Dead Cells (2021-04-26)

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
bakra
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: Dead Cells (2021-04-26)

Post by bakra »

Did you put 'x' into the 'Player Stats Base Address Scan (To Update: Play Level)' line?

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1

IcemanUK
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by IcemanUK »

bakra wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:01 am
Made a small update like 1012 above.
Same, didn't touch boss part but everything else works fine for me now
Doesn't seem to work for me either unfortunately.

Angelisium
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Angelisium »

Does anyone have a table for the v28 ?
The previous tables are no longer functional :/

StinVec
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by StinVec »

Shinkansen's v1011 in the OP was updated by SlayerofMine in January and titled as v1012:
viewtopic.php?p=229575#p229575

Bakra updated SlayerOfMine's table on March 31st and titled it as v1013:
viewtopic.php?p=243595#p243595

Their table works fine for me on the 1.18.1 GoG version of the game (v28.1) except it needed the boss base address scan updated so that the cheat options work in boss levels.

EDIT
I tried updating the "Player Stats Boss Base Address Scan" option. It seemed to work properly for me, but stopped working for me later. It would seem this is not the correct address for it in the GoG/Steam-based. I placed it into a spoiler in case it is still of use to anyone.
Spoiler
Here is the updated Player Stats Boss Base Address Scan option for GoG 1.18.1 (should also work for Steam-based v28.1):

1. On the option "Player Stats Boss Base Address Scan (To Update: Play Level)" Right-click > Change script

2. Find this line of code:

Code: Select all

aobscan(playerstats_boss_searchedAOB, 8B 41 64 89 85 78 FF FF FF 85 C0 * * * * * * 8B 8A F8 00 00 00 89 8D 7C FF FF FF 85 C9)
Replace the digits with these:

8B 41 04 89 85 54 FF FF FF 85 C0 * * * * * * 8B 82 9C 00 00 00 89 85 58 FF FF FF 85 C0
3. Click "OK" and save the changes to the option.

That option should now be able to be activated. I just tested it on a boss level and all enabled options worked properly for the fight.

All of the options in the Bakra 1013 version of the table that I've tested work fine for me so far on GoG 1.18.1 including the boss address now that I updated it. Appears to not be much or any difference between GoG and Steam versions of the game.
Last edited by StinVec on Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Angelisium
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Angelisium »

The table doesn't work fully in the v28 (2022-04-19) of Steam but some parts work (like health / max health, jump flag..).
By tinkering a little, I managed to make "Number of enemies killed without being hit" and "Max Number of enemies killed without being hit" work (by moving the pointer offset from 50 to 54 and 54 to 58)
The main things that don't work are "Character Stats" part.

Edit : In fact, sometimes it doesn't even work at all.
Almost every other time it doesn't happen to define the "playerstats_basepointer" pointer (force to close the game and then reopen it to fix the problem... but it doesn't work every time).

Does anyone have the pointer like "deadcells.exe "+XXXXXX ?
I don't know if it will make a difference but I'd still like to try.

StinVec
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by StinVec »

@Angelisium
I've had that issue of a table not working every time before, not just for Dead Cells but in several games. Sometimes the process seems to change its memory designation (or whatnot) during loading where attaching the moment it is in the processes list and then it changing results in CE attached to this duplicate process or something.

I started delaying attaching to the game process until after reaching the main menu at least, setting the auto-attach delay to much longer, or even waiting until fully loaded into my save game. This helped prevent this happening almost completely for me.

_____

I do see that there are some problems with this table now on the 1.18.1/v28.1 game version.

Cells / Sepulcher
Cells has the wrong offset now and seems to have been changed by the game to be what used to be the Sepulcher option offset.

This is why enabling Massive Cells crashes the game as it is trying to set the wrong address to 999999999. And it is also why enabling Supulcher Darkness resets your cells to 0 upon gaining a cell as it is setting its address value to 0, but that address is now for Cells and not sepulcher darkness.

If you set the "Character Stats > Forgotten Sepulcher Darkness" to being 4 bytes instead of float you will see it shows your cells count and can be adjusted manually there instead of in the Cells entry which is pointing to the wrong address.

Invisibility
Enabling Invisibility option seemed to mess up and instead moved my camera to looking up really high. It likely has the wrong address/offset also.

_____

I'll try to find time very soon (if no one else does it first) to:
- Swap the Massive Cells option to the correct offset (sepulcher darkness's 344 offset instead of 338)
- Find the correct offset for the sepulcher darkness and update that option and its character stat entry offset
- Correct the Invisibility option offset.
- Test other options out.
- Post updated table with issues corrected.

StinVec
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by StinVec »

So far I've managed to update a few options that I found needed offset updates if they were not working for others also.

Updated options for Steam v28.2 & GoG 1.18.2 (using Bakra's v1013 updated table as its base)

_____

EDIT - v3

- Updated "Stats Set to Massive?" offsets
Offset had been updated by a previous updater but only those in the player>character stats section, not in the scripts. Script now properly sets all three stats to 99.

- Updated "Stats Set to Min?" offsets
Offset had been updated by a previous updater but only those in the player>character stats section, not in the scripts. Script now properly sets all three stats to 1.

- ADDED "Max Health Set to Massive?" option
Health Massive option merely sets your current health to whatever your max health is. This option sets your max health to 999999. If both are enabled then your max health will be 999999 and your current health will match it.

Note:
- All previous update offsets still apply for the Steam 28.2 version as well as the GoG equivalent. Addresses/offsets seem to be the same in both.
- "Player Stats Boss Base Address Scan" is also still not updated. The difficulty in updating it was not due to my using GoG and it is still evading me in Steam. I suspect something changed with it due to the DLC updates. I have no experience with pointer finding so I'm still working on it.
- Also made notes for what each offset entry is in the "Beneficial Timers Set to Massive?" script (just notes, did not need to update anything)

_____

EDIT - v2

- Updated "Skills Cooldown Set to 0?" offsets

_____

EDIT
The Boss Base Address I had updated was working, but I just entered into a challenge room and my active options stopped working. I finished the room and returned to the main level and they were active again. Challenge rooms seem to be affected by the boss address also.

I then got to a boss level and the options stopped working again for me. It would seem the Boss Base Address I had updated was incorrect or something else is at play that caused it to stop working for me. I'll try to see what is wrong and try to update it again.

_____

v1
- Updated "Invisibility Set to Massive?" offsets
- Updated "Cells Set to Massive?" offsets
- Updated "Forgotten Sepulcher Darkness Set to 0?" offsets (could use a retest to make sure I got the right offset as I was in and out of falling asleep in my chair when I was doing this one)
- Updated "Ammo & Health Flask Set to Massive?" offsets
- Included Angelisium's updated offsets for the two kills without being hit stats

There are still many options I haven't had time to check.
If anyone notices an option that does not work still, please note the option (and your game version too if possible) so that someone can try to update the option.
Attachments
Dead Cells - v1.18.2 (GoG) - v28.2 (Steam) v3.CT
(388.14 KiB) Downloaded 760 times
Last edited by StinVec on Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jhex357
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Jhex357 »

Game Crashes every time I use it!!!!

StinVec
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by StinVec »

Jhex357 wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:39 am
Game Crashes every time I use it!!!!
It being which table? The one in the OP? One from another user's post? The one I just posted?
What game version are you trying to using it on? Steam? GoG? 1.18.1/v28.1 or another?
What option are you enabling on that table that causes a crash?

Basic information would be needed if you want help.

Angelisium
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Angelisium »

StinVec wrote:I've had that issue of a table not working every time before, not just for Dead Cells but in several games. Sometimes the process seems to change its memory designation (or whatnot) during loading where attaching the moment it is in the processes list and then it changing results in CE attached to this duplicate process or something.

I started delaying attaching to the game process until after reaching the main menu at least, setting the auto-attach delay to much longer, or even waiting until fully loaded into my save game. This helped prevent this happening almost completely for me.
I will try, thank :D

I will try your table later and try to make a list of options that don't seem to work for the v28 of Steam.

If it can be useful to someone, I had made this lua script a while ago :

local Ref = getAddressList()
local xRef = Ref.getMemoryRecordByDescription("X")
local yRef = Ref.getMemoryRecordByDescription("Y")

local initialX, initialY = xRef.Value, yRef.Value

local minX, maxX = 0, 600
local minY, maxY = 0, 600

for cX=minX, maxX, 10 do
    for cY=minY, maxY, 10 do
        xRef.Value = cX
        yRef.Value = cY
        sleep(18)
    end
end

xRef.Value = initialX
yRef.Value = initialY

print("End")
When I start a level, I open the map then I launch the script and it moves my hero to discover the map it allows me to save long minutes of tedious exploration on the firsts levels to reach more quickly the level that interests me (usually the last 3-4).
The script is far from perfect, I have to manually adapt maxX and maxY according to the biome (because I haven't found a method to autodetect which biome the player is in).
I know it's a bit of a gruff method but I don't have the skills to do better.
Also I don't know how to use the script in cheat engine so I just copy/paste the script in the cheat engine lua interpreter (memory view then Ctrl+L then paste and execute) every time I need it.
The script is a bit slow to run because of sleep(18) but without it, the game has no time to see the hero's move and does not update the map.

Anyway, I hope it will be useful to someone even if it's not practical to use like this. :D

Edit : If you use the script without opening the map, too fast movements will cause the camera crash. ^^

StinVec
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by StinVec »

@Angelisium
Very nice! Hopefully someone can make use of your efforts in creating that and sharing it.

I'm in the process of switching back to the Steam version of the game over the GoG version. I believe v28.2 is the current game version. I will do a proper check on the options then to see if I can resolve any issues with any that are not working without dealing with the problems the GoG version was giving me.

I will then also see if I can find any address or something for 'Map Explored'. If so, perhaps a toggle option can be made so it triggers the full map reveal at the push of a button or always on so it reveals the map upon entry into a level.

Angelisium
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Angelisium »

Yes, that would be really great!

StinVec
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by StinVec »

Updated the attached table to v3 for game version v28.2: viewtopic.php?p=246867#p246867

+ All previous updates for GoG also apply for Steam version, so there seems there is no difference between game versions.
+ Updated "Stats Set to Massive?" offsets
+ Updated "Stats Set to Min?" offsets
+ Added "Max Health Set to Massive?" option
x "Player Stats Boss Base Address Scan" is still not updated. Still working on it.

StinVec
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by StinVec »

I have not yet found the updated Boss Level address for the script.

However, here are some standalone pointers on a static address that are universal for main and boss levels.

I think the address and pointers should work for everyone regardless of owned DLC, but that's a guess.

Temporary Universal Pointers (active on all levels, main and bosses - for v28.2)
As usual, freeze the pointers then set the values or select from dropdowns.

I have included these pointers in it for now if they're of use:
  • Max Health #
  • Health # (equal to max or less!)
  • Health Flask #
  • Cells # (0, 999999999)
  • Gold # (0, 999999999)
  • Invisibility (Off=0, On=99)
  • Force Field (Off=0, On=99)
  • Elapsed Time (seconds, 0=none)
  • Malaise (0=none)
If interested, the pointers can be expanded to include others from the existing table by using this temporary static base address:
"deadcells.exe"+002ED864

Just use the same offsets on the existing table pointers, but also add the additional 18, 0, 64 offsets to them.

Example:
Max Health currently has these offsets in the table:

Using this temporary "deadcells.exe"+002ED864 static base address, just add the additional offsets so it is:

I'm still spending far too many hours practicing with pointer tutorials and even running assembly searches and other ways to try to find the actual boss level base address that will work with the scripts. Still no luck. Hopefully this small table will help in the meantime for some options to use on boss levels.

Regarding the instant map reveal, I also tried save scumming with the cartographer item in the starting level to see if I can locate the address associated with revealing the map so it can be activated at will to instantly reveal a map, but I've not had any success yet.
Attachments
Dead Cells - Temporary Universal Pointers - (v28.2).ct
(6.74 KiB) Downloaded 535 times
Last edited by StinVec on Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Angelisium
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Angelisium »

Yeah, I can't wait to try it all!