Suikoden V NTSC for PCSX2 1.4.0

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Suikoden V NTSC for PCSX2 1.4.0

Post by DrummerIX »

I decided to play a retro RPG and Suikoden V seemed good to me. I thought I would try making some cheats also and found out it's difficult to do some things on emulated games that have the JIT compiler, but I figured out a way to have Infinite HP in battle (effectively God Mode).

I think I will add more things to this as I go along, but thought I would share the basic things I've done so far. It is for Suikoden V NTSC using PCSX2 1.4.0. I know there is another table but it's for old version of PCSX2.

Anyway, enjoy!

EDIT1:
I found one issue when testing it on multiple computers, it would calculate wrong offsets. It appears the offsets for most character data is static. I've fixed the issue and added in an Infinite Items option. I'm removing the first file I posted, since it can produce incorrect offsets.

EDIT2:
Made some formatting changes and added in some more options. Now I have Infinite HP (In-Battle), Infinite Rune Use (In-Battle) under Battle Scripts. Infinite Equipped Item, Infinite Rune Use (Out of Battle), Quick Level Gain (Set XP to 999) and Set SP to 5000 options under Character Scripts. I also have the Potch and Party SP pointers.

EDIT3:
Fixed a small issue with the Infinite Rune Use (In-Battle) causing some crashes outside battle. Added in a Set All Skills to SS Rank for All Party Members.

EDIT4:
I had wrong offset difference between characters for the character scripts, so it didn't effect every character. I fixed this and also added a Character Editor portion to the cheat table. You can modify a character's experience, sp, equipped helm, armor, gloves, and boots individually. I don't have every character listed, but only those listed on the other Suikoden V table. Thanks to SinStar for that table and the item id's, which I borrowed for this table. You do this by changing the Character portion of the cheat and the other pointers will update to affect that character. I'm removing previous edit's as they have the character offset issue.

EDIT5:
I have some codes Pyriel made for the Codebreaker I was using in the pnach files that I ported over to this cheat table. Because of the JIT compiler, they seem to work when you turn the ones you want on after loading a game. Turning them on or off after you've done the action in the game and the code is JIT compiled for PC, it might cause crashes. These codes are Train Once For SS Rank, Train Weapon Once For Max Rank and Blacksmiths Can Forge To Max Rank. These codes are in a new section called Misc Scripts. I also added in the option to modify Runes in the character editor portion of the table. The rune list was mostly copied from SinStar's post, but it required updates as some things were incorrect about it.

EDIT6:
Added couple of options to character scripts (Set All Chars PDF and MDF to Max). I also updated the character list in the character editor to account for all characters. I haven't tested every single one of them, but I think you can edit any character with the options available.

EDIT7:
I fleshed out the character editor portion of the cheat table. You can now modify character attributes and skill ranks of individual characters as well as the other options already there. I also added a couple misc scripts (Allies Take No Damage War Battles and Enemies Instant Death War Battles). I think this gives most options people might want to have. I don't think I'll do many more updates if any.

EDIT8:
I guess I lied a little bit. I decided that some options to modify the characters equipped skill would be useful for equipping Epic Skills early on if you so desire. I added in options to the character editor to modify the equipped skill (2 slots).

EDIT9:
One last thing I added to the table was an All Characters Have S Affinity Rank to the Character Scripts.

EDIT10:
My new style of Injection Point is working for everyone who said they were having problems. I have converted every script over to this style. Now there is one big section called Battle, Character, Misc Scripts that contain all the scripts. It should still have all the options I originally did, but should work better for most. I'm removing the old tables in favor of this new style table.

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1
Attachments
Suikoden 5 NTSC PCSX2 1_4_0.CT
EDIT10 file (Moved to new style, contains many options and character editor)
(61.54 KiB) Downloaded 1360 times
Last edited by DrummerIX on Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:28 pm, edited 6 times in total.

DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Re: Suikoden V NTSC for PCSX2 1.4.0

Post by DrummerIX »

Thanks to those that downloaded this table. My first few editions had some bugs, so I've updated the table to account for those. I think I have most everything working good for now. Let me know if it doesn't work for you.

DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Post by DrummerIX »

I updated the table one more time to flesh out options for the character editor portion. You can now modify character attributes and skill ranks of individual characters. Added an Allies Take No Damage War Battles and Enemies Instant Death War Battles option to misc scripts.

I think this should cover most things people might want for now. I don't think I'll do many more updates if any.

Enjoy!

ajip2
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by ajip2 »

When i activated the script pcsx2 always stopped working

sorry for my bad english

DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Post by DrummerIX »

Are you using the latest version of PCSX2? This table is designed for version 1.4.0.

Also you need to have Suikoden V NTSC for it to work. Also, when you activate Enable or some other script?

My steps to get it working are load PCSX2 and then choose the game (Suikoden V in this case). I then load up cheat engine and choose the PCSX2 process and load the cheat table.

DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Post by DrummerIX »

Since English is not your first language, you may be using the PAL version. I ported most options over to a PAL version. I just posted it.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3566

ajip2
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by ajip2 »

DrummerIX wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:43 pm
Are you using the latest version of PCSX2? This table is designed for version 1.4.0.

Also you need to have Suikoden V NTSC for it to work. Also, when you activate Enable or some other script?

My steps to get it working are load PCSX2 and then choose the game (Suikoden V in this case). I then load up cheat engine and choose the PCSX2 process and load the cheat table.
Yes, PCSX2 1.4.0
Suikoden V NTSC SLUS_212
When activate other script (battle script, etc)
Is there specific setting maybe for PCSX2 or cheatengine?

DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Post by DrummerIX »

Not sure about settings, but I tested it and it's working fine for me. I use mainly default settings I think. I am using latest version of Cheat Engine also (6.7). Maybe you have old version of Cheat Engine?

It's hard for me to help since I can't reproduce the issue.

I'm using the US 2.00 firmware for the PCSX2. Is yours different maybe?

DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Post by DrummerIX »

If it helps the MD5 hash of the Suikoden V ISO I'm using is A5E90AA127F076DAC07436D7AC2F105E.

ajip2
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by ajip2 »

Still don't work
But thanks for reply

DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Post by DrummerIX »

I'm sorry it's not working for you. Must be something perhaps with language or something.

Can anyone else comment that it's working/not working for them?

I got it to crash for me when I didn't load the game up in PCSX2 first. You do load the game by choosing to boot the game before you run cheat engine and enable the options, right?

Avalister
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Avalister »

I can confirm the table it doesn't work, crash in the moment that you enable scripts. Most probably is because different MD5 number...your version is UNDUB? Or can you tell me via PM where did you get the game?

DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Post by DrummerIX »

Thanks for the reply. I PM'd you. My version didn't say it was UNDUB, but I searched for an UNDUB version and procured it also.

It has MD5 has of D3419C57EB0FC16C366C087A381BD214.

I tested it with my cheat table and it was working fine for me. I can enable the scripts and they are working. I'm on Windows 10. Do you think operating system makes a difference? It's odd it doesn't work for some. This game is old, so it mostly uses static addresses, but they are different between PAL and NTSC versions. But any NTSC version I try works for me. Odd.

Well, the only other thing I can think of is I'm near the beginning of the game. Can anyone provide a savegame where it doesn't work for them and I can see if any address changes later in the game perhaps?

DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Post by DrummerIX »

I apologize in advance if this doesn't work for you. It seems making a table for emulated games is harder than I thought. So many pieces to the puzzle that have to be exactly right for it to work right and not everyone has same configuration. One person told me the character editor is working. I'm using CREATETHREAD function of Cheat Engine for the scripts because it was hard to inject code into the emulator. Maybe that's the issue.

DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Post by DrummerIX »

I decided to give this another try to fix the issues people are having with the crashing. I found an injection point that seems to work well for me instead of using the Create Thread style.

For those of you that have issues with my original tables crashing when activating scripts, try this version. I have a section titled Battle and Character Scripts that are using the injection point I found. I haven't changed the Misc Script section, so it would still crash for you, but try the Battle and Character Scripts option.

Let me know if this works better for you, please. If so, I will update the main post with this version and migrate the Misc Scripts to this style also.
Attachments
Suikoden 5 NTSC PCSX2 1_4_0_2.CT
Changed Style in attempt to fix crashes
(62.19 KiB) Downloaded 395 times