Tactics Ogre: Reborn [+119] Compatible with 1.05

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
cryosaur
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Re: Tactics Ogre: Reborn [+119] Updated for Ver.1.04

Post by cryosaur »

Yes, I messed up in my earlier directions. I do think the unit data gets loaded in the same spot, but the game's base address gets changed. To get around this, you need to use an address formatted like so: Tactics Ogre Reborn.exe+OFFSET

To calculate this offset value for Denam's portrait, use the "Current Stats" to find the current address of his unit portrait, right-click and select Browse this Memory Region. In the window that pops up, the hex value for the portrait should be all the way in the top left of the bottom portion of the window, and its address should be next to it on the left. Find a calculator that can handle hex numbers--Win10 calculator on the Programmer mode, for instance. Enter the portrait value's address into the calculator. Subtract, and enter the number in the bar above where it says AllocationBase.

For Denam who is always this first unit, this should (always?) be EE793C, which is plugged into the address like so: Tactics Ogre Reborn.exe+EE793C or "Tactics Ogre Reborn.exe"+EE793C Replace your current Denam Portrait = 119 cheat's address with this new "address". The offset to Vyce's portrait depends on which unit he is in the in-memory union list of units, which often has no relation to in-game union unit ordering; recruited units always go into the first available in-memory spot that has no existing unit, which could be pretty much any # (except 1) depending on your own recruiting and units dying/being dismissed. He's always #2 in the first chapter, but you want to set his portrait after he rejoins, so you'll have to do your own calculation with your saved game.

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1

Blandation
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Blandation »

This is great, your method worked for me and now the addresses works each time. You're great at this! The only thing I have to adjust each time is the value, but that's hardly any trouble at all.

Much appreciated as always.

Blandation
Noobzor
Noobzor

Re: Tactics Ogre: Reborn [+119] Compatible with 1.05

Post by Blandation »

Naturally, the most recent update messed everything up....and according to the notes it really only updated descriptions. But it also screwed up some of the Dark Knight weapons unintentionally in the process, so we'll probably see another update soon.

Blandation
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Blandation »

cryosaur wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:22 am
Yes, I messed up in my earlier directions. I do think the unit data gets loaded in the same spot, but the game's base address gets changed. To get around this, you need to use an address formatted like so: Tactics Ogre Reborn.exe+OFFSET

To calculate this offset value for Denam's portrait, use the "Current Stats" to find the current address of his unit portrait, right-click and select Browse this Memory Region. In the window that pops up, the hex value for the portrait should be all the way in the top left of the bottom portion of the window, and its address should be next to it on the left. Find a calculator that can handle hex numbers--Win10 calculator on the Programmer mode, for instance. Enter the portrait value's address into the calculator. Subtract, and enter the number in the bar above where it says AllocationBase.

For Denam who is always this first unit, this should (always?) be EE793C, which is plugged into the address like so: Tactics Ogre Reborn.exe+EE793C or "Tactics Ogre Reborn.exe"+EE793C Replace your current Denam Portrait = 119 cheat's address with this new "address". The offset to Vyce's portrait depends on which unit he is in the in-memory union list of units, which often has no relation to in-game union unit ordering; recruited units always go into the first available in-memory spot that has no existing unit, which could be pretty much any # (except 1) depending on your own recruiting and units dying/being dismissed. He's always #2 in the first chapter, but you want to set his portrait after he rejoins, so you'll have to do your own calculation with your saved game.
Hey cryosaur, out of curiosity how did you discover where the start of class sprites are regarding changing Denam's Ch4 sprite? I'm not sure where to start looking to change it again since the latest update.

The method in the quoted message works fine for other characters and portraits, just had to re-do it since the address was different.

cryosaur
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by cryosaur »

Yeah, let me find it again for v1.06 and explain how.

I did a lot of hacking around with the PSP Let Us Cling Together version of Tactics Ogre, and Reborn is largely a port of that game. The data I was interested in--records of classes, equipment, skills, etc.--are stored in contiguous blocks of the same record type, similar to a compressed Excel sheet. In fact, the designers may have used Excel to generate the game data, as each block of records has a header that begins with "xlce" as its "magic number" file signature. Doing a string search in Cheat Engine for xlce will easily show all these data tables, and you can do a search on the address of the start of each table header to find where there is a pointer to it that is always at the same address.

But which one is the classes, which the equipment, etc.? That's a lot more difficult to determine without some effort, so I'll just give you a way to find the answer. Unless a Reborn patch has a breaking change, the header for the Classes table will always be this byte array: 78 6C 63 65 00 01 00 00 10 00 00 00 D0 00 00 00 . That is the hex equivalent of TO header meaning "xlce, count of 256 records, padded to 16 byte boundary, record size is 208 bytes"; the important numbers are the first and third--all the tables are padded to the nearest 0x10, and the size and count of each record type is very unlikely to change. Scan for that Array of bytes in Cheat Engine to get 1 result. Right-click and Copy address. New Scan, value type = 8 bytes, hex, Paste in the address you copied, and scan. You should again get 1 result: "Tactics Ogre Reborn.exe"+D67318 on game v1.06. As this is the address of the old v1.04 pointer + 5C20, if you have any other similar addresses in your CT (pointers to a data table), you may be able to get the correct new address by using highlight cheat entry(ies), right-click, Recalculate new addresses with hex 5C20.

Blandation
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Blandation »

Got it. This'll help me find it each time the game updates. Thanks!

Bastian_1991
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Bastian_1991 »

Hello there!

First of all congratulations and thank you for this mod. It is amazing.
I am only using it to make cosmetic changes or give some of my story units access to some of the special classes, like giving Oelias the priest class for instance.
I was wondering if you could help me.
I have seen numerous problems when you give a unit a certain sprite, and then you enter battle against that unit while one of yours has their portrait. Basically your own unit takes over dialogues, etc. and if the enemy unit dies, the match is not ending as intended, unless you kill your own unit with said sprite (it does not change anything or add any incaps to your count). I posted it on discord too. The only way to make this safe is to not use your modified sprite unit in the story battles in which said character appears. So that's ok, just one different unit to be deployed is not the end of the world.
However, one thing I had a problem with was giving Leonar's sprite to one of my units and then replaying act 1. At the point where Leonar joins you as a guest, my unit with his sprite became a guest permanently and I cannot by any means modify that. I have even tried playing past the point where Leonar leaves you again, but nothing seems to be working. My previous save was long before as I did not see that coming so going back was not a viable option either.
The last couple of things I wanted to ask is whether it would be possible to make the portraits not be locked to sprites, as every time you reload the game your unit loses the portrait you're trying to give them and go to the default portrait that corresponds with the sprite they are currently wearing.
And also if it would be possible to extend the list of sprites to each individual colour palette possible for each sprite too, as the colour palette modification does not appear in the CURRENT CHARACTER view, and changing it in the other one changes that colour palette only for the session and it does it for all units wearing that sprite.
If you're on discord I would be more than happy to discuss these with you or share screen so you will understand what I am talking about.
And if you're no longer working on this project. Are any other modders willing to take this challenge? I'd mod it myself but I have literally 0 knowledge or skills to work on this. Already tried on another game and it was a disaster.
Thank you for your time.

WaferOreo
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by WaferOreo »

Has anyone managed to create a generic character that is multi-class and can use abilities from other classes without having to use Bodysnatch and without needing to use a script every time you start the game? Bodysnatch was a pretty good solution but the problem is that you can only acquire the abilities of 2 jobs, if I wanted to add abilities from a third class it would erase the abilities of one of my previous classes and obviously the game refuses to keep the abilities once you switch class, it seems that the programmer of this game is evil and wanted to make us suffer xD

edit: I correct if you can create a generic with several jobs at the same time through the Bodysnatch but the process is a bit annoying and it is not necessary to win the battle simply changing the body in maneuvers and retreating gets the desired effect

cryosaur
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by cryosaur »

Bastian_1991 wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 1:10 pm
I have seen numerous problems when you give a unit a certain sprite, and then you enter battle against that unit while one of yours has their portrait. Basically your own unit takes over dialogues, etc. and if the enemy unit dies, the match is not ending as intended, unless you kill your own unit with said sprite (it does not change anything or add any incaps to your count). I posted it on discord too. The only way to make this safe is to not use your modified sprite unit in the story battles in which said character appears. So that's ok, just one different unit to be deployed is not the end of the world.
However, one thing I had a problem with was giving Leonar's sprite to one of my units and then replaying act 1. At the point where Leonar joins you as a guest, my unit with his sprite became a guest permanently and I cannot by any means modify that. I have even tried playing past the point where Leonar leaves you again, but nothing seems to be working. My previous save was long before as I did not see that coming so going back was not a viable option either.
The authors of this table did a less than excellent job at naming the various data objects and properties, which leads to misunderstandings when tampering.

Unit records (for instance, the individuals in your Order/party) do not have a direct reference to the Sprite (animated image) they use. A Unit does, however, have a reference to another data object that might be called a Template--the Unit can override some of the Template fields, and multiple Units can have the same Template--which does have fields that contain the Sprite, Palette, default Portrait, allowed Classes, etc.

The problems you have run into, is you tricking the game into a state that the developers did not anticipate. For instance, in the unmodified game, there is only 1 unit with the Leonar template in your Order, so I assume the game just looks for Unit(s) with that particular Template and modifies the Unit record(s) to become a guest.

Instead of your custom not-Leonar Unit using Leonar's Template, you should make a modified copy of Leonar's Template into one of the 75+ blank spots on the Template list, and assign your not-Leonar Unit to use that Template. This approach will probably work around the problems. I have not done this with Leonar specifically, but I have played through some of the game with a Unit using a "custom" Template with no issues. This approach may also get around same-Sprite-as-Target "bug"; try that Sprite+Portrait on another Template.
Bastian_1991 wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 1:10 pm
The last couple of things I wanted to ask is whether it would be possible to make the portraits not be locked to sprites, as every time you reload the game your unit loses the portrait you're trying to give them and go to the default portrait that corresponds with the sprite they are currently wearing.
And also if it would be possible to extend the list of sprites to each individual colour palette possible for each sprite too, as the colour palette modification does not appear in the CURRENT CHARACTER view, and changing it in the other one changes that colour palette only for the session and it does it for all units wearing that sprite.
Portraits are already not locked to Sprites. When you load a saved game (and enter/exit the Warren Report, IIRC, and probably some other junctures too, like exit a battle), the game recalculates what Portrait each Unit in your Order is "supposed to have" and writes that to the Unit record. This is necessary, as Units' Portrait can change for various reasons. The game does not magically know you are tampering with it and adjust itself to allow for that; your CT must be set up to enforce your wishes upon the game.

The Palette is kinda in two places: each Union (including yours) has a primary and alternate Palette which each Unit with that allegiance obtains as a default, and each Template can override that default with a specific Palette particular to the Unit(s) using that Template.

When you use the CT to modify a Unit Template, Class, Skill, or another record type that is not part of the in-memory data that goes into a saved game, of course your changes will not be preserved the next time you load up the game. You have to also modify your CT so your customizations can be easily applied when you start the game.

Here is a copy of part of the Mods section of my CT. It includes some Template Palette and Portrait changes that mimic a few of the One Vision unit changes, and my one custom Template that has a rogue portrait, teleport step, and probably other things that I forget now, and also a minor Skill mod to allow RuneFencers to learn the First Aid skill. Every individual 'cheat' in this section has the same Ctrl+Space hotkey so I can easily turn them all on when I am reasonably sure the game has loaded everything into memory (the intro logos are done and I can see the main menu).
CT Mods

Code: Select all

<CheatEntry>
      <Description>"Mods"</Description>
      <Options moHideChildren="1"/>
      <Color>800080</Color>
      <GroupHeader>1</GroupHeader>
      <CheatEntries>
        <CheatEntry>
          <Description>"Unit Templates"</Description>
          <Color>800080</Color>
          <VariableType>String</VariableType>
          <Length>4</Length>
          <ZeroTerminate>0</ZeroTerminate>
          <Address>Tactics Ogre Reborn.exe+D67320</Address>
          <Offsets>
            <Offset>0</Offset>
          </Offsets>
          <CheatEntries>
            <CheatEntry>
              <Description>"Custom"</Description>
              <ShowAsHex>1</ShowAsHex>
              <Color>800080</Color>
              <VariableType>Array of byte</VariableType>
              <ByteLength>84</ByteLength>
              <Address>+10+54*24</Address>
              <Hotkeys>
                <Hotkey>
                  <Action>Set Value</Action>
                  <Keys>
                    <Key>17</Key>
                    <Key>32</Key>
                  </Keys>
                  <Value>00 00 01 00 41 00 00 00 00 01 01 01 01 01 00 01 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 3E 01 4E 00 02 02 21 01 21 01 23 01 22 01 21 01 23 01 21 01 22 01 28 00 04 00 89 01 84 01 00 00 10 01 69 00 00 02 00 01 F7 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 22 01 00</Value>
                  <Description>Custom Template</Description>
                </Hotkey>
              </Hotkeys>
            </CheatEntry>
            <CheatEntry>
              <Description>"Vyce Bozeck"</Description>
              <Color>800080</Color>
              <VariableType>Byte</VariableType>
              <Address>+10+54*2</Address>
              <CheatEntries>
                <CheatEntry>
                  <Description>"Color Palette: 5"</Description>
                  <DropDownListLink>List.ColorPalette</DropDownListLink>
                  <Color>800080</Color>
                  <Address>+3D</Address>
                  <Hotkeys>
                    <Hotkey>
                      <Keys>
                        <Key>17</Key>
                        <Key>32</Key>
                      </Keys>
                      <Value>5</Value>
                    </Hotkey>
                  </Hotkeys>
                </CheatEntry>
              </CheatEntries>
            </CheatEntry>
            <CheatEntry>
              <Description>"Gildas W. Byrne"</Description>
              <Color>800080</Color>
              <Address>+10+54*8</Address>
              <CheatEntries>
                <CheatEntry>
                  <Description>"Color Palette: 14"</Description>
                  <Color>800080</Color>
                  <Address>+3D</Address>
                  <Hotkeys>
                    <Hotkey>
                      <Keys>
                        <Key>17</Key>
                        <Key>32</Key>
                      </Keys>
                      <Value>14</Value>
                    </Hotkey>
                  </Hotkeys>
                </CheatEntry>
              </CheatEntries>
            </CheatEntry>
            <CheatEntry>
              <Description>"Donnalto Presance"</Description>
              <Color>800080</Color>
              <Address>+10+54*10</Address>
              <CheatEntries>
                <CheatEntry>
                  <Color>800080</Color>
                  <Address>+3D</Address>
                  <Hotkeys>
                    <Hotkey>
                      <Keys>
                        <Key>17</Key>
                        <Key>32</Key>
                      </Keys>
                      <Value>14</Value>
                    </Hotkey>
                  </Hotkeys>
                </CheatEntry>
              </CheatEntries>
            </CheatEntry>
            <CheatEntry>
              <Description>"Sara Ostvald"</Description>
              <Color>800080</Color>
              <Address>+10+54*85</Address>
              <CheatEntries>
                <CheatEntry>
                  <Description>"Sprite: 112"</Description>
                  <DropDownListLink>List.Sprites</DropDownListLink>
                  <Color>800080</Color>
                  <Address>+3A</Address>
                  <Hotkeys>
                    <Hotkey>
                      <Keys>
                        <Key>17</Key>
                        <Key>32</Key>
                      </Keys>
                      <Value>112</Value>
                    </Hotkey>
                  </Hotkeys>
                </CheatEntry>
                <CheatEntry>
                  <Description>"Color Palette: 11"</Description>
                  <Color>800080</Color>
                  <Address>+3D</Address>
                  <Hotkeys>
                    <Hotkey>
                      <Keys>
                        <Key>17</Key>
                        <Key>32</Key>
                      </Keys>
                      <Value>11</Value>
                    </Hotkey>
                  </Hotkeys>
                </CheatEntry>
                <CheatEntry>
                  <Description>"Portrait: 569"</Description>
                  <DropDownListLink>List.Portraits</DropDownListLink>
                  <Color>800080</Color>
                  <VariableType>2 Bytes</VariableType>
                  <Address>+40</Address>
                  <Hotkeys>
                    <Hotkey>
                      <Keys>
                        <Key>17</Key>
                        <Key>32</Key>
                      </Keys>
                      <Value>569</Value>
                    </Hotkey>
                  </Hotkeys>
                </CheatEntry>
              </CheatEntries>
            </CheatEntry>
            <CheatEntry>
              <Description>"Voltare Montrose"</Description>
              <Color>800080</Color>
              <Address>+10+54*86</Address>
              <CheatEntries>
                <CheatEntry>
                  <Description>"Sprite: 69"</Description>
                  <DropDownListLink>List.Sprites</DropDownListLink>
                  <Color>800080</Color>
                  <Address>+3A</Address>
                  <Hotkeys>
                    <Hotkey>
                      <Keys>
                        <Key>17</Key>
                        <Key>32</Key>
                      </Keys>
                      <Value>69</Value>
                    </Hotkey>
                  </Hotkeys>
                </CheatEntry>
                <CheatEntry>
                  <Color>800080</Color>
                  <Address>+3D</Address>
                  <Hotkeys>
                    <Hotkey>
                      <Keys>
                        <Key>17</Key>
                        <Key>32</Key>
                      </Keys>
                      <Value>14</Value>
                    </Hotkey>
                  </Hotkeys>
                </CheatEntry>
                <CheatEntry>
                  <Description>"Portrait: 338"</Description>
                  <DropDownListLink>List.Portraits</DropDownListLink>
                  <Color>800080</Color>
                  <VariableType>2 Bytes</VariableType>
                  <Address>+40</Address>
                  <Hotkeys>
                    <Hotkey>
                      <Keys>
                        <Key>17</Key>
                        <Key>32</Key>
                      </Keys>
                      <Value>338</Value>
                    </Hotkey>
                  </Hotkeys>
                </CheatEntry>
              </CheatEntries>
            </CheatEntry>
          </CheatEntries>
        </CheatEntry>
        <CheatEntry>
          <Description>"Skills"</Description>
          <Color>800080</Color>
          <VariableType>String</VariableType>
          <Length>4</Length>
          <ZeroTerminate>0</ZeroTerminate>
          <Address>Tactics Ogre Reborn.exe+D672D8</Address>
          <Offsets>
            <Offset>0</Offset>
          </Offsets>
          <CheatEntries>
            <CheatEntry>
              <Description>"First Aid I"</Description>
              <Color>800080</Color>
              <Address>+10+66*1BF</Address>
              <CheatEntries>
                <CheatEntry>
                  <Description>"Class Set - RuneFencer: 10"</Description>
                  <Color>800080</Color>
                  <Address>+15</Address>
                  <Hotkeys>
                    <Hotkey>
                      <Keys>
                        <Key>17</Key>
                        <Key>32</Key>
                      </Keys>
                      <Value>10</Value>
                    </Hotkey>
                  </Hotkeys>
                </CheatEntry>
              </CheatEntries>
            </CheatEntry>
            <CheatEntry>
              <Description>"First Aid II"</Description>
              <Color>800080</Color>
              <Address>+10+66*1C0</Address>
              <CheatEntries>
                <CheatEntry>
                  <Description>"Class Set - RuneFencer: 22"</Description>
                  <Color>800080</Color>
                  <Address>+15</Address>
                  <Hotkeys>
                    <Hotkey>
                      <Keys>
                        <Key>17</Key>
                        <Key>32</Key>
                      </Keys>
                      <Value>22</Value>
                    </Hotkey>
                  </Hotkeys>
                </CheatEntry>
              </CheatEntries>
            </CheatEntry>
            <CheatEntry>
              <Description>"First Aid III"</Description>
              <Color>800080</Color>
              <Address>+10+66*1C1</Address>
              <CheatEntries>
                <CheatEntry>
                  <Description>"Class Set - RuneFencer: 34"</Description>
                  <Color>800080</Color>
                  <Address>+15</Address>
                  <Hotkeys>
                    <Hotkey>
                      <Keys>
                        <Key>17</Key>
                        <Key>32</Key>
                      </Keys>
                      <Value>34</Value>
                    </Hotkey>
                  </Hotkeys>
                </CheatEntry>
              </CheatEntries>
            </CheatEntry>
            <CheatEntry>
              <Description>"First Aid IV"</Description>
              <Color>800080</Color>
              <Address>+10+66*1C2</Address>
              <CheatEntries>
                <CheatEntry>
                  <Description>"Class Set - RuneFencer: 50"</Description>
                  <Color>800080</Color>
                  <Address>+15</Address>
                  <Hotkeys>
                    <Hotkey>
                      <Keys>
                        <Key>17</Key>
                        <Key>32</Key>
                      </Keys>
                      <Value>50</Value>
                    </Hotkey>
                  </Hotkeys>
                </CheatEntry>
              </CheatEntries>
            </CheatEntry>
          </CheatEntries>
        </CheatEntry>
      </CheatEntries>
    </CheatEntry>
If you need any more help other than what this and my previous comments provide, don't hesitate to ask. I'm not checking this forum very often though, as I'm not bothering to play much of this game while the devs are sitting on their thumbs, refusing to fix the equipment and elemental bugs.

BubbaJubbs
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by BubbaJubbs »

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I can't seem to modify my chaos values with the table. I'm just seeing "??" for each value.

reezewind
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by reezewind »

hi guys, i'm new to this CE things. still learns some things.
can i have the complete address for the items? especially brynhildr, ambicion n crest of sun? i tried to trace from item list and available addresses above but it doesn't refer to the correct item.

edit: got it from another post. tq

Klipspringer
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Klipspringer »

As of the current patch, the "Recruit 100%" script is not working on my end.
Even with the game and CE opened fresh without anything else selected, the script's checkbox does not fill when clicked.

limoonfeat
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by limoonfeat »

Can you update it for 1.07?

Shadow_Wulfe
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Shadow_Wulfe »

Seconded. Wish they would stop updating the game.

Edit: To give hope to others, majority of the options still work. Some options may not work, but important grind eliminating things such as item drops, enemy moves, stat buffs, do work.

Caplin
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Caplin »

Hi All,

This is a bit of a weird question, but I'd apreciate your thoughts. I'm a totally blind gamer who has just gotten into Tactics Ogre, and am wondering if Cheat Engine might be able to help with improving its accessibility. I'm not really interested in cheating, per se, but want to use CE to help make certain parts of the game easier to understand.

I struggle with reading character stats, because my OCR system fails to scan numbers reliably. I thought I might be able to use CE's character status support to help me read them without having to screen scrape.

I obtained the latest version of the cheat table, which doesn't appear to have been updated for 1.0.7. I'm trying to figure out how to get started looking at the game values, but a lot of the data entries appear to read as ?, which suggests that something is not getting initialized as expected.

I'd appreciate some help figuring out where to begin. Just for a start, I opened up the data group, and there seems to be a script which is supposed to run when the Warren report is opened and closed. It does not appear to do so, as all the data entries for money, clan name, etc. appear empty.

I would appreciate any info on how to start poking at this.

Thanks much in advance :)