Run .cea scripts in C++/AOB Scanning Naruto Storm 4

Post your topics and discussions here that you can't find a good section for.
exavadeathwitch
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Run .cea scripts in C++/AOB Scanning Naruto Storm 4

Post by exavadeathwitch »

So I used a cheat table in a game called Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 to find the value for armor break which is essentially another health value. I wanted to disable the values changing, so I found out what wrote to the address and I nopped the code. Then I wrote a script in Cheat Engine Assembly to AOB scan for the code and nop it. When looking for the hex code, I get no results. Someone made an API for the game and I added pattern scanning functionality. However, the game crashes when I look for the code, leading me to believe that for whatever reason it cannot find the code. Why is cheat engine able to AOB for the code and my c++ API isn't? Also, is there a way to run cheat engine scripts in c++, which would save me alot of time?
Images contain what process I went through. I followed a tutorial online for adding pattern scanning to the API.

Ryan3
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: Run .cea scripts in C++/AOB Scanning Naruto Storm 4

Post by Ryan3 »

You may consider using VirtualQuery to find out which memory regions are actually existent, and QueryVirtualMemoryInformation which may tell you whether a page is private (private pages likely being the only ones you are interested in for cheats). Otherwise you can of course just call ReadProcessMemory all over the place, which will "work", but will be wasteful (especially under 64 bits where there's quite a bit of address space to walk through, when doing so totally uninformed).