Supreme Ruler Ultimate

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
Traslogan
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Supreme Ruler Ultimate

Post by Traslogan »

Would anyone know how to edit the resources on a select hex? The resources in the game appear to be a fixed level 0, 1, 2 or 3 (none, low, medium, high), which dictates how many resource facilities can be built on that hex. The devs target historical accuracy but often leave things out (e.g. the UK's uranium supply, but they added it in 2020 only, and forgot the other game-starts). Wondering if anyone has an inkling on how editing the available resources on a tile/hex could be achieved.

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1
Last edited by Traslogan on Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Traslogan
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Traslogan »

Hey folks, the summer update for SRU came out. Any chance we can have the table updated? Much appreciated!
(I'd try if I had a clue, I tried pointer scanning after finding one resource float and couldn't even get a single result on default settings lol)

As a note, there's bugfixes incoming and one more big update later in the summer whilst they work on totally-not-supreme-ruler-2.

AlexS
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by AlexS »

Traslogan wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:14 pm
Would anyone know how to edit the resources on a select hex?
(Google translation)

Please explain what practical benefits in the game will be provided by editing the resources on the selected hex? Why not use resource editing in stock?

Sorry for bad english.

Traslogan
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Traslogan »

AlexS wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:19 am
Traslogan wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:14 pm
Would anyone know how to edit the resources on a select hex?
(Google translation)

Please explain what practical benefits in the game will be provided by editing the resources on the selected hex? Why not use resource editing in stock?

Sorry for bad english.
The game only lets you place resource buildings where those resources are. As far as I can tell after looking at the modding tools, you cannot modify the game's basic maps, only special scenario maps (you can also make your own maps, but again that isn't the basic maps).

In hindsight though, I think it would be a bad idea, as you would lose your edited resources every time you load the game, since it would load the resource map from the game's files again.

AlexS
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by AlexS »

Traslogan wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:42 am
In hindsight though, I think it would be a bad idea

(Google Translate)

Thanks I got it.

Did you manage to update the table? If not, tell me which table you wanted to update and which version of the game?

Traslogan
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Traslogan »

I was trying to find the game's variables from scratch with pointers, but I was hitting errors when rescanning the pointers in CE itself, and had a few other issues, as it's not something I've done before.

It might be worth waiting until next week though, as I believe a hotfix is coming and that will change the game version again, since there was some clear bugs with the first summer update.

AlexS
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by AlexS »

(Google translation)

I understood.
I do not have a new version of the game (9.1.138), so I myself can’t check the change of addresses and cannot fix the table. Try on the new version of the game to activate this script. If it is activated, then copy the hex value in the "=" line (exactly the value, not the address). Open the previous version of the table (9.1.114) in a text editor, replace all addresses 012E4898 with the one you copied, and save as a new table. Try using it with the new version of the game. If everything is done correctly, the new table should work. When the next update appears, you can update the table again in the same way.
Attachments
Script S.CT
(924 Bytes) Downloaded 82 times

Traslogan
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Traslogan »

Okay that worked a charm, here's the updated CE Table for SRU for the June 2019 patch
Attachments
SupremeRulerUltimate v9.1.138.ct
SRU June 2019 Updated Table
(26.21 KiB) Downloaded 140 times

konkun11
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by konkun11 »

This is a good instruction on how to find pointer for this game. After that just change pointer to (22.06 01303BF8) current one by opening .ct in some text editor like N++.

AlexS
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by AlexS »

(Google translation)

Maybe someone will come in handy.
Added a very simple script to this table. Now you can edit these values for any country, not just for your own. Activate the script and click on the territory of any country. Its name will appear in the top line, and the remaining lines will contain the values for the selected country.
Should work on different versions of the game.
Attachments
SupremeRulerUltimate_ext.CT
(22.7 KiB) Downloaded 167 times

Traslogan
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Traslogan »

I can't seem to get that new table for editing other countries to work at all (Tried on the latest public build and on the insider build that comes out next week). The Base toggle can't be toggled on no matter what for me.

For reference, the previous CE Table I uploaded a post prior is working even on the insider build.

AlexS
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by AlexS »

(Google translation)

On the early version 9.1.114 the table works, but on the latest versions of the game the table was not checked, so the "Base" script may not work. I cannot update the table, I have no new versions of the game.
I am gradually engaged in the creation of a new cheat-table with advanced features (editing diplomatic relations between any countries, editing the state of any units, controlling resources, GodMode, etc.), but this is also only for game version 9.1.114.

Traslogan
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Traslogan »

So I attempted to change the address of that script for changing other nation's stats, doing the same as last time by using the ScriptS.CT to get the hex value, and then trying to replace the address field in the main script with said hex value, in this case every address was '_sru_6' and replacing it with the appropriate hex value for the current build appears to not fix the base script and it still cannot run.

Maybe I'm just too inexperienced but any idea what I might be doing wrong this time? This method still worked fine when I converted the original table to this patch. The current hex for the up-to-date version is 01303BF8, but I couldn't get it to work with that on the new script that affects other countries

AlexS
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by AlexS »

Traslogan wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:28 pm
This method still worked fine when I converted the original table to this patch. The current hex for the up-to-date version is 01303BF8, but I couldn't get it to work with that on the new script that affects other countries
(Google translation)

In the original table for one player only one base address is used, it is permanent. When a game version changes, this address changes. The script "Script S.CT" finds a new address that needs to be replaced instead of the old one. Therefore, simply replacing the address in the original table works.
The base address is different for different countries, therefore, in the table "SupremeRulerUltimate_ext.CT" instead of the permanent address, "_sru_6" is used, and the script "Base" automatically finds and substitutes the address of the selected country instead of "_sru_6". With the new patch, the section of the game code that the "Base" script is accessing has changed, so this script cannot work correctly. For the "SupremeRulerUltimate_ext.CT" table to work, you need to modify the "Base" script for the new version of the game. Replace "_sru_6" is not necessary, it will not bring benefits.
I do not have a new version of the game, so I do not know what has changed and cannot update this script.

P.S. As I said, I made a table with advanced features, but it is for version 9.1.114:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9949

Sorry for the bad english.

karabinatos
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by karabinatos »

Hi ppl
So I totally new to this but I've been messing around with cheat engine and pointers and tables and all...
I found there are pointers for each individual country. Everytime I start a game, the value of the pointer we use on the tables changes to thevalue of the pointer of the nation I control.
That tells me that if I can find the source of that change I could actually switch nations in game.
I just don't know where to look.

Any ideas?