Tactics Ogre: Reborn [+119] Compatible with 1.05

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
Lord Blade
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Tactics Ogre: Reborn [+118] Add Mobility script and other 8

Post by Lord Blade »

So the 1.0.4.0 patch just came out.
So likely the table needs updating (I've not had a chance to play yet today).

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1

Mahare
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Mahare »

Lord Blade wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:08 pm
So the 1.0.4.0 patch just came out.
So likely the table needs updating (I've not had a chance to play yet today).
No need to update - seems to be working just fine still.

Lord Blade
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Lord Blade »

Mahare wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:07 pm
No need to update - seems to be working just fine still.
Good to know.
I remember the 1.0.3 patch broke a lot of stuff and made the game crash when using the table.

rayon92
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by rayon92 »

Sorry but I had to ask.
It seems that I could not find if anyone ever mentioned the inventory sorting problem, can someone teach me how to fix it?
Inventory Items that are added via ce table, the sorting does not work no matter how I tried to sort it (Default, Attack Ascending / Descending, etc.)
It somehow stuck in a mix and even default sorting doesn't work.

cryosaur
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by cryosaur »

The game must have two lists: item amount, and item order. Because Reborn had sub-par QA, it does not automatically apply your current sort preference to new items like the PSP version. The CE table does not know of this item order list, so it does not also add your new items there. When you manually sort your inventory, the game does sort the item ids in this other item order list, but because the items added by CE are not in that list, they can't be sorted.

rayon92
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by rayon92 »

cryosaur wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:43 pm
The game must have two lists: item amount, and item order. Because Reborn had sub-par QA, it does not automatically apply your current sort preference to new items like the PSP version. The CE table does not know of this item order list, so it does not also add your new items there. When you manually sort your inventory, the game does sort the item ids in this other item order list, but because the items added by CE are not in that list, they can't be sorted.
So the item listed in the CE table are not the item's actual ID in the game?
Even so, sort order by quantity doesn't work too, not even if you already had the item, relaunch the game without CE.
It's like if you use CE and save the game with CE on, some part of the CE scripts are also saved into your save files.

When I turn on the [Max Item already owned],
> Recipe Melee Weapons 1 & On Medicine 1 are always in max (999), even though recipes only need 1.
> Grimoire Exorcisme will be 0 even if you buy some and tried to equip to your party, it will never exist in your inventory.
> Divine spell [Ease 2] are not affected by the cheat in any way, you have to buy or earn it as much as you could.

There's also this [Max charm already owned] that when turn on, it only shows [STR, DEX, AVD, MND, LUK, HP max, EARTH, WATER, ICE, DARK, EXP 2, EXP 4, LV. UP] available, and the rest are lost, even if gained the ones not mentioned before using the cheat, or having the cheat activated and earn one after battle, it's still lost. So for charms just use the [Have All Charms Max] instead, but there's a UI glitch, where the [LV up charm] is outside of the bottom part of the UI space, and can only be selected when you use keyboard / gamepad buttons instead of mouse, and it will kinda disrupt the selection too, like everything is not in it's place and you have to move around with the direction button to get them in place.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining.
The fact is I'm just very curious of how it works. When I open up some of the script from the CE table to take a look, and I couldn't understand anything about it.

Blandation
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Blandation »

I'm an oldhead when it comes to this stuff and I could use a little help if anyone is willing....

I only want to do three things:

1. Change Denam's appearance and portrait to his Ch1-3 version.
2. Change Vyce's portrait to his Ch1 version
3. Make enemies drop their rare stuff 100% of the time.

I'm super confused with this interface. There are two main ways to edit characters it seems:

The first is current stats/highlight, which will change on the fly as I move to another character. I've changed Vyce back to his Ch1 portrait this way, but you can't leave the code active otherwise -EVERYONE- will change. If you turn the code off, his portrait will revert.

The second is Character stats/highlight. You can read what character you are currently highlighted on, but I'm not sure what the difference between appearance 1 and 2 are. Additionally, you can't seem to edit Denam's appearance at all, which is concerning. I changed his portrait through The Current checkbox (see first issue above on why I don't want to do that though)

I'm just a little lost.....anyone able to help? Just wanna do those three things and I'm golden lol

Ella_Loves
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Ella_Loves »

We cannot rename Denam with this? I was able to change his able battle sprite to a female one..but the portrait refused to go female..kept going to the first boss male portrait. Is it impossible to make Denam actually female in battle? I tried changing his name and it didn't reflect in game, even after save and load.

Rienfleche
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Rienfleche »

rayon92 wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:11 am
cryosaur wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:43 pm
Even so, sort order by quantity doesn't work too, not even if you already had the item, relaunch the game without CE.
It's like if you use CE and save the game with CE on, some part of the CE scripts are also saved into your save files.

When I turn on the [Max Item already owned],
> Recipe Melee Weapons 1 & On Medicine 1 are always in max (999), even though recipes only need 1.
> Grimoire Exorcisme will be 0 even if you buy some and tried to equip to your party, it will never exist in your inventory.
> Divine spell [Ease 2] are not affected by the cheat in any way, you have to buy or earn it as much as you could.

There's also this [Max charm already owned] that when turn on, it only shows [STR, DEX, AVD, MND, LUK, HP max, EARTH, WATER, ICE, DARK, EXP 2, EXP 4, LV. UP] available, and the rest are lost, even if gained the ones not mentioned before using the cheat, or having the cheat activated and earn one after battle, it's still lost. So for charms just use the [Have All Charms Max] instead, but there's a UI glitch, where the [LV up charm] is outside of the bottom part of the UI space, and can only be selected when you use keyboard / gamepad buttons instead of mouse, and it will kinda disrupt the selection too, like everything is not in it's place and you have to move around with the direction button to get them in place.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining.
The fact is I'm just very curious of how it works. When I open up some of the script from the CE table to take a look, and I couldn't understand anything about it.
Just use that No Cost Material items, it will max all Spell and Consume to 999 but you still need to get at least 1. In shop it unlock all recipe though

cryosaur
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by cryosaur »

rayon92 wrote:
No, the CE table has the correct item IDs (or, at least my copy does). When you change, via Data > Item List, the count of the Sticker+1 dagger from 0 to 1, you do now have a Sticker+1 in your inventory. However, there are (at least) two lists that combine to make up your inventory: a list of amounts for each item (this is what Data>ItemList changes), and a list of sorted item IDs. Your new Sticker+1 has an amount but cannot be sorted because its ID is not anywhere in the sort list because you didn't have any. To fix this, someone would need to write a new script to find the place where the sort list is, scan the amount list for each item with a non-zero amount, and write all the IDs into the sort list.
rayon92 wrote:
Even so, sort order by quantity doesn't work too, not even if you already had the item
If you already had some amount of the item, any inventory sorting problem might be either you making a mistake or bug in the game, but then I don't use most of the cheats in the table. Some of the scripts in the CE table don't work properly, and/or can cause game instability--for instance, I updated my own copy of the CE table to use static addresses for the Data > Basic Info and Warren Report stuff I care about when the newer scripted versions started causing battle wonkiness (focus kept jumping up into the sky and stuff)
rayon92 wrote:
It's like if you use CE and save the game with CE on, some part of the CE scripts are also saved into your save files. When I turn on the [Max Item already owned]...
No, scripts in the CE table don't get incorporated into your saved game. However, unintended mistakes or oversights from the scripts can get your game into an weird state, which can be saved by you. As I said, I don't use most of the scripts; I didn't write them and I'm not sure I want to take the time to understand what they're doing when most of the things they are supposed to do, I wouldn't do. Why bother with any amount of charms, when you can just directly edit a unit, changing their element or stats?

Blandation wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:23 pm
1. Change Denam's appearance and portrait to his Ch1-3 version.
2. Change Vyce's portrait to his Ch1 version
3. Make enemies drop their rare stuff 100% of the time.
The author(s) of the CE table have probably never done any hacking of the Let Us Cling Together (PSP) version of the game or they would have used better descriptions for things. In your CE table, change the description of "Character stats/Highlight" to be "Unit/Race Template", "Appearance 1" to "Sprite", and "Appearance 2" to "Portrait". "Current stats/Highlight" should also probably be "Unit", and it's "Appearance" change to "Template". There are many other things you could clarify, but that's probably enough to give you an idea of how a unit is related to its template.

About that help you wanted...

On the world map (not a battle), use the Data > Unit ("Current stats") to find Denam's portrait; it should be 123, and you want to force it to 119. Copy the Portrait cheat entry while it's pointing to Denam's portrait. Where you want this cheat in the table, right-click the cheat entry you want this new entry to be a sibling of, and paste. On the popup, just click Paste. The new cheat entry should show up, still pointing to Denam's portrait. Edit this new entry's address, by right-click > Change record > Address. You'll see it's using a pointer to find the address of the highlighted unit's portrait, but we want to change it to directly use the address for Denam's portrait. Select and copy the text in the grayed out Address box. Uncheck the Pointer checkbox so the pointer stuff goes away. The pointer will pop up into the Address text. Delete it, and paste in the address you copied; you should see "=123" again next to the Address box. Change the description to something like "Denam's Portrait = 119", so you remember which value you need to set it to, and click Ok.

Do the same thing over again for Vyce; his chapter 1 portrait is 630. Then, save your cheat table. Now, you should always be able to have a direct link to the portraits of Denam and Vyce. If you want, you can set a hotkey (right-click menu) that will automatically set the proper value. It can be the same hotkey for multiple entries; just use something the game won't respond to, like Ctrl+Space.

Changing Denam's sprite requires more specialized knowledge. I'm not sure how to change his Union sprite that walks on the world map, but I think we can change his Unit sprite. In Chapter 4, the game overrides Denam's sprite to use the male sprite found in the Lord class. So, we need to change that sprite value to be what we want.

In your cheat table, click the Full View menu item to show the scan portion. Click the Add Address Manually button. Here we first want to add a pointer to where the data for the Classes is stored in the game. Enter these values in the popup:
  • Description = Classes
  • Type = String
  • Pointer = Yes, Tactics Ogre Reborn.exe+D616F8
The "Tactics Ogre blah blah" part goes in the bottom textbox, after you turn on the Pointer checkbox. If you filled it in correctly, the Address box should be some grayed out value with text next to it that reads "=xlce..."; if not, you did something wrong, or there is a new game version out and this is no longer the correct address. If it does read "xlce", click OK. This gets us a pointer to the start of where all the class data is stored.

Click the Add Address Manually button again and enter these values:
  • Address = +10+D0*33
  • Description = Lord
This is an offset to get us to the start of the Lord class--there is a data header 0x10 bytes wide at the top of the classes data (and most other data lists), the class records are 0xD0 bytes wide, and Lord is the 52nd one in the list so we need to skip 0x33 records. Click OK, and drag the new cheat entry on top of the Classes pointer entry so a line appears to the right of it, and drop it. The Lord entry should now be a child of the Classes entry, and instead of it's value being shown as "??", it should be "0".

Click the Add Address Manually button once more and enter these values:
  • Address = +90
  • Description = Sprite, Male
  • Type = 2 Bytes
The Male Sprite is a 2-byte value stored at offset 0x90 inside a Class record. Click OK, and drag the new cheat entry on top of the Lord entry so it becomes its child. If you did everything right, the Sprite, Male cheat entry show now have a value of 30. The value you want it forced to is 29. Make sure you save your cheat table.

As for the drops thing, are the Scripts > Battle > Main > Enemy Drop All or Drop only important loot scripts not working for you?

Ella_Loves wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:19 am
We cannot rename Denam with this? I was able to change his able battle sprite to a female one..but the portrait refused to go female..kept going to the first boss male portrait. Is it impossible to make Denam actually female in battle? I tried changing his name and it didn't reflect in game, even after save and load.
The game allows you to rename Denam when you beat it once, so it does not use the text in his unit record as his name, either until then or at all--I haven't gotten that far to find out. Not sure how to preempt that. The game also overrides Denam's sprite and portrait from chapter 4 on, so you'll have to make custom cheats for them like I instructed Blandation to make. Which sprite are you using?

Blandation
Noobzor
Noobzor

Re: Tactics Ogre: Reborn [+119] Updated for Ver.1.04

Post by Blandation »

Thank you!! I will give this a shot when I'm done work today. TBH I haven't tried the drop guarantee yet, I literally just got started on this, tried to mess with the appearances and had issues.

Isidoro
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Isidoro »

Hi, i have a problem, everytime i use this trainer (i use only: Infinite HP/MP, sometimes enemy HP = 1) i cant save... on save page i have this error:

"Caution
-Failed to save configuration data.
-Error Code:2"

So... everytime i use cheat i cant do any progress.
I've already downloaded v.1.04

username69
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by username69 »

Ella_Loves wrote:
We cannot rename Denam with this?
Denam isn't rename-able like the PSP and other versions until you beat the game due to voice-lines. I don't know about changing genders.

Ella_Loves
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Ella_Loves »

cryosaur wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:56 am
Ella_Loves wrote:
The game allows you to rename Denam when you beat it once, so it does not use the text in his unit record as his name, either until then or at all--I haven't gotten that far to find out. Not sure how to preempt that. The game also overrides Denam's sprite and portrait from chapter 4 on, so you'll have to make custom cheats for them like I instructed Blandation to make. Which sprite are you using?
I was trying to make him into Deneb, but I used his sister. I will give up on changing him and just make a generic unit. ♥

Blandation
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Blandation »

cryosaur....just wanted to come back and say THANKS SO MUCH! Learning all of this on an interface I've never used before was such a pain, but I got the portrait and sprites working after fumbling with the interface (again, I've been out of the modding/editing game since probably the PS1 era lmao). Denam functions normally, even in pre-fight scenes from what I can see. He does not change on the world map, but that's really not a big deal at all.