Has anyone tried to replace SSE4 in the game with their own implementation?

Post your topics and discussions here that you can't find a good section for.
kulik_alex
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Has anyone tried to replace SSE4 in the game with their own implementation?

Post by kulik_alex »

I play the game on Win 7 Phenom II. Red Dead Redemption 2 (1311.23). I was unable to start the game with sde. I have solved the problem with Cheat Engine. Has anyone tried doing this?
Attachments
RDR2.CT
My solution
(82.91 KiB) Downloaded 90 times

Tomos
Cheater
Cheater

Re: Has anyone tried to replace SSE4 in the game with their own implementation?

Post by Tomos »

lol I guess but really dude? it would be easier to just get a better cpu, even if you get it to work I feel like this could potentially wreck performance.
you might be able to inject an exception handler that intercepts the illegal instruction exception and either manually sets the regs to what they should be or dynamically applies patches.

kulik_alex
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by kulik_alex »

Tomos wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:41 pm
lol I guess but really dude? it would be easier to just get a better cpu, even if you get it to work I feel like this could potentially wreck performance.
you might be able to inject an exception handler that intercepts the illegal instruction exception and either manually sets the regs to what they should be or dynamically applies patches.
too late for a new processor, already finished the main story. I can't say that performance is great. According to the benchmark

Code: Select all

Frames Per Second (Higher is better) Min, Max, Avg
Pass 9, 7.564877, 41.837738, 29.844543
I set textures and lights to ultra, but the instructions that I replaced are more about lighting and draw distance. This is what usually broke when I replaced pshufb, pmulld, pcmpgtq, ptest.

Can anyone manage to run intel sde with rdr2?

kulik_alex
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by kulik_alex »

The same solution for the Detroit Become Human demo. There is at least one bug with dialogs.
Attachments
DetroitBecomeHuman.CT
(138.19 KiB) Downloaded 70 times

Tomos
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Tomos »

kulik_alex wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:49 am
The same solution for the Detroit Become Human demo. There is at least one bug with dialogs.
have you tried a generic approach?

AddictedToCodes
Cheater
Cheater

Post by AddictedToCodes »

Tomos wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:41 pm
Imagine when Intel Celeron G550 which is 2.7 GHz 2 cores, have SSE 4.1, while AMD Athlon A8-3870K 3GHz with 4 cores doesn't. Would I get a "better cpu" by buying Celeron then? XD