Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition (Steam)

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
reverick
Noobzor
Noobzor

Re: Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition (Steam)

Post by reverick »

Sora3100 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:18 am
reverick wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:55 pm
I wonder if it is possible to make a cheat engine table that can allow one to choose what enemies or bosses spawn before or after entering battle, in a similar manner to how this can be done through the console commands in Dragon Quest XI or how people would spawn multiple bosses for one fight in Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix on PS2. However, I haven't seen anything like that on Cheat Engine so it wouldn't surprise me if it's not possible.
It's possible, but unfortunately, the game crashes if you try to load a model that's not supposed to be there. You can try it with my table, it should be under notes. Putting stronger versions of the same enemy should work, though.
Which of these options allows me to choose which enemy will spawn and then which option do I need to select to spawn it before/after encounter?

Under UNSUPPORTED I see:
☐ character pointer
____ ☐ Name [WIP]
________ ☐ Base_1
_____________☐ First Name_0...
________ ☐ Base_2...
____ ☐ Character
________ ☐ Base
________ ☐ Name...
________ ☐ Attribute
________ ☐ Attribute Readonly
☐ Character Model

Under Notes I see:
☐ Yuri Title
☐ Yuri Model
☐ Duke Stats Fight Finder...
☐ No description
☐ No description
☐ Encounter Finder...
☐ Paste enemy HP address here to get values
____ ☐ HP
____ ☐ Enemy
____ ☐ Name
☐ HP values
☐ Yuri Up Arte
☐ Yuri Up Arte Whitelist

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1

Sora3100
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Sora3100 »

It should be Encounter Finder iirc, but you need to be either at final boss, or have a save to gattuso, or have access to the refights and fight gattuso

reverick
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by reverick »

Sora3100 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:55 pm
It should be Encounter Finder iirc, but you need to be either at final boss, or have a save to gattuso, or have access to the refights and fight gattuso
Alright so I checked the box that says Encounter Finder and then entered Gattuso's fight through Namco Banda Isle and this is what I see:
___________________________________Address___________Value
☐ Encounter Finder
_____ ☐ Gattuso fight_______________1806279684
____________ ☐ Gattuso_____________1806279684________245
____________ ☐ Gattuso Cub 1________1806279688________246
____________ ☐ Gattuso Cub 2________180627968C________246

1. What do I need to change here to spawn another enemy? Address or Value? When I alter them it doesn't appear to do anything.
2. Are Gattuso and Duke the only enemies that I can spawn more of? And only in their respective fights?
3. Does the "☐ Paste enemy HP address here to get values" option in your Cheat Table have anything to do with enemy spawning? Or is it exclusively the "☐ Encounter Finder" option?

Sora3100
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Sora3100 »

1. Just the value, after doing so, you just start their fight, you can add more of the same boss, but I see no point in doing that.
2. No, in theory you can do this with any of the encounters in the game. And yes, only in their respective fights.
3. It's just a remnant of my laziness, the newest version of my table (that I apparently didn't upload till now) should have the enemy values all filled out.

reverick
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by reverick »

Sora3100 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:02 am
1. Just the value, after doing so, you just start their fight, you can add more of the same boss, but I see no point in doing that.
2. No, in theory you can do this with any of the encounters in the game. And yes, only in their respective fights.
3. It's just a remnant of my laziness, the newest version of my table (that I apparently didn't upload till now) should have the enemy values all filled out.
Thank you so much for the help and the updated cheat table! I'm still running a few tests but I think it's working since it's reading the enemy IDs that I received by hovering over the Enemy Book.

One thing that I noticed on the new Table was AttackStatus which appears to let you edit a arte and attack's properties which sounds very interesting, which even includes stuff like "attacks hit allies" and different stagger options. The options it has works with no problems. However, the only options that appears to be available under "Attack" include Yuri's melee, some of his artes, Estelle's Pow Hammer, and some of Karol's artes with the last option reading List Ends at 2597. Is there a way to edit a specific enemy or boss's melee attacks or arte from this list?

Sora3100
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Sora3100 »

You can, but you'd have to know where it is in memory (or find it among the 2597 entries). A friend of mine was supposed to go through them, I don't know what happened with it though.

eugene9
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by eugene9 »

Hello! I am so glad to see that this game is getting some love after so many years. I was wondering if there is already a table that makes it possible to play as enemy bosses like Dhaos. Dunno something like replacing characters' battle models and anims with them.

Sora3100
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Sora3100 »

Not possible via memory hacking at least, as it suffers from the same problem that replacing enemies does, crashing when trying to load models that aren't supposed to be there. Dhaos' artes in particular also crash the game for whatever reason, while others technically work.

eugene9
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by eugene9 »

Sora3100 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:17 pm
Not possible via memory hacking at least, as it suffers from the same problem that replacing enemies does, crashing when trying to load models that aren't supposed to be there. Dhaos' artes in particular also crash the game for whatever reason, while others technically work.
I see... so is there another way? I've got some experience in modding games like DQXI, Elden Ring, Kingdom Hearts 3, Tales of Arise...
I was wondering if there's a way to unpack data files and edit them.

Sora3100
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Sora3100 »

You can unpack some of them if I remember correctly, but you're gonna need to reverse engineer a lot of stuff to get to where you can play as bosses. It's probably not worth the effort given how janky boss gameplay can be in these games.

eugene9
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by eugene9 »

Sora3100 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:01 pm
You can unpack some of them if I remember correctly, but you're gonna need to reverse engineer a lot of stuff to get to where you can play as bosses. It's probably not worth the effort given how janky boss gameplay can be in these games.
If I'm able to unpack/pack the game, I would rather tweak some anims and swap characters' portraits and models, tbh. Is that complex at all too? Is there any tool to read/edit those files? I normally use UasssetEditor and HxD.

Sora3100
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Sora3100 »

Unfortunately I haven't looked at anything like those, so I have no clue.

reverick
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by reverick »

Sora3100 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:40 pm
You can, but you'd have to know where it is in memory (or find it among the 2597 entries). A friend of mine was supposed to go through them, I don't know what happened with it though.
1. Under AttackStatus under Notes when I set it for Yuri’s Guardian Field, I see
___________________________________Value
☐ Notes
___☐ AttackStatus
____________☐ Attack (changethis)______144 : Guardian Field
____________☐ Next entry_____________200
____________☐ Entry_________________144 : Guardian Field
____________☐ AttackStatus ID?________1410
_________________☐ Attack pointer_____6F 23 BA 38 C6 01 00 00

Where do I find the AttackStatusID and the values that I need to match up with AttackStatus under Notes? If I hover over an arte with your Arte Properties Editor, it gives me the Entry, Arte ID, Arte Pointer, and Arte Name ID but I cannot find anything called AttackStatusID. Or do you mean the only way to find it is to test every value in Attack (changethis) until I find the arte I want to modify?

2. Anything I change with your Arte Properties Editor works with any arte without any problems, but it’s missing a lot of the settings that are included in AttackStatus under Notes. The Status Effects dropdown menu from the Arte Properies Editor is missing the negative Status Effects (Poison, Weak, Petr, Para, Charm, etc) and debuffs (ATKd, DEFd, etc) that are included with the Status Effects dropdown menu from AttackStatus.

3. Would the settings provided with AttackStatus that are missing from the Arte Properties Editor work if you updated it to include them? If so, then adding the negative Status Effects (Poison, etc) and defbuffs (ATKd, etc), Hit type, Knockback, Launcher, Ignore Guard, Force Guard Break, Ability to hit allies, and Particle ID options to the Arte Properties Editor would allow the player to apply these settings to any party member, enemy, and boss’s attack since the “All Artes” option from DrummerIX’s TOV_DE_V9.5 Cheat Table adds every attack in the game to the Artes Menu which I've tested and found that it already works with your Arte Properties Editor.

Sora3100
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Sora3100 »

1. Either that, or you can abuse Cheat Engine's debugger options.

2. This is because these games tend to have multiple systems in place for combat. Vesperia in particular has 3 systems, the arte script itself, arte properties, and attackstatus. There isn't anything I can do about this, it's just how the game is made.

3. No. They are simply different parts of the overarching system. You can also manually type in the numbers by the way if you want to try yourself.

reverick
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by reverick »

Sora3100 wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:53 pm
1. Either that, or you can abuse Cheat Engine's debugger options.

2. This is because these games tend to have multiple systems in place for combat. Vesperia in particular has 3 systems, the arte script itself, arte properties, and attackstatus. There isn't anything I can do about this, it's just how the game is made.

3. No. They are simply different parts of the overarching system. You can also manually type in the numbers by the way if you want to try yourself.
1. Ah. So I went into Debugger Options in Cheat Engine's Settings, but what do I need to check in those options to find the ID for a particular arte such as if I used or wanted to modify the Enemy Arte Dead Leaf Cutter?
2-3. Oh ok, I figured that might be the case since I noticed that Yuri's arte IDs in AttackStatus were separated by every hit rather than the whole arte itself.