Didn't find health static address

Post your topics and discussions here that you can't find a good section for.
xomux
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Didn't find health static address

Post by xomux » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:50 pm

Currently im not gettting dante's health, i've been doing pointers scan for hours looking for it and nothing.
A simple question, do i need a the static address or can i just modify the asm code to get unlimited health? Will i lose the address when i restart the
DMC process? I've found nero and v health

i only have 0x10 and 0x14

GreenHouse
GreenHouse!
GreenHouse!

Re: Didn't find health static address

Post by GreenHouse » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:53 pm

Why don't you just use the table made by JessieKazama?
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8847

xomux
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by xomux » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:54 pm

Cz i'm learning and i feel that i need to create my own ones.

GreenHouse
GreenHouse!
GreenHouse!

Post by GreenHouse » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:29 pm

xomux wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:54 pm
Cz i'm learning and i feel that i need to create my own ones.
You should do the tutorial first then. Because what you're asking is in the tutorial.

xomux
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by xomux » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:52 pm

I've done the 9 steps. All of them, but thanks, i'll check it out :D

VampTY
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by VampTY » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:40 pm

When you're hunting pointers, might know few things:

- scan either using 4 bytes, 8 bytes or float ->in "value type"
- if the game is more complex use "All" in "value type"
- the on "scan type" at first you use "Unknown.."
- then while playing, find some place with 1-2 enemies, a small place, a room or something smaller, then get hit at first, then "decreased value" then "increased value" ..you know and also use that "unchanged value" to get rid of the unwanted values.
- at some point where you will have like 2000 result or so, or less that that, on search just search for values bigger than 0
- if you've done all just right, you might find the right address, then freeze it and right click on it and select "pointer scan for this address"
- now that window will appear (don't change a thing) and save the first scan results as "1" ..whatever you want
- now exit the game..but that cheat engine and the others leave them on
- start the game again, and do the same thing 3-4 or 5 times... depends on how many values are, you can find from first, just remember that if you'll encounter a green value address and when you freeze it or extract something from it or something else...well that is a static one, no matter what that won't change at all, will always have and show the exact value in the game and for that you need to point scan only once, then click on whatever pointer from the resulted list, these are rare cases, i've encountered a lot of these cases
- so after you've found the second time the life value address, copy/paste the address of that in pointer scanner/rescan memory ..and save it as teh second scan ...then you do teh same for the third or how many times you need, untill you find less values between 50-100 pointers..then click on them and add them to the table...exit the game, then launch the game again and the table and see what pointers work
- so this is how you do it..at first time is a pain, but when you'll do it the first time, your first pointer..you'll feel like a boss!

NOTE: if by any chance you know the exact amount of the life o whatever, add it first when you search on exact value on 4-8 byte or float ..let's say the hero has 500 for the life or 1000 or 100..add the value, get hit once, decreased value..look for values ..you know, i hope it helped you somehow, i'm bad at explaining and also at english, not my primary language!