Why do you cheat?

Post your topics and discussions here that you can't find a good section for.
ebbbbeop2
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: Why do you cheat?

Post by ebbbbeop2 »

Because devs can't fix their shi*

ranonadg
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by ranonadg »

I cheat my way through single player grind. I don't really see the point of excess repetition of actions or triumphs that are little more than timesinks that I know I could do easily but I find tedious. Examples include fighting the same battle over and over again for the sake of a single rare drop (aka Monster Hunter Syndrome), having to grind for money because stat curves make battles take forever if you're not up to date on equipment (most Dragon Quest games) or repeated tasks for the sake of progression (any game that expects you to do something a hundred times before the next story beat).

Of course, I refuse utterly to cheat in multiplayer games, and if my single player character is cheated, I never go beyond the bounds the game allows so as not to ruin the fun of others. Since I only play with friends and not pubs, there's never an issue.

WhiteRau
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by WhiteRau »

i cheat for two reasons and two reasons only:
  • Time. i hate grindy games that waste my time for little reward. if i need 20 things that drop 0.02% of the time, well screw that! i'm cheating that nonsensical garbage. tools degrade every 10mins? bullshit. i have tools that are 30yrs old and are still used daily. inventory pointlessly small in context of an avalanche of items to be collected? bite me. i'm fixing that shit RFN.
  • Entertainment. i love games. i love the effort and time. i have hundreds. i simply can't spend the time to get good enough to get through them all. so i guess, it's also Time, but in different clothes. i want to play as many as i can becaue there's just garbage on TV and games are my entertainment now.
so. take my time, but make it worth the giving. cheating shifts that use in my favour.

rudeboyjohn
Cheater
Cheater

Post by rudeboyjohn »

Same as most everyone above. When I purchase a Single Player game, I like to explore it fully. I want to turn it inside out and discover every little detail. Avoiding grind is such a relief.
A lot of the times, I see single player games solely as entertainment, so I want the STORY, not the hassle.
In some cases, cheating is the only way to get around bugged, incomplete sections of some games.

Chrisfearless
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Chrisfearless »

I am now old and slow and if I buy a game I want to see all of it. So why not.

Ezekiel
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Ezekiel »

Why i cheat? Well pretty much every reason i relate to was said above. For me its to relax and avoid the grind and just immerse myself in the story. Thanks to all table makers for that.

Ezekiel.

hbiclan
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by hbiclan »

because I pretty much can't stand video games made after 2005. Feel like a loser playing them, and the only redeeming value I get is from playing them the "wrong way" because I know so many people would frown on it and i literally dont even care. The whole thing is so pathetic now with "streamers" and pathetic kids who literally waste their lives watching OTHER PEOPLE PLAY VIDEO GAMES. not even playing them themselves... not to mention the actual games themselves which are shit, and the whole incels vs woke brigade, it's all so cringe to me and I hate it. But cheating is fun because so many people would frown on it and it's kind of a fuck you to the whole thing. I literally hate video games.

LillyanaKabal
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by LillyanaKabal »

To cut down on the grind. A good cheating lets me get right to the meat rather than buggering around for six hours doing the same thing over and over.

DarkThinkHuman
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by DarkThinkHuman »

hbiclan wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:00 am
because I pretty much can't stand video games made after 2005. Feel like a loser playing them, and the only redeeming value I get is from playing them the "wrong way" because I know so many people would frown on it and i literally dont even care. The whole thing is so pathetic now with "streamers" and pathetic kids who literally waste their lives watching OTHER PEOPLE PLAY VIDEO GAMES. not even playing them themselves... not to mention the actual games themselves which are shit, and the whole incels vs woke brigade, it's all so cringe to me and I hate it. But cheating is fun because so many people would frown on it and it's kind of a fuck you to the whole thing. I literally hate video games.
I hate video games for "removing" all the fun stuff...
Does anyone remember older classic games likeGothic 1/2 or Jedi Knight 2 / Jedi Academy ?
I had SO much more fun coz of the huge cheats in the game, played Gothic so many times with cheat features like "control other NPCs" or learning Magic if you are a warrior, or just creating a "Arena" in Jedi Knight ... I spended hours just spawning jedis / dark jedis and fighting them...
I always played games legit and then I went full "retard" with cheating.

why is it so f*cking hard to understand for game devs that some players have super fun if the game allows to be a big fun sandbox?
I Mean Ubisoft added something like the "Animus Control" stuff into AC:Origins and players liked to fool around with it ... it didn't hurt the game in anyway ... still Ubisoft is not doing something like this in other titles

to end this rage with something good : thanks to anyone who is creating cheats / mod menus or anything like this!

megupets
Cheater
Cheater

Post by megupets »

I mostly do it on games I have already beat (mostly mobile games like Kairosoft games that had no steam release until now).
So the grind is no longer fun : ) It's more of an inconvenience to do it again xD

teyhox
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by teyhox »

I cheat to "balance" games to my liking. I don't automatically cheat on every games I play, I only do when there is something I don't like or find unfair. I tend to prefer things like Damage dealing or receiving multiplier, rather than god mode/OHK, to personnalize my difficulty. I don't like stamina things like in Souls games, so generally I use infinite stamina cheats. I hate platforming, so I used infinite jumps while playing Doom Eternal. If the grind is abusive, I use a light xp multiplier. Etc.

omniwhole
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by omniwhole »

If grind makes the game less fun then I remove grind with cheats.

DarkestPrayer69
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by DarkestPrayer69 »

I don't

markopolo
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by markopolo »

1. too busy to get good on every game, too many games to experience in 1 lifetime,

2. time is precious, not every game deserves a chip off my life, sometimes using cheats can help you look ahead to see if the game is worth your time

3. sometimes I like a difficult challenge but sometimes I want a walk in the park

4. looking at all the nice art without having to do the same boring tasks and setbacks again,

5. it’s fun feeling indestructible like One Punch Man,

6. cheats can act as a good trainer especially for figuring out boss fight patterns,

7. if there are cheaters using aimbot and you are not, then why not level the playing field

masakiandou
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by masakiandou »

to protect myself.

I always wanted safe-place. no harming. no dangerous place for living. for short, I want to protect myself from all-harming in the world.
It's like you want bulletproof, safe haven, or save-room that even Mr.X can't enter.

If game can't give time to rest for me. then I created it myself.
even I'm not good on compettition in skillplay with others. i can be Invincible in my own room.

I'm not cheat for ranking or rewards. I'm shut-in guy.