Funding FearlessRevolution

Post your topics and discussions here that you can't find a good section for.
STN
Founder
Founder

Funding FearlessRevolution

Post by STN »

Just a small announcement to update you guys on few changes to FRF.

The recent round of getting donations didn’t really work out. Unfortunately we didn’t even get half the donations that we used to get on old Patreon that was removed. I am still paying the bulk of costs alone, have been for the last year since our old Patreon was removed so I just decided to stop asking for donations and end Patreon.

I want to say thank you to those that donated not just recently when I asked but those who have helped in the past. When I started this site, never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I could run a site like FRF on donations for 6 years!. Heck, I had no idea FRF would receive so much love and become a daily part of our lives. Thank you for the help when FRF needed it the most.

I had received offers in past but donations helped then. Things change, and 7 years later I can’t still be stuck thinking about funds for FRF survival or be left with no options when I lose my job again or something unforeseen happens.

You can now sponsor/advertise on FRF, the spots available are above and below post. Similar to how other sites have it (eg nexus, YouTubers etc). You can PM me for rates and more details. If it’s a product you think I would be interested in, PM me as well (NordVPN sponsor us pls 😅). Nothing aggressive or annoying, I don’t want to degrade the quality of user experience for FRF users so no flashy gifs.

If there’s multiple sponsors, yours will be rotated based on the frequency in a month you pay for. We can work out the details in a PM.

That’s pretty much it. Well, I do have some ideas to improve the forum but every time I make announcements like these and let my ideas public, they get copied at the place I hate called westeal, they have the funds, I have none. Some things don’t change and Frank loves to steal forever and ever so yeah in a future post when those ideas actually happen.

I would like to use this opportunity to remind you please remove data dissect structure from your tables and reduce table sizes. The current SSD we have is 78% full, those structures really bloat table size.

Oh and we have Discord just for fun. Link in my signature.

Paul44
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: Funding FearlessRevolution

Post by Paul44 »

^ some suggestions:
a. request all tables to be rar-ed/compressed: in my case, it usually reduces payload to about 1/3~1/4 of its original size
(and I am using a form in most of my tables...)
b. budget forcast: what budget is expected/needed this/next year; and every quarter report on progress status
c. place a sticky in [Tables] section: most visitors only "see" thàt view... but then again, most of them are less prone to sponsor/donate
d. really easy way(s) to donate money, with minimum tracing. Eg: I would not transfer money using my bank/credit card here; not because of FRF but simply because I do not want to link my account_info to my "real" identity
e. offer a (1-time) registration fee: normal visitors just download/leave. Paying users have access to pm/etc...
Option: particular titles (hmm: eg tablemakers :mrgreen:) either get refunded, or something... (I do not mean being paid; just refund of the initial/recurring registration fee)

STN
Founder
Founder

Post by STN »

Paul44 wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:35 am
Hey👋

A) I like CT form just for the convenience of less clicks but this is definitely in consideration.

B) Anonymity = Security. This will betray that 😉

C) Correct, I don’t expect to gain any sponsors from this topic bro. This is just for public information letting everyone know about change of policy at FRF. Whoever wishes to advertise on FRF have always just PMed/emailed me asking information eg some cdkey site tried really hard to sway me couple years ago. It would be a bonus if I gain some sponsors from this topic hehe

D) I have never directly handled payments, and Patreon doesn’t disclose this info. PayPal shows name but that’s it. I know what you mean though, which is why I have always used outside services and never dealt with any user info directly.

E) There are many less invasive variation of these but I don’t feel comfortable with monetisation of FRF. It took 7 years to just start accepting sponsors 😂 so you can get an idea how much I dread it. But definitely a good last resort idea. It would cut down on PM spam, always some report about someone spamming the members here.

Thanks for taking the time to write these suggestions, gave me some ideas. I thought everyone would read this topic, go “hmm ok” and move on 😁

STN
Founder
Founder

Post by STN »

[Link]

Please give them a visit and try, I checked and used it personally and it’s really good especially the auto-key service where you get your key instantly delivered.

You might see them advertised below posts next to attachments so don’t be shy and visit them 😀

They also have Microsoft Windows and Office keys so it’s finally time for you to get a legit one 😉

++METHOS
Administration
Administration

Post by ++METHOS »

I suppose Linkvertise or similar is out of the question? If there is such a service that is not overly annoying, then maybe giving users the option to support the site by providing two, separate links for every table/trainer that gets posted (one clean link and one shorted)?

Not sure about the copyright implications.

STN
Founder
Founder

Post by STN »

++METHOS wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:21 pm
I suppose Linkvertise or similar is out of the question? If there is such a service that is not overly annoying, then maybe giving users the option to support the site by providing two, separate links for every table/trainer that gets posted (one clean link and one shorted)?

Not sure about the copyright implications.
Definitely an option if things don’t work out but I want to avoid degrading user experience or expose users to risky sites. It reminds me of a time when one of our competitors used to hide his downloads behind link-shortner-ads and it wasn’t pretty. Sometimes the link shortener would’ve pretty nasty ads. So probably a very last resort option.

++METHOS
Administration
Administration

Post by ++METHOS »

I understand.

Perhaps by having the dual-option, the user experience may not be degraded so much since it is a choice to support creators (or not) and provides a free, easy and clean way to do that.

I also assumed that something like this would need to be done by you or an assigned admin, so there may be some control over which links/ads get cycled. I can only assume, though, since I am not overly-familiar with linking services. I would suspect that there may be many choices and options available. Perhaps some may be more suitable than others.

Since some of the top tables get thousands of downloads, it would seem like a very easy, non-invasive way to generate revenue for the site, especially since not everyone has the ability or resources to contribute.

If you can find a service that gives you control over the type of ads that get cycled (e.g. age-appropriate), then perhaps it might be worth considering.

Starcraster
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Starcraster »

I just got a message from Patreon & Paypal. Whatever the reason, apparently the last 3 months of my donations have been refunded.

STN
Founder
Founder

Post by STN »

Starcraster wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 2:53 am
I just got a message from Patreon & Paypal. Whatever the reason, apparently the last 3 months of my donations have been refunded.
Read my first post. And to further expand on that because someone curious asks me every once in a while(I didn't want to in the first post to not distract from the main topic).

There are several reasons why I came to this decision. Like I have said many times over the years, it is not fair that FRF has to struggle for survival despite being the best free site for cheats and its content stolen and used by others to profit while sites like wem0d, CH can do giveaways for the latest and best PCs without a care in the world.

It was also not fair that majority of users leech while select few have to donate. It was also a burden on me to keep track of donations so I don't end up spending them on myself.

But what pushed me over the edge is the slander and vicious attacks in various forms/DDOS which pushed the expenses exponentially. It was horrible to think what if I lose my job again suddenly like back in 2019 and I can't pay the costs or they manage to nuke my Patreon again and I lose the 100$ in donations - not a substantial amount but still. The slander campaign made people lose trust in me and it didn't feel worth it to go through the humiliation for just 100$ in donations (after months of begging) when I was paying the majority of costs all alone myself. I am not immune to pandemic or economy, for a job that I thought I would be employed forever because I built the company together to then be kicked suddenly and I have my own family to take care of so it made me think things through deeply.

FRF should be able to fund itself, Nexus can. The way I was running things was dangerous. FRF should be funded for years for my selfish reasons (I love FRF), for the benefit of community which loves it and benefits from it daily and neither donations nor my job combined can do that. It was a wake up call, I can't rely on Patreon or my job, monthly hosting dependent on things I have lost once is utter stupidity. None of the sites I have mentioned are in danger of survival due to server cost worries, I felt quite foolish to think I could run a site like FRF on donations, who am I? Jimmy Wales? Maybe I would have but last year was a gigantic wake up call when they took down Patreon in a blink of an eye.

This and many other small reasons is why I decided to just end donations altogether. It isn't a feasible strategy anymore, not after what happened.

Patreon doesn't let me pause billing for more than a month, I forgot about it and you were charged for 3 months. I refunded that because I announced I ended donations 3 months ago while you were still getting charged LOL. How is that fair.

Thank you for the support, I appreciate it a lot.

STN
Founder
Founder

Post by STN »

Check out GameGuardian

[Link]

I am sure many of you will already be aware of this awesome tool but for those who aren’t, it is like cheat engine for Android games. The list of features is impressive, it even supports lua scripting, speedhack, dump memory, different languages and so many to list here. Truly like CE for Android

There’s also a vibrant community and you can find and request modifications for your favourite games.