Dragon Quest III [Yuzu, Switch] + 20 Table

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Dragon Quest III [Yuzu, Switch] + 20 Table

Post by DrummerIX »

I have finished replaying the first 2 Dragon Quest games on Switch with Yuzu and now I think I'll move on to the third installment. This one really fleshes most of the series staples out. I know they are remaking this game in the HD-2D format like Octopath, but not sure when that is releasing.

Anyway, I have a starter table ready that has most basic options like my other tables for the first 2 games. This game has more systems, so I might add a few more options when I have time or need them in my play through. Let me know if you all have any issues.

Notes:
Yuzu JIT compiles code, so the best way to Activate is by pressing F1. I have some code that tries to activate what I need for the table every so often until it works. You need to view your status screen/main menu and get into one battle for things to work smooth.

Notes for Bag Item Gain Multiplier:
There is separate code for when you add an item to the Bag that is not already there and if it is there. When loading the game and the table from scratch, press F1 for the Activate Trainer to periodically check if Yuzu has compiled all the code I need for the options. In addition to viewing the main menu, in order for the Bag Gain Item Multiplier to work, you must add an item to the bag that is not already there and one that is already there. You can do so in any order and once you do one of them that part of the code will start working. Once you do both of them, the "Activate Trainer 4" option should enable automatically after a little bit.

EDIT 1:
I had a bug with EXP Multiplier, but I fixed it and also added an option for Non Battle Party Members to gain EXP. This makes for easy Jester leveling if you just leave them at Patty's. You will have to fight one battle for them to actually level up after they get so much EXP. I also added an option to make all females the Vamp personality as that appears to be the best personality for stat gains.

EDIT 1.5:
I added an option for Bag Item Gain Multiplier to help add a little extra items when needed. With this option on, any item you put in the bag gets multiplied by an amount you specify (default of 2). I don't check for any key items, but I don't believe having extra of those will cause any issues. I haven't tested if this option is able to be turned on from loading a game, so you may have to add something to your bag if it doesn't activate right away for Yuzu to compile the code needed.

EDIT 1.75:
I actually tested the Bag Item Gain Multiplier from loading up a game and there are some issues with my original upload of this option. You actually have to insert an item into the bag that you already have in the bag for the option to work. It appears there is different code when inserting an item that is not found in the bag already, so this multiplier doesn't work in that case. I have reworked the table to use the Activate Trainer options to periodically check if this code is found and it activates and starts working when it finds it. Again you have to insert an item into your bag that you already have some of in the bag for Yuzu to compile this particular code. It should work okay after that.

EDIT 2.0:
I have played up to the class change portion and added a few more options. One is EXP Loss Multiplier that defaults to 0 which means with the option on and you class change, you get to keep your hard earned EXP. You just need to fight one battle to gain most of the levels back to where you were. The other is the Bag Gained Item Multiplier I changed to work when adding items that are not in the bag. This means you can have Infinite Word of Wisdom items (the ones needed to change into Sage) if you just add them to the bag before using them.

Options so far:

[*]Activate Trainer
[*]Save Current Trainer Values
[*]Load Current Trainer Values
[*]Change Slot Config Description
[*]Set Default Hero Damage Modifier Options
[*]God Mode
[*]Hero Damage Multiplier
[*]Hero Healing Multiplier
[*]Hero Party Cannot Die
[*]Infinite MP
[*]Enable EXP Options (Multiplier, Non Party Gain EXP)
[*]EXP Multiplier
[*]EXP Loss Multiplier (Class Change)
[*]Non Battle Party Members Gain EXP
[*]Enable Gold Multiplier
[*]Gold Multiplier
[*]Make All Females Vamp Personality
[*]Enable Bag Item Gain Multiplier
[*]Bag Item Gain Multiplier
[*]Gold

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1
Attachments
Dragon Quest III (Yuzu).CT
EDIT 2.0 file (EXP Loss Multiplier)
(55.53 KiB) Downloaded 403 times
EDIT 1.75 file (Fix EXP Multiplier, Fix Bag Item Multiplier)
(53.57 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
Initial file
(46.89 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
Last edited by DrummerIX on Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:21 am, edited 6 times in total.

7hornadus
Cheater
Cheater

Re: Dragon Quest III [Yuzu, Switch] + 15 Table

Post by 7hornadus »

Thanks!

DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Post by DrummerIX »

EDIT 1:
I had a bug with EXP Multiplier, but I fixed it and also added an option for Non Battle Party Members to gain EXP. This makes for easy Jester leveling if you just leave them at Patty's. You will have to fight one battle for them to actually level up after they get so much EXP. I also added an option to make all females the Vamp personality as that appears to be the best personality for stat gains.

DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Post by DrummerIX »

EDIT 1.5:
I added an option for Bag Item Gain Multiplier to help add a little extra items when needed. With this option on, any item you put in the bag gets multiplied by an amount you specify (default of 2). I don't check for any key items, but I don't believe having extra of those will cause any issues. I haven't tested if this option is able to be turned on from loading a game, so you may have to add something to your bag if it doesn't activate right away for Yuzu to compile the code needed.

DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Post by DrummerIX »

EDIT 1.75:
I actually tested the Bag Item Gain Multiplier from loading up a game and there are some issues with my original upload of this option. You actually have to insert an item into the bag that you already have in the bag for the option to work. It appears there is different code when inserting an item that is not found in the bag already, so this multiplier doesn't work in that case. I have reworked the table to use the Activate Trainer options to periodically check if this code is found and it activates and starts working when it finds it. Again you have to insert an item into your bag that you already have some of in the bag for Yuzu to compile this particular code. It should work okay after that.

DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Re: Dragon Quest III [Yuzu, Switch] + 20 Table

Post by DrummerIX »

EDIT 2.0:
I have played up to the class change portion and added a few more options. One is EXP Loss Multiplier that defaults to 0 which means with the option on and you class change, you get to keep your hard earned EXP. You just need to fight one battle to gain most of the levels back to where you were. The other is the Bag Gained Item Multiplier I changed to work when adding items that are not in the bag. This means you can have Infinite Word of Wisdom items (the ones needed to change into Sage) if you just add them to the bag before using them.

Heriyo
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Heriyo »

yo, the table gives me some error of lua and most options dont work, why? i cannot even mark them

dethboy
Cheater
Cheater

Post by dethboy »

Any chance this can be fixed? Doesn't seem to do anything with Yuzu 1501. Thanks very much.

threenator
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by threenator »

unfortunately it's not usable, all the versions give a lua script error

DrummerIX
ViP
ViP

Post by DrummerIX »

I would have to look at this game again and I'm not sure I have the time at the moment.

Making things for emulators is tricky because they can update the emulator and then things break because of their changes. This table at least worked for me when I first made it. I will see if I can update this when I have time.

dethboy
Cheater
Cheater

Post by dethboy »

Thank you very much!

omninodachi
Cheater
Cheater

Post by omninodachi »

Here is mine, but you need to smart edit the addresses each time. I can never get them to stick.
Attachments
dq3 yuzu.CT
(224.35 KiB) Downloaded 72 times