Final Fantasy IV +8 (table Update3)

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
SirCabby
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Re: Final Fantasy IV +8 (table Update3)

Post by SirCabby »

Hah, you rock Mad, thanks!

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1

SirCabby
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by SirCabby »

Ok another update. I really wanted to add tails etc but because we couldn't add new item entries (you can only modify existing items) this became kinda painful. I found an int that stores the current inventory size and the current key item inventory size. You can modify this to increase the size by one. Once you've changed this size if you open your inventory the game will crash.

Now I wasn't able to find a clean way to use Mad_Monkey's inventory inspection to update what the slot would be because of the way the game crashes. So we have 2 options that I can think of unless Mad finds a clever way around it. 1) You can use my old item setter table to set that item slot directly, or 2) open inventory screen first, then navigate to the last item in the list. You can then update the inventory size to be +1, and then right click the inventory item in cheat engine and click "Browse this memory region" to add the hex code for the item in directly.

I felt option 1 was better as of now, and added that to the table. Someone could probably clean this up considerably but hey, it works :D
Attachments
FF4.CT
(105.38 KiB) Downloaded 287 times

SirCabby
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by SirCabby »

I also did a little investigation on maps that didn't culminate into anything but might give others an idea.

I apparently missed a map completion in one of the non-returnable locations so I did some testing. When a map hits 100% there's 2 places in memory that go from 0's to 1's (per location). I believe one of them is for awarding the prize, and another one is to mark it completed, but I'm not certain. I also didn't trigger giving the items just by setting these to 1's, so it would seem a function needs to run to process it to determine if you should be rewarded. Assuming we could run this function to do the triggers by some other means, we might be able to find other map locations by reading the memory addresses near the ones I found and setting them all to 1's.

Raijinken
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Raijinken »

Would a cheat to force the RNG to give the best HP gains on LV Up be possible?

Mad_Monkey
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Mad_Monkey »

@SirCabby

About the inventory code, I'm working to update it. I'm in a beta-test fase :D
But I'm at the start of the game and IDK the max number of slots in inventory.

Theoretically it would be enough to insert a breakpoint in memory in the addresses you found and study the code to find how it is read and then compared. Surely there is a value that increases up to 100%.
In the game code there must be a function that reads the value that rises to 100%, performs a comparison and, if comparison is true, jumps to the part of the code responsible for activating the rewards for completion. What you have found are addresses that make the game understand that the map has been explored or not. They have no trigger function.

@Raijinken

Cheating on RNG is out of my capacity. I'm an autodidact. Just passion. patience and luck (many times) :D

SirCabby
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by SirCabby »

@Mad_Monkey if you were to do something cleaner that'd be amazing of course :D

AFAIK the game has no item cap like previous versions, so each time you add another item type to the list it grows by 1, and same with using the last of an item it decreases by 1. So there's an int that keeps track of the current total array size that must match the item pool count.

Mad_Monkey
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Mad_Monkey »

Ok guys, here the new table with the possibility to add new items.

It's a little bit tricky so i need to explane.

In this case I've 52 slot occupied ("Total Slots" value). I want to add one item in the 53th slot.

Set "Total Slots" value to 53.
Click on "Slot n." value and scroll to value 53. Now, "Item" and "Quantity" have value zero.
Click on "Item" value and scroll to the item I want to add and click "Ok".
Click on "Quantity" and set how much do I want without exceed 100.
Exit from Inventory, back in and at the 53th slot I find the brand new item.

WARNING: You have to go in order. You cannot add an Item in slot 54 or greater if the last occupied slot is 52 otherwise the game crash!

This is the only way (AFAIK) to add an item. The value on "Total Slots" memory is increased ONLY when you find/purchase a totally new item. If you add it manually, it doesn't increase. I'm sorry for the complexity.

All of this would not have been possible without SirCabby. Thanks for your tips!
P.S.
The Item cap is the number of total Items :D
But I think that the REAL cap is 384 items!

If you like, thumb up and upvote!
Attachments
FF4.CT
Ver. 5 - Steam Update Nov-05-2020
(100.52 KiB) Downloaded 673 times

SirCabby
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by SirCabby »

Nice Mad! Was fun partnering with you on these :D

Mad_Monkey
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Mad_Monkey »

SirCabby wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:00 am
Nice Mad! Was fun partnering with you on these :D
Hey, since you are more advanced in the game than me, can you give me some ideas on useful cheats?

nscovil88
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by nscovil88 »

It looks like the item editor is missing the end-game gear/weapons.

Mewsey85
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Mewsey85 »

Omg i didnt think this game would have been updated. Thanks!

Would there be any chance you two could do a table for Final Fantasy III 3D, FFV and FFVI (old version)?

arthuriapend
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by arthuriapend »

I cant enable it at all any ideas why?

Saltyr
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Saltyr »

arthuriapend wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:16 am
I cant enable it at all any ideas why?
Same with me. Says the script has an "(Error in line 46 (mov [ffffffffffffffff+ebx*4], eax)"

metroplex2k7
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by metroplex2k7 »

I tried every table on this thread and couldn't get any of them to work. I fired up the game. Double-clicked the table. Went into the processes and chose the .exe, the boxes show up down below, but I couldn't check any of them... ugh. I've already beaten the game twice... I just want to do it with every item in the game.

DJTsurugi
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by DJTsurugi »

so I fixed part of that last table by replacing the instances of FF4 with Final Fantasy IV and now it can find it but it can't find AOBkeyitem so it still wont resolve and let the item and character codes table open. ~<3