Final Fantasy IX (Steam)

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
DrummerIX
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Final Fantasy IX (Steam)

Post by DrummerIX »

There is a topic for the Moguri Mod cheat table. That one worked for me, but it's been awhile since I made it.

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1

orepap
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by orepap »

Hello,

Recently started playing the game again after almost 15 years and this is the first time i am trying to get Excalibur II. To be honest i am not trying the speed run cause i wouldnt enjoy the game that way so i am going to try using this save editor at the time where you reach Memoria.
My question is, does this editor reset time? if yes which one of those files provided does the job?

Thanks

P.S: Apologies if this is explained earlier but i didnt find anything

IenjoyBettyWhite
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by IenjoyBettyWhite »

Has anybody gotten the "Item Ability Editor" to work recently? Doesn't seem to change anything, if anyone can help id appreciate it!

Valkyrie6
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Valkyrie6 »

DrummerIX wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:57 am
I've added a few things since beginning the table. On that note, does anyone have any requests for this game they would like to see me work on while I'm at it?

Alright, so 3 years later and not really something I want added to the table. Rather, knowledge. How do I go about finding and modifying steal rates? I ask this because you have it in your table and I've searched so long for a tutorial for stealing on any game and have come up empty handed.

DrummerIX
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by DrummerIX »

Valkyrie6 wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:12 am
Alright, so 3 years later and not really something I want added to the table. Rather, knowledge. How do I go about finding and modifying steal rates? I ask this because you have it in your table and I've searched so long for a tutorial for stealing on any game and have come up empty handed.
I'm not sure there is any one thing you can do to get a steal option because games are coded so different most of the time. It's one of the more difficult options to perfect depending on the game. Usually you just research something that affects steal rates and then follow code until you find it. Unless of course there is unity or mono code you can research, then it makes it a bit easier to find. In general it is easier to figure out the structure of the code with something like unity or mono or .net code. You cannot do this in every game though. There are many cases where I'm unable to find anything for a game.

Sometimes I start with the functions that add items and it sometimes leads to steal code. Other times the steal code puts things into a temporary location until after battle and then the item drops in the after battle code.

Valkyrie6
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Valkyrie6 »

DrummerIX wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:05 pm
Valkyrie6 wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:12 am
I'm not sure there is any one thing you can do to get a steal option because games are coded so different most of the time. It's one of the more difficult options to perfect depending on the game. Usually you just research something that affects steal rates and then follow code until you find it. Unless of course there is unity or mono code you can research, then it makes it a bit easier to find. In general it is easier to figure out the structure of the code with something like unity or mono or .net code. You cannot do this in every game though. There are many cases where I'm unable to find anything for a game.

Sometimes I start with the functions that add items and it sometimes leads to steal code. Other times the steal code puts things into a temporary location until after battle and then the item drops in the after battle code.
Wow, that was such great input. Seriously awesome of you to reply to me with that much insight. Thank you so much and I'll definitely try to find them myself.

micake
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by micake »

Amazing job finding the address location for character names. Do you have a certain method to find it? Or know a tutorial video that could help me? I'd like to get better at using cheat engine.
I want to try and find the address for statuses (Give a character in slot 3 poison, etc). My hope is to combine them with a code injector that can read a twitch chat to let viewers mess with the game live.

DrummerIX
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by DrummerIX »

micake wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 9:43 pm
Amazing job finding the address location for character names. Do you have a certain method to find it? Or know a tutorial video that could help me? I'd like to get better at using cheat engine.
I want to try and find the address for statuses (Give a character in slot 3 poison, etc). My hope is to combine them with a code injector that can read a twitch chat to let viewers mess with the game live.
Not sure I can help you much. Every game stores strings and things a little differently, so no one way to go about searching except to search for strings in CE. In older games like this though, the status is probably a bitmask, so for example in the battle structure there would be an offset for status and if it is equal to 8000 for example, then that is poison. I just made these numbers up, I haven't researched status in this game.

micake
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by micake »

Thanks for the reply and the suggestion.
I'll give an update if I find anything!

TheGamer4000
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by TheGamer4000 »

Your traienr not working i have cheat engine 7.2.Keien rückmeldung

TheGamer4000
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by TheGamer4000 »

The table hot working

Error:[string "lua_aobscan("GetEventStateAOB","","48 83 C4 2..."]:1: attempt to call a nil value (global 'lua_aobscan')

TheGamer4000
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by TheGamer4000 »

Now I ahve this when i will magic stines.
Error:List index (1) out of bounds

how i fiox it.

micake
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by micake »

Digging through the game files I found the offsets for different statuses.
Stone [1], Poison2 [2], Virus [4], Silence [8] ...etc.
the address is easy to find if you cast Shell [4194304] or Protect [8388608] and do a search for those values.
I've had a real hard time finding an effective way to find the changing address location (AOB injection etc).

Dios95
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Dios95 »

Hi everyone, is there an option to reset the chocobo progress? because it seems I misclicked and now all treasures are found and I cant search for them anymore and I really don't want to start over, just wanted to make the beak stronk.

Frouk
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Frouk »

Can you sort the change log? Because its too long to scroll down and download