What is cheating?

Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong Trainer

Post by RedMarshal »

Coga wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 12:27 pm
Rhark wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 11:41 pm
-reserved-

Yes, the trainer so far is sub-par but after many hours I didn't get to any point with combat etc and almost fell asleep due to boredom. Will play more tomorrow and see if the game improves.
Might be out of luck there, buddy- the game has no combat at all (IIRC, it's actually one of the selling points). It's a game from the makers of the Council- any 'combat' here is going to be of the politicking sort.

EDIT: Just so we're clear, I'm not ragging on the game- that selling point above I mentioned? Yeah, it's a big reason I'm liking it so far.
First i am sadly surprised by how polite you people behaving, in a good way, or i am dead,insane,etc, or it can be bad and i get the thing..."hope"...the horror, about the game i only decide to cheat because saving is a nightmare and wype 2 saves to 0 and i tried to make the 3 chars a little more especialize given the abnormal mecanic of exp too little especially on a cold first run, i have this thing to dont give up on challenges, thats one of the 2 things a game needs to hook me, the second is being fun, but after playing the malk second scene i got the full grasp of the rules and that is just not far, you need to have social skills quite high sometimes but everage or at least 1 point just to get a shoot to burn willpower to get a chance,equips unequip at random (no clue why) and consumables are almost colectors item, if you find any you will rather die instead of using(learn that the hard way) and the exp you get change a lot on the winnings from the scene before, so if you want to even have a shoot to explore the chars unique traits be warned that is not happening any time soon and if you try the odds of being stuck is very common and there is no way out but crawling on fire that is not a fair challenge or fun, just poorly design mecanics for char develpment and at least to me took the unique traits on skills and story of the 3 chars and make you ponder start from 0 if you dont make as they designed to be, less sucess on tasks= less xp and i mean a 80 exp for one and 25 for another and that 25 make worse for the next scene, that you dont have a clue what is gonna be about, my advice to have a shoot and fun? cheat for the fun and you may stay for the show, it does look good, story so far is good enough to remind of the pen and paper rpg, but not too much to become boring predictable(except the sugar fangs) i got that first time i saw it and still loved, bloodlines did a really cool job on the malkav twins(?) that was on point, respect a Malkavian done right, they are even more rare that unicorns or sanity, i mean it.