Final Fantasy VI

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
XRizerX
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Final Fantasy VI

Post by XRizerX »

Yeah, it's in the dumpster fire section but I never bothered checking to see if it worked on your table, I could test it once I get access to a new character and mess around with it, I'll let you know. But yeah the old inventory system with the separate numbers / slots with no names and only hex digits was a train wreck...

The way you compiled the information is normally the standard way those tables are made, so yeah, good stuff, thanks for taking the time and cleaning this up. It's funny because all the other FF tables I have are amazing but this one was just kind of pedestrian in quality...

Good thing you came along, it's weird too because I just started playing this again, I put it down because I hated the graphical changes but now that there's mods out for it, it's playable again but the old table was a mess.

EDIT: Yeah the "Learn All Spells" script still works, just tested it. I moved it up from the "dumpster fire" category and placed it under the "always sprint" script and just saved the table that way.

The only other thing that's super useful is the 99 of every monster unlocked in the bestiary, if you don't mind your save file looking illegitimate. It'd be nice if the value could be manipulated but it's not really a big deal. I moved that up as well. It's a good thing you kept some of the old scripts.

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1

OatyBee
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by OatyBee »

Okay, here is what will most likely be the final update for this table, since I seem to have reached the peak of my current abilities. The table itself is full of notes and information that should help anyone figure out how to use it (since I am garbage and don't know enough assembly)

Here is a list of working features included in this table.

Code: Select all

Always Sprint
Auto Complete Bestiary

Character Editor
--->All Main Characters' Stats, Equipment, and Battle Commands
--->All Side Character's Stats
--->Learn All Magic Spells

Inventory Editor
--->Add New Items
--->Manipulate any Existing Inventory Contents

Ability Editor
--->Magicite Held
--->Blitz Unlock All
--->Bushido Unlock All
--->Dance Unlock All
--->Lore Unlock All
--->Rage Unlock All
--->******Binary Representation of Abilities

In-Battle Related
--->After Battle AP Reward
--->After Battle EXP Reward
--->Terra's Trance Meter

Random Encounter Manipulation
Party's Gil
Save Anywhere Toggle
Step Counter
Force Airship Liftoff
Countdown Timer

Fps Constants
--->FPS Limit Constant
--->Airship FPS Limit Constant
FF6-oatybee.CT
Version 2 - Organized and Formatted Table, re-implemented working scripts
Made for build 909716 of Final Fantasy VI (Steam)
(494.97 KiB) Downloaded 490 times
I did also include all previous unstable/not-working scripts and other addresses and testing things I used in a section labeled "Dumpster Fire" at the bottom of the table. Use the things here at your own risk. If you have any questions regarding usage ask about it here and I can clarify for you.
XRizerX wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:06 pm
But yeah the old inventory system with the separate numbers / slots with no names and only hex digits was a train wreck...
Yes, it was outrageously cumbersome to use, especially for someone that is not familiar with hex and the fact the included list of ID's for use in the table was just a set of comment blocks expecting the user to translate each entry into decimal, then again into hex in their mind is a tall ask for most lol. It took a long time for me to translate and implement a better system. Even still I am fully aware that using a script to accomplish this is the better way to go but I am incapable of doing that at my current skill level. So you get what you get
XRizerX wrote:
The only other thing that's super useful is the 99 of every monster unlocked in the bestiary, if you don't mind your save file looking illegitimate. It'd be nice if the value could be manipulated but it's not really a big deal. I moved that up as well. It's a good thing you kept some of the old scripts.
I looked into it, and I also fully agree with you I wish that more cheat tables allowed users to more easily adjust things like that to custom amounts rather than just maxing them out. It definitely is possible, and I included that ability with a crude binary editor for all the ability editor items in the table already, but the bestiary is outrageously messed up. Makes very little sense to me how it is represented in memory. One would assume that the bestiary data would be represented in the same way as say the Rage Ability set for example. But its not.

The entire bestiary data is contained in the same block of addresses but each individual bestiary entry is assigned to a random position in the block of bytes. So it would be a complete nightmare to try and untangle the order in which each entry is assigned to the block. There has got to be a reason for this, or a way the code interprets the order properly, but I could not figure it out.

(what i mean is compared to rage, where the last byte in the block corresponds to the last ability listed in game - the last byte in the bestiary block corresponds to some random position in the in-game bestiary list)

The way around this problem, if you want your save file to appear legitimate is to edit the auto assemble script to write a smaller value to every entry, and as you play through the game you will create a more legitimate looking file.

Even if the block of data was in order and I knew enough assembly/lua to write a script to manipulate it, I imagine it would be incredibly complicated to allow full customization by the user. That reason alone is probably why nearly all scripts are always "unlock all" scripts.

With enough time, I could replay the game and identify which bytes correspond to which slots and would be able to implement a similar editor for the bestiary as the inventory editor. But this would take a very long time and I'm basically over it at this point.

Either way I think I am done with this long winded rambling over stuff nobody really cares about anyway. Hope anyone who uses this table gets some enjoyment out of it.

XRizerX
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by XRizerX »

OatyBee wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:26 pm
Okay, here is what will most likely be the final update for this table, since I seem to have reached the peak of my current abilities. The table itself is full of notes and information that should help anyone figure out how to use it (since I am garbage and don't know enough assembly)

Here is a list of working features included in this table.

Code: Select all

Always Sprint
Auto Complete Bestiary

Character Editor
--->All Main Characters' Stats, Equipment, and Battle Commands
--->All Side Character's Stats
--->Learn All Magic Spells

Inventory Editor
--->Add New Items
--->Manipulate any Existing Inventory Contents

Ability Editor
--->Magicite Held
--->Blitz Unlock All
--->Bushido Unlock All
--->Dance Unlock All
--->Lore Unlock All
--->Rage Unlock All
--->******Binary Representation of Abilities

In-Battle Related
--->After Battle AP Reward
--->After Battle EXP Reward
--->Terra's Trance Meter

Random Encounter Manipulation
Party's Gil
Save Anywhere Toggle
Step Counter
Force Airship Liftoff
Countdown Timer

Fps Constants
--->FPS Limit Constant
--->Airship FPS Limit Constant

FF6-oatybee.CT

I did also include all previous unstable/not-working scripts and other addresses and testing things I used in a section labeled "Dumpster Fire" at the bottom of the table. Use the things here at your own risk. If you have any questions regarding usage ask about it here and I can clarify for you.
XRizerX wrote:
But yeah the old inventory system with the separate numbers / slots with no names and only hex digits was a train wreck...
Yes, it was outrageously cumbersome to use, especially for someone that is not familiar with hex and the fact the included list of ID's for use in the table was just a set of comment blocks expecting the user to translate each entry into decimal, then again into hex in their mind is a tall ask for most lol. It took a long time for me to translate and implement a better system. Even still I am fully aware that using a script to accomplish this is the better way to go but I am incapable of doing that at my current skill level. So you get what you get
XRizerX wrote:
I looked into it, and I also fully agree with you I wish that more cheat tables allowed users to more easily adjust things like that to custom amounts rather than just maxing them out. It definitely is possible, and I included that ability with a crude binary editor for all the ability editor items in the table already, but the bestiary is outrageously messed up. Makes very little sense to me how it is represented in memory. One would assume that the bestiary data would be represented in the same way as say the Rage Ability set for example. But its not.

The entire bestiary data is contained in the same block of addresses but each individual bestiary entry is assigned to a random position in the block of bytes. So it would be a complete nightmare to try and untangle the order in which each entry is assigned to the block. There has got to be a reason for this, or a way the code interprets the order properly, but I could not figure it out.

(what i mean is compared to rage, where the last byte in the block corresponds to the last ability listed in game - the last byte in the bestiary block corresponds to some random position in the in-game bestiary list)

The way around this problem, if you want your save file to appear legitimate is to edit the auto assemble script to write a smaller value to every entry, and as you play through the game you will create a more legitimate looking file.

Even if the block of data was in order and I knew enough assembly/lua to write a script to manipulate it, I imagine it would be incredibly complicated to allow full customization by the user. That reason alone is probably why nearly all scripts are always "unlock all" scripts.

With enough time, I could replay the game and identify which bytes correspond to which slots and would be able to implement a similar editor for the bestiary as the inventory editor. But this would take a very long time and I'm basically over it at this point.

Either way I think I am done with this long winded rambling over stuff nobody really cares about anyway. Hope anyone who uses this table gets some enjoyment out of it.
Well I care LOL. I get how complicated this stuff is which is why I don't do it myself. LOL Thanks for the effort.

XRizerX
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by XRizerX »

Just a heads up, I don't know why but the EXP value isn't latching on to the right part of the code.

I've tried editing this value and it doesn't work right at all. It doesn't even display the proper number after you win a fight , so it's most likely a dead pointer.

OatyBee
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by OatyBee »

XRizerX wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:35 am
Just a heads up, I don't know why but the EXP value isn't latching on to the right part of the code.

I've tried editing this value and it doesn't work right at all. It doesn't even display the proper number after you win a fight , so it's most likely a dead pointer.
It was working for me when I made it just the other day. It definitely is a little wonky though. it does not work at all if you just change the value and dont lock it... Well, thats not entirely true, there is a small window where the end of battle occurs, and your characters start to dance, (before the battle report text comes up) if you edit it at that point and dont lock it then it will work correctly. But, If you do keep it locked at all times, then it will cause graphical issues with the after battle report text and will tell you that you also received the same number of AP and also learned abilities that certain characters cant learn.

But in all my testing it still worked and applied the exp to everyone. It seemed to not award the correct AP to everyone though, especially if you have both AP and EXP values locked simultaneously. I looked at the assembly and it seems that the particular EXP pointer I hooked is the "total battle reward" that is taken further down the line and split evenly among the party. I couldnt figure out how to follow it to a different pointer that would work better and like I said before I dont know enough assembly to overwrite the games default execution order.

If you end up not being able to figure it out at all, then you can still go in and use the character editor and edit their exp value directly to make their next level up only require 1 point, or you could give them a massive credit, and I do believe the game will auto level you up to the correct level and apply all of the bonuses that would come with doing it legit, but I didnt fully test doing it that way.

graumonk
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by graumonk »

The EXP after battle doesn't seem to work. I've tried entering it and locking it at different points (before battles, in battles, after the mobs were killed, etc) and can't get it do award anything other than the game would award. THAT SAID...

as you posted, you can set a character's EXP to a value higher (for example Locke was ~10 levels behind my other characters and I set his EXP to match theirs') and when you end a battle the character will be rewarded with all of the levels you expect to gain.

The AP script actually worked brilliantly, I would gain what I set it to.

I'm playing through all of the FF games and this may be one of my favorite CE tables I've come across on all of them. So thank you for that. Old me hates grinding, young me probably wouldn't have minded.

OatyBee
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by OatyBee »

graumonk wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:45 am
The EXP after battle doesn't seem to work. I've tried entering it and locking it at different points (before battles, in battles, after the mobs were killed, etc) and can't get it do award anything other than the game would award. THAT SAID...

as you posted, you can set a character's EXP to a value higher (for example Locke was ~10 levels behind my other characters and I set his EXP to match theirs') and when you end a battle the character will be rewarded with all of the levels you expect to gain.

The AP script actually worked brilliantly, I would gain what I set it to.

I'm playing through all of the FF games and this may be one of my favorite CE tables I've come across on all of them. So thank you for that. Old me hates grinding, young me probably wouldn't have minded.
Huh, well I dont know how I managed to screw that up in my testing. I definitely knew it wasnt perfect and caused issues but I thought the exp was still applied. I will try to go back and see what I can do to fix that. Thank you for the feedback I totally agree with you and sympathize with anyone that grew up with these games that dont have the time / want to invest many hours again in the massive grind some of these games expect you to go through lol.

theprismhero
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by theprismhero »

Hi all,

I am a COMPLETE n00b to this. I got the cheat engine thing up and running on my ff6 steam, and some of the "click only" cheats work (learn all spells, always sprint). But the only thing I am REALLY interested in is changing my character's command abilities with the character editor. I found the drop downs and got all the way to "Slot 1" "Slot 2" etc. But I am at a loss as to how to actually choose new commands. The codes even between characters are not the same. Is there a guide or a basics course I am missing on how to actually do this? I just want my Celes to have the magitek command...

OatyBee
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by OatyBee »

theprismhero wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:19 pm
Hi all,

I am a COMPLETE n00b to this. I got the cheat engine thing up and running on my ff6 steam, and some of the "click only" cheats work (learn all spells, always sprint). But the only thing I am REALLY interested in is changing my character's command abilities with the character editor. I found the drop downs and got all the way to "Slot 1" "Slot 2" etc. But I am at a loss as to how to actually choose new commands. The codes even between characters are not the same. Is there a guide or a basics course I am missing on how to actually do this? I just want my Celes to have the magitek command...
are you using my table located at towards the top of this page? Cause my table has drop down selections for all values related to character slots and inventory slots - The table located inside of the OP of this thread is extremely outdated and most functionality of it does not work anymore

theprismhero
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by theprismhero »

Hi, thanks again for your reply. I guess I don't see the drop downs within the cheat engine menu? Like...I has a "DO NOT EDIT THESE" section that I thought was the thing, but it doesn't have any drop down functionality at least when I am looking at it. Is there something special I need to do to get the drop downs to appear??? I am so sorry for being a n00b! I am using your table because I read this thread through and I downloaded the OP and yours and yours is MUCH superior.

theprismhero
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by theprismhero »

Like, I can put a red x next to CommandID but then nothing happens. It doesn't tell me what the IDs are, or where to input them.

OatyBee
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by OatyBee »

theprismhero wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 1:57 am
Like, I can put a red x next to CommandID but then nothing happens. It doesn't tell me what the IDs are, or where to input them.
All you should have to do is browse through the character editor -> main characters -> character you want -> battle commands and then slot 1, 2 3, 4 should be listed and the value column should display what ability is currently assigned to that slot. just double click on the value field for that slot and a dropdown selection box should appear and you can choose magitek from there. shouldnt need to lock it with the red X in the box or anything

The sections labeled do not edit these! in orange are where the drop down menu values (and their display names) are stored. Each place in the script that uses those lists have a memory record pointer that points to that drop down lists name, so if you were to change that it wouldnt know where the list went. you shouldnt ever have to edit anything in the orange sections of the script, but i cant hide them easily so thats why i just put them in their respective sections. you can actually see the values for everything if you right click on a record and say set/change dropdown options, then you can see how i did it

theprismhero
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by theprismhero »

Oh my god that's so easy and I feel so stupid! Thank you so much, for both your patience AND your effort! This is really cool.

OatyBee
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by OatyBee »

theprismhero wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 2:16 am
Oh my god that's so easy and I feel so stupid! Thank you so much, for both your patience AND your effort! This is really cool.
Dont worry about it no need to feel bad about it we all start somewhere. glad you are enjoying the table have fun!

eternien
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by eternien »

The "all lore" option don't give all of them T_T
And "Always sprint" don't work (i can't check the square)