The Long Dark [Steam] (Discontinued)

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
elkfury
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: The Long Dark [Steam] (Updated)

Post by elkfury »

Hello! Grate table!

Cheat Instant Cure Animal Hides/Guts crashes my game (no steam) when I try to activate it.
Message after open and close script field says:

[Link]

Can you please fix it to me? Thx

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1

Chiados
Fearless Furry
Fearless Furry

Post by Chiados »

elkfury wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:44 am
Hello! Grate table!

Cheat Instant Cure Animal Hides/Guts crashes my game (no steam) when I try to activate it.
Message after open and close script field says:

[Link]

Can you please fix it to me? Thx
I only support Steam currently. What release of TLD are you currently playing?

VL4DST3R
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by VL4DST3R »

While playing wintermute I sometimes get items or food with an obscenely big negative condition (-2147483648%) While the food -so far only rabbit meat- doesn't seem to be affected by this too much since you can still eat it and behaves properly, other items for example the sewing kit can no longer be used as the game reports the item as broken.

This actually links to a request i had/wanted to make: in the past there used to be a table that allowed you to directly modify an items values like condition and stack amount, and i see your table also has a category similar to this, but it's labeled "useless" and doesn't seem to work at all. Could you add this functionality back in?

EDIT: To add to this, another strange behavior i noticed that is caused by this is with torches, they can also get into negative durability and can no longer be used, but if you try to use them as fuel for a fire instead, the fire heat value turns to NaN degrees and never goes out, breaking the user freezing meter in the process (if you are in the same area as the fire).

This has happened with the "no gear decay" script enabled.
Last edited by VL4DST3R on Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chiados
Fearless Furry
Fearless Furry

Post by Chiados »

VL4DST3R wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:32 pm
While playing wintermule I sometimes get items or food with an obscenely big negative condition (-2147483648%) While the food -so far only rabbit meat- doesn't seem to be affected by this too much since you can still eat it and behaves properly, other items for example the sewing kit can no longer be used as the game reports the item as broken.

This actually links to a request i had/wanted to make: in the past there used to be a table that allowed you to directly modify an items values like condition and stack amount, and i see your table also has a category similar to this, but it's labeled "useless" and doesn't seem to work at all. Could you add this functionality back in?

EDIT: To add to this, another strange behavior i noticed that is caused by this is with torches, they can also get into negative durability and can no longer be used, but if you try to use them as fuel for a fire instead, the fire heat value turns to NaN degrees and never goes out, breaking the user freezing meter in the process (if you are in the same area as the fire).

This has happened with the "no gear decay" script enabled.
What version of the game are you using? I'm not experiencing any of the issues you have pointed out.

VL4DST3R
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by VL4DST3R »

The latest Steam version. As i said, it doesn't happen with every item, only certain ones, like for example scripted/pre-placed rabbit carcasses by the devs. Have you tried playing through wintermute for a bit to see if you manage to trigger it? It's possible survival isn't affected by this. If it would help, i can provide a save with such a glitched item in my inventory (for example to trigger the NaN temperature bug).

Chiados
Fearless Furry
Fearless Furry

Post by Chiados »

VL4DST3R wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:03 am
The latest Steam version. As i said, it doesn't happen with every item, only certain ones, like for example scripted/pre-placed rabbit carcasses by the devs. Have you tried playing through wintermute for a bit to see if you manage to trigger it? It's possible survival isn't affected by this. If it would help, i can provide a save with such a glitched item in my inventory (for example to trigger the NaN temperature bug).
A save file would be good. I know some scripts function oddly in Wintermute like infinite sprint when climbing ropes, that crashes it instantly. It's possible I'll have to make seperate scripts for campaign and survival. I'm waiting on the next update (oct 22nd) before I update or change anything since that update will more than likely break things.

VL4DST3R
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by VL4DST3R »

Test save here: [Link]
I messed with a few things here to see what else i can break (see below) so ignore odd item amounts. As you spawn, in front of you (around the trash bin) there are a few negative condition items i accumulated in my playthrough. In your hand there is a negative condition torch which if used as fuel, turns the temperature in that area to NaN. I managed to get the torch by first activating the "no gear decay" option then simply lighting it up and sleeping 2 hours with it lit in my hand.

I also encountered a few other bugs since i switched to survival, but negative condition items don't seem spawn here, at least so far. The other bugs i encountered was the fact that instantly curing GUTS in particular crashes the game, regardless of the amount, everything else "cures" fine. I do have to note that i started using mods around this time to add more granular control over certain features of the game, but none of them should mess with the curing process in any way, plus curing still works in wintermute with them enabled. Another issue is the fact that "survey shows entire map" doesn't seem to work in survival, and yes, i did read the very peculiar instructions about how to do it properly and respected them to a T. If it is of any use, i attempted it on Broken Railroad, near the Lodge on a new game.

Chiados
Fearless Furry
Fearless Furry

Post by Chiados »

VL4DST3R wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:45 pm
Test save here: [Link]
I messed with a few things here to see what else i can break (see below) so ignore odd item amounts. As you spawn, in front of you (around the trash bin) there are a few negative condition items i accumulated in my playthrough. In your hand there is a negative condition torch which if used as fuel, turns the temperature in that area to NaN. I managed to get the torch by first activating the "no gear decay" option then simply lighting it up and sleeping 2 hours with it lit in my hand.

I also encountered a few other bugs since i switched to survival, but negative condition items don't seem spawn here, at least so far. The other bugs i encountered was the fact that instantly curing GUTS in particular crashes the game, regardless of the amount, everything else "cures" fine. I do have to note that i started using mods around this time to add more granular control over certain features of the game, but none of them should mess with the curing process in any way, plus curing still works in wintermute with them enabled. Another issue is the fact that "survey shows entire map" doesn't seem to work in survival, and yes, i did read the very peculiar instructions about how to do it properly and respected them to a T. If it is of any use, i attempted it on Broken Railroad, near the Lodge on a new game.
The 'survey shows entire map' is very buggy and horrible butchered. I'm not surprised that doesnt work in the slightest but it's something I'll take another pass at once the new story content comes out. I appreciate the feedback greatly and I'll try to find better ways to implement some of the scripts. I've got a lot going on currently so I'm unable to really delve into the game at this time.

VL4DST3R
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by VL4DST3R »

And i thank YOU for making this otherwise exceptional table, this is literally the reason i got back into playing TLD for more than half an hour then forgetting about the game entirely for another few years (like i did many times before). Without your table i would have been long bored with the game by now. If i can help with anything else do pm me and good luck with your irl stuff!

TheMaestro55555
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by TheMaestro55555 »

Hi, can you update please your amazing table for new patch with episode 3?

Feared889
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Feared889 »

Needs an update, they have changed many internal things to namely 64-bit executable and IL2CPP.

Chiados
Fearless Furry
Fearless Furry

Post by Chiados »

I'll work on it when I have time. If anyone else wants to update it in the mean time, feel free.

Sigan
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: The Long Dark [Steam] (Discontinued)

Post by Sigan »

Is there a way to approach this from a mono perspective now that they've repackaged everything? I'm using game version 1.62, and I've become lazy at hacking games that can't use mono features. I miss all the cheats the previous versions had easy access to.

Chiados
Fearless Furry
Fearless Furry

Post by Chiados »

Sigan wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:59 pm
Is there a way to approach this from a mono perspective now that they've repackaged everything? I'm using game version 1.62, and I've become lazy at hacking games that can't use mono features. I miss all the cheats the previous versions had easy access to.
Might be able to manually edit GameAssembly.dll for some perm stuff but thats just a thought off the top of my head. Don't know whether it would work or not.

Sigan
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Sigan »

I opened that up in dnspy, but there are two things about that:

1. I can only interpret rudimentary stuff in that language, so I couldn't do very much more than changing a plus or minus in an equation, provided I even knew where to look in the first place
2. It didn't look like it affected anything beyond how the game was handled by the operating system. You know, settings, and whatnot

So, based on my understanding, I couldn't do anything with it. If you could, I'm all about learning, but it looks nothing like the typical dll's I see, that work with mono. I understand that's usually unity engine, but I don't know why any of that means anything... Lolz, I'm kinda missing pieces of knowledge, but I can write some simple scripts in asm. I just like to look at what other people do, and learn from them if I can. When I can contribute to this community, I do, but I'm more here looking to learn.