TheyCallMeTim13 wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:19 am
CipherDidThis wrote: ↑
Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:31 pm
I guess I could ethically invade these Fobs now that we're all marked as bad boys...
I know right, I keep hearing about this "quarantine zone" and I so want to pillage it just for the hell of it, but go figure if you want to be quarantined then it's easier said then done; but I'm not really trying to be quarantined either.
Hey there TheyCallMeTim13!! I'm so happy to see you've resurrected the MGS V table thread! I know some of us here went a long time without a functioning table after the Ocelot update broke the invisibility. I feel we are so fortunate that you helped to update it with the code shift. I'm an analytical chemist in real life, but trying to figure out how to update the table/coding unfortunately is not a niche skill I have.
I am interested in how different cheats function. I hope you are still around if they do any more updates/shifts!
My save/account is in the Quarantine Zone, from Late 2016. So I'd be happy to describe what that's like if you are curious/if that would be helpful--- least I could do, haha. My PF rating is --- as you said, but I am still ranked as far as Espionage score.
Honestly, I don't know exactly what triggered the changeover, but I surmised it could be :
(1) too rapid progress at developing FOBs (basically editing resources to make sure I could build the next level platform within 1 hour of completing the previous one. 2-4, a rapid increase in S++ staff ( I added 5 of each type per day, eventually got too greedy and did 15 of each type at a time).
(2) Too many vehicles/tanks and resources that triggered some sort of flag in the (PF Virtual League Weekly Mock Battles. I was tired of everyone having 500+ tanks and steamrolling me every week in the PF Virtual League
(3) Getting reported by someone I invaded? Before this quarantine I honestly tried to keep all table editing done in offline mode and didn't use it in FOB invasions of other players---only did the weekly events. I went kind of HAM though once I got put in the Quarantine zone. I know it was blatantly evident that I was invaded by someone teleporting when I looked at the invasion log for a failed defense I saw they invaded in less than 30 seconds. If I used invisibility from the table, I still took the ~9 minutes to make it through all 4 platforms, but I probably fultoned too many containers/troops for the ammo I was supposed to have. I also wasn't sure if tripping motion sensors but somehow not raising the alarm in the logs was another dead giveaway?
As you said, I am forbidden from participating in the Weekly PF Virtual League, but I can do the daily/short round league battles. (Not sure if it's all cheaters in those).
Quarantined Players can invade non-quarantined FOBs through three methods I think:
1. Nuclear Weapons - A lot of the FOBs I see in the Nuclear FOBs tabs still have PF Rankings. Usually they are high Espionage Ranked players still online hoping to bait attackers. I would usually only target FOBs of people with all S++ soldiers but abysmal Espionage rankings (and ---- PF) or people with rank 69 FOBs, 8-12 nuclear weapons and low PF/Espionage Ranks (Obviously a new player that doesn't realize how suspicious that looks).
2. Security Challenges - I know a lot of these have PF Rankings
3. Retaliation and Retaliation of Supporters. I think I still have some non-quarantined supporters, so I could retaliate on their behalf when they get invaded.
In late 2016 I logged in to find my savegame gone. I was never sure if it was deleted by an admin (due to continued use of CE after quarantine) or if I accidentally did the "Delete Save Game" instead of "Return to Main Menu" from the Helicopter Menu in a sleep-deprived slumber after an all night binger.
I also had a pretty epic back and forth with this one guy. He would invade, take 30+ staff, with a clean invasion. I would search relentlessly for him (first in retaliation of supporters menu --- if he invaded my FOB clean, maybe he fucked up on one of my friend's FOBs) then in just refreshing "Find High Level FOBs Random Search. I would sometimes refresh for 20 or more minutes per day before surmising he was on blockade. Usually I'd get to him before my staff were converted. Then take 25-30 of his staff in addition to rescuing my own. This went back and forth for about a month until there were about 120+ staff at stake for each invasion. Eventually I pussied out, purchased 2 weeks of insurance with weekend MB coins and let him have the last invasion. So that he got 120 staff, and I retained copies of all of them (no loss).
I'd be happy to copy over my save file or add you as a Steam Friend Supporter if you want to test things out. (Unfortunately some of my Steam Friends's nicknames crash the game when I try to "Add Steam Friends" in the Friendships/Supporters menu-- I'm guessing due to weird symbols or characters). Can't figure out who those people are.
I've invaded several FOBs staffed by soldiers who are all female, have Skill bars that go off the screen (way high S++), and ones with crazy rare special skills. So I assume they don't mind me invading and diversifying my staff, haha!
Things I'm still curious about:
Is the Espionage Score/Ranking for the Quarantine Separate from the General Population. Aka is there a "Cheater" top 10 different from a "Legit" top 10 or are they mixed and just don't see each other. I see the same people in "random FOB" searches.