Cheat Engine + Windows Sandbox

Post your topics and discussions here that you can't find a good section for.
Gopo
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Cheat Engine + Windows Sandbox

Post by Gopo »

I'm trying to figure out whether I can anonymize Cheat Engine by running the target process in a Windows Sandbox instance and then attaching Cheat Engine to the sandbox. Does anybody have any experience with this or with something similar that they could share to point me in the right direction?

miraikolus
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Cheat Engine + Windows Sandbox

Post by miraikolus »

I don't believe this is suitable - using Windows Sandbox. It should be possible if the game does allow it, but you'd have to reverse engineer a lot and i'd expect it to work in less situations than the following. Just checking - do you know about [Link]?

Else it might be better to create your own "Hypervisor From Scratch". (search web for it)

kantoboy69
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by kantoboy69 »

Back in 2005 (I think), I found a way (by accident) to make gameguard anti cheat being use by gunbound not to detect aimbots.
I use cheatengine with dbvm enabled to allow the processed to be debugged. I just followed the tutorial I found back then
and allowed cheatengine to debug gunbound process.

While browsing the values from memview with that address (I think related to windows debug port).
I found a curios address with values that always changes and out of curiosity nulled it.
Then what happened is that the address becomes ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? (the whole region)
So cheatengine is now unable to access the memory of gunbound and still gunbound running normally.
So if cheatengine can't access the process then maybe gameguard can't access the process of another program (aimbot)
So I asked a friend to find aimbot regardless if it is detected by gameguard and test my theory.
And the aimbot now can't be detected by gameguard and now I found a way to make any process inaccessible even by other processed such as gameguard anti-cheat.

Hopefully it can still be done with windows 10.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

kantoboy69 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 1:24 pm
You're going strong :) Guess the pandemic really spiked your appetite for posting :D :D 6-7 posts already?

kantoboy69
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by kantoboy69 »

SunBeam wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 2:12 pm
kantoboy69 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 1:24 pm
You're going strong :) Guess the pandemic really spiked your appetite for posting :D :D 6-7 posts already?
I'm practicing my cheat engine skills and got interested with xenonauts 2 (I love xcom)
I got super flustered with xenonauts 2
Values are copied to cloned objects so almost unsearchable
Luckily it uses mono/dotnet so I figure out a way to modify some values for cheating
Then eventually the game freeze at certain point
I thought it was the AA script then tried to play the game without it and still freeze
Then I just realized that xenonauts 2 is beta and maybe incomplete
Or it inherited the old xcom game quirks that when you cheat time for research, manufacturing, building
It go freeze like that, like in the old xcom games.
Also found that bug similar to xcom when freezing time units, the character will replay back when it started to walk.

So much nostalgia