheat engine 😂
Care to explain how I can do that please?

sbryzl
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by sbryzl »

There should be no issue in changing as many bytes as you want by using either array of byte or direct pointer methods.

lampuiho
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by lampuiho »

Alex088 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:23 pm
lampuiho wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:46 pm
Thanks for joining the conversation but I'm a rookie when it comes to cheat engine 😂
Care to explain how I can do that please?
You need some programming basics first.
[Link]
[Link]

Alex088
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Alex088 »

That looks complicated but I'll try to give a go,thanks both of you guys for your time and patience.

Retroboy
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Retroboy »

Is it simply possible to find an address, set its value and CE saves that value and uses it as default when you next load your game/table rather than it reverting back to the games default value.

Id have thought that be the main purpose to CE when saving your cheats that it automatically saves the values you set each cheat to.

When it comes to say giving you access to items without having to first locate them, its pointless because the value will always revert back to in game default which if you have not yet found said item, then thats what the value will be, rather than giving you the item by saving the values and not defaulting back.

Send
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Send »

Retroboy wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:21 am
Is it simply possible to find an address, set its value and CE saves that value and uses it as default when you next load your game/table rather than it reverting back to the games default value.

Id have thought that be the main purpose to CE when saving your cheats that it automatically saves the values you set each cheat to.

When it comes to say giving you access to items without having to first locate them, its pointless because the value will always revert back to in game default which if you have not yet found said item, then thats what the value will be, rather than giving you the item by saving the values and not defaulting back.
These days, addresses that hold those values change when you load a new map, cutscene, and open/close your game. So in order to 'save' said values, you'd have to find the array of bytes (AOB) and write a script or find a pointer to an address that doesn't change.