Shenmue 1 HD

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
Chris_Chocobo
Cheater
Cheater

Shenmue 1 HD

Post by Chris_Chocobo »

Okay i made a table for Shenmue 1 that includes these cheats:

Mini QTE game score modifier (Set it to 300000 to recive the toy capsule)
Excite QTE 2 game score modifier (The same as above, set it to 300000 to recive the toy capsule)
Abe Store Raffle result modifier (You can set the results between 0 and 5 to recive the different prizes)
Dobuita Tomato Store Raffle modifier (Same as above, set results between 1 and 5)
Harbor Lounge Raffle modifier (Same as the other two stores. Set values between 1 and 5)
Infinite lifes in Space Harrier Arcade (Just freeze the values when you start a game)

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1
Last edited by Chris_Chocobo on Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

RottenAzzRonnie
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Re: Shenmue 1 HD

Post by RottenAzzRonnie »

Raffle mods not working at any of stores listed regardless of value being input.

Chris_Chocobo
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Chris_Chocobo »

RottenAzzRonnie wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:26 am
Raffle mods not working at any of stores listed regardless of value being input.
Hmmm that's weird. It works perfect for me. Maybe its tied to my saved game? In any case, its pretty easy to find the code.

KyoSune
Cheater
Cheater

Post by KyoSune »

Abe store worked for me but the others do not.

shadowolf
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by shadowolf »

Nice, I had been trying to do Infinite Health with Space Harrier, but could never figure out how to do cheats with arcade video games.
Any chance for Infinite Time in Hang-On??

Chris_Chocobo
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Chris_Chocobo »

shadowolf wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:35 pm
Nice, I had been trying to do Infinite Health with Space Harrier, but could never figure out how to do cheats with arcade video games.
Any chance for Infinite Time in Hang-On??
I cant do a cheat for the Hang On timer because the adress changes in every game you load. Sorry, im still a noob with Cheat Engine but its easy to find an adress to stop the timer.
KyoSune wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:46 pm
Abe store worked for me but the others do not.
Im glad to hear that. Abe store is by far the most unfair shop giving prizes. They all work for me. It seems it different for every person. Im sorry i cant find a code that works for everyone.

KyoSune
Cheater
Cheater

Post by KyoSune »

That's fair enough. Its easy enough to do it anyways and I figured it out. Nice one though!

shadowolf
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by shadowolf »

Any chance you can update it a bit, particularly the Space Harrier life? I don't think it works anymore with the new Patch 4 (and this patch fixes the glitch of not being able to get the Space Harrier prizes)

And for Hang-On, that's cool, I never quite understood how to find the permanent addresses to those values either. Can you tell me how you looked for the time? I can never seem to find it... I try using Decrease/Unchanged/Increase values, and also the literal time numbers, but never get anything, sometimes I even get completely zero results.

Chris_Chocobo
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Chris_Chocobo »

shadowolf wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:32 am
Any chance you can update it a bit, particularly the Space Harrier life? I don't think it works anymore with the new Patch 4 (and this patch fixes the glitch of not being able to get the Space Harrier prizes)

And for Hang-On, that's cool, I never quite understood how to find the permanent addresses to those values either. Can you tell me how you looked for the time? I can never seem to find it... I try using Decrease/Unchanged/Increase values, and also the literal time numbers, but never get anything, sometimes I even get completely zero results.
The fastest method to find an adress for the timer in Hang On is playing until the time is under 10 seconds. Search allways the number that appears in the timer and set the value type ''Byte''. Search 9 as First scan, then 8, 7, etc.

Here's an updated table for Space Harrier but let me warn you, my game crashes in the last round (the boss rush one). Good luck!

shadowolf
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by shadowolf »

Thank you, good sir, both the cheat sheet and the Hang On method worked absolutely perfectly, can't thank you enough!!

Chris_Chocobo
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Chris_Chocobo »

With a new patch update comes a new version of the Space Harrier cheat. I can't try the other cheats because im bussied with work.

DarkSynn337
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by DarkSynn337 »

Chris_Chocobo wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:26 pm
With a new patch update comes a new version of the Space Harrier cheat. I can't try the other cheats because im bussied with work.
The links no longer work :( I'm only missing the arcade capsule toys and their 1 token completion certificate hopefully your cheat table can help :)

Wintermute
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Wintermute »

Chris_Chocobo, can you possibly reupload your files? I know they probably aren't going to work now that the game has been updated since you last changed this (I thiiiink), but it would at least be something to go off of if we try to update this ourselves.

Alternatively, can you explain how you were able to find the values for the different store chances? My skill with Cheat Engine is pretty much limited to finding static values with somewhat unique numbers (inventory counts, yen, tokens, etc). I spent some time trying to figure this out but it's eluding me. The only assumption I can make is that the chance assignment is the same as the original game, meaning it is created as soon as Ryo goes to put his hand in the raffle box. This was confirmed by Radar on the Shenmue Dojo forums for the original Dreamcast release

Wintermute
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Wintermute »

Okay, so here's some help for folks thanks to Radar at the Shenmue Dojo.

It seems like the memory fields for the store raffle chances might be somewhat random for folks. Both Radar and I found slightly different addresses, for example he found Shenmue.exe+64FEC6C for the Dobuita Tomato mart while I found Shenmue.exe+64FEBCC. Note this is a single byte value. Both of us are on patch 7, and the memory field location is persistent upon game reload. One possibility is that my .exe is modified for a widescreen hack during cutscenes.

The field behavior is as such: when you go to buy an item at the store, whatever is in the field is overwritten with 255. As soon as the raffle drawing animation takes place, a value of 1-6 (or 0-6 for the Abe store) is assigned to the address. This is what determines your prize. The value stays in place up until your next purchase where it is reset to 255 again prior to the drawing animation. The only exception here is that the value is set to 0 upon game reload.

To find this yourself, 1-5 correlate to the different prizes on the sheet, and 6 is a loss. What you'll want to do is do a raffle drawing, then do a search for an exact value byte of whatever you pulled in the raffle (6 for a losing ticket, 1-5 for a winning ticket [or 0 at the Abe store if you're super lucky and get the ultra rare prize]). Keep doing drawings and doing next searches for whatever your ticket was. Eventually you should find the memory address that goes to 255 during a drawing animation.

Wintermute
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Wintermute »

Alright, for what it's worth, I was able to find the Space Harrier lives memory value. For me at least, it appears to be persistent at Shenmue.exe+AF0ED1, a single byte value. If this doesn't work for you, the easiest way to find it is to start Space Harrier, then do a scan for a byte value of 3. The game treats your current life as one of your total lives, so despite the screen showing two life icons in the bottom left, the value when starting is 3.

I found that even when freezing this value, if you "die" one of the life icons disappears from the screen. Once you deplete the icons you can keep 'dying' though and the game will continue.

I was able to get the 1CC reward this way. Oddly enough I did not get the Mini Space Harrier toy, apparently that is still bugged as of patch 7.