RESIDENT EVIL 2 +19 +1 (table Update15) (2020.7.21)

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
gir489
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Re: RESIDENT EVIL 2 +9 +3 (table Update6)

Post by gir489 »

Has anyone looked in to what the game does for when a weapon is supposed to have infinite ammo? I have to imagine it's just some conditional check. I don't like looking at 0 on my screen, it would be nice to have some sort of visual indicator that infinite ammo is working, or that I can reload. I keep finding myself in situations where I run instead of fight because I think I don't have ammo. I can only describe this behaviour to someone who's played Default Dan. So many years of video game behaviour ingrained in to my memory, it's hard to ignore ALL that for one game. Avoid the coins, jump on the spikes, 1ups kill you, up is down.

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1

Cielos
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Post by Cielos »

@Sun
"You need an OBJECT in the inventory for the gun to fire." yea, that's what the "ignore ammo pouch" script does, trick the game to skip the object check, and proceed to do the reload routine. but the routine won't added ammo to the clip as it was told there're no ammo to add, so the script would then tell the reload routine to update the ammo manually..

hope your idea would save me 3 sub-weapons space!

Exeter
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Exeter »

They're adding new game modes to RE2... Ghost Survivors. So an update is in the works, hopefully it won't break too much stuff.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

As I was told, the way to get "unlimited ammo" in the other titles was to turn the ammo unlimited (it gets the infinite symbol). Don't think there's any other way. Will check later.

gir489
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Post by gir489 »

SunBeam wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:44 pm
As I was told, the way to get "unlimited ammo" in the other titles was to turn the ammo unlimited (it gets the infinite symbol). Don't think there's any other way. Will check later.
The current "no ammo required" feature "works" you just have to know you can still reload with 0 ammo on your HUD. It's just annoying.

Exeter
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Exeter »

Didn't someone post a screenshot here of weapons with infinity symbols? It looks like they removed them from the game. So there's probably no way to get an actual 'legit' infinity symbol weapon that fully functions as it should. But not sure.

gir489
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Post by gir489 »

Exeter wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:02 pm
Didn't someone post a screenshot here of weapons with infinity symbols? It looks like they removed them from the game. So there's probably no way to get an actual 'legit' infinity symbol weapon that fully functions as it should. But not sure.
That's not how video games work. The display code just has a conditional check to see if it needs to display the infinity symbol or not. Someone just needs to work out how to make it always display the infinity symbol.

zeto3211
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by zeto3211 »

Is there any sort of workaround for guns obtained through the helper not recognizing ammo until you find that particular gun in game?

Example; Used helper to give myself a shotgun and 20 shells. Both in inventory but HUD says that I have zero shells. Kind of defeats the point.

gir489
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Post by gir489 »

zeto3211 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:20 pm
Is there any sort of workaround for guns obtained through the helper not recognizing ammo until you find that particular gun in game?

Example; Used helper to give myself a shotgun and 20 shells. Both in inventory but HUD says that I have zero shells. Kind of defeats the point.
Did you set the ammo value for the weapon in the inventory editor?

zeto3211
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by zeto3211 »

Nevermind I'm retarded
Last edited by zeto3211 on Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

^ Like I said...

gir489
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Post by gir489 »

Then it shouldn't be hard to work out. Figure out what's reading the item type from your inventory, and figure out which CMP instruction is failing that's supposed to pass. Then figure out how to make it pass for that item. I think there's a 2ndary table of either hard-coded addresses tied to weapon information, or there's more information in the inventory struct we're not seeing.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

Cielos wants to shoot with no inventory consumption; am guessing he wants the slots free. Just said you can't do that. But anyway, don't let me stop you :D

gir489
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Post by gir489 »

SunBeam wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:46 pm
Cielos wants to shoot with no inventory consumption; am guessing he wants the slots free. Just said you can't do that. But anyway, don't let me stop you :D
These cryptic "I told you so" responses are not helping or productive.

In other news: [Link]

Exeter
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Exeter »

Imagine RE3make. Pls Capcom, don't let us down.