Star Ocean: The Divine Force - v1.0 - Steam

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
asmoranomar
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Star Ocean: The Divine Force - v1.0 - Steam

Post by asmoranomar »

Proof of concept.

Factor 1 and Factor 2 are the same. Factor 1 is using a dropdown selection list, Factor 2 is not.

The biggest problem here is that I have no idea what the hex value for Factors mean. In order to implement how Factor 1 is able to do this, I have to create a drop down menu and link it to that entry in the script. This means I need to know every hex value for every Factor in the game. This is just a sample of what I'm dealing with:

I've created a "CustomQuery" script that I edit on the fly to let me pick specific records (in this case, factors). It allows me to do a search (grab every factor1 on every item) so I can copy it somewhere to to manipulate it (regex, then sheets).

The hard work is going to be checking all these values manually. There. is. a. lot. (over 200, and I'm still not very far into the game.)

Unless we can decode these hex values, it's going to be a VERY slow process.

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1

manila35
Cheater
Cheater

Post by manila35 »

asmoranomar wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:48 am

Proof of concept.

Factor 1 and Factor 2 are the same. Factor 1 is using a dropdown selection list, Factor 2 is not.

The biggest problem here is that I have no idea what the hex value for Factors mean. In order to implement how Factor 1 is able to do this, I have to create a drop down menu and link it to that entry in the script. This means I need to know every hex value for every Factor in the game. This is just a sample of what I'm dealing with:

I've created a "CustomQuery" script that I edit on the fly to let me pick specific records (in this case, factors). It allows me to do a search (grab every factor1 on every item) so I can copy it somewhere to to manipulate it (regex, then sheets).

The hard work is going to be checking all these values manually. There. is. a. lot. (over 200, and I'm still not very far into the game.)

Unless we can decode these hex values, it's going to be a VERY slow process.
I know! Hence why I did some digging myself to get a head start. You can use this file to populate your table with the factors. I don't have all the factors, but I believe that the most important/OP ones are in the file.
Attachments
SO6_FACTORS.7z
password: SO6
(11.44 KiB) Downloaded 188 times

asmoranomar
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by asmoranomar »

You have no idea how much this helps. Thanks a lot. I'm in the process of making an inventory editor that should be more stable and faster.

manila35
Cheater
Cheater

Post by manila35 »

asmoranomar wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:12 am
You have no idea how much this helps. Thanks a lot. I'm in the process of making an inventory editor that should be more stable and faster.
Is the least I can do to help ;)

Orion76
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Orion76 »

Thanks a lot for you all!

asmoranomar
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by asmoranomar »

I've added the much desired Inventory Editor. It uses pointers instead of scanning, so it WILL break on an update, but as a result, it is MUCH faster than using the dev tools.

Features:
Change Item Name
Change Item Stats
Change the Item entirely (for now, copy the "Item Base Pointer" value from one item to another)
Change Factors
Change Quantity (for stackable items, for equipment, add a new one)
Change Recently Obtained Sorting (if you want I guess?)

YOU CANNOT ADD ITEMS
This is because the inventory manages itself and is not a fixed size. I expanded out the inventory view to 500 items, but if you see fewer you'll see blanks/garbage data. I can increase it beyond 500 if needed, but I didn't want the script to take too long loading.

CHANGING THE BASE ITEM STATS AFFECTS ALL ITEMS THAT USE THAT BASE
This includes items dropped or bought.

THERE ARE SEVERAL UNKNOWN FACTORS
Please let us know if you discover an unknown factor.

Feedback is requested. (Already have an update to clean up the extra dev stuff that most people wont use/need)

Last edited by asmoranomar on Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:53 am, edited 4 times in total.

furiousfist
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by furiousfist »

Bless you for this.

Question: Under inventory editor, i just get "Inventory slot [#]" rather than item names. Is there some way to tell what slot correlates to what item or did i do something wrong?

asmoranomar
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by asmoranomar »

It should look something like this. If it does not, then it probably means I picked a bad pointer or the game isn't attached. You can try reloading the game and enable it only when your save is loaded.

furiousfist
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by furiousfist »

I tried what you recommended and i still get this, everything is still attached since other cheats function normally. (i.imgur.com/003tUbs.png if embed isnt working)
Last edited by furiousfist on Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

asmoranomar
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by asmoranomar »

Hm...it may be a bad pointer then. I'll have to find another one.

Edit: I actually might need some help with this too, cause I suck really bad at pointers. All I know how to do is generate pointermaps and run comparisons against them. I still get around 200k pointers though. If anyone is interested, the Testing section has a dev script under Item Classes called Inventory. I need a pointer for the address Inventory 0 when it is run.
Last edited by asmoranomar on Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

furiousfist
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by furiousfist »

clicking that script hangs CE for a few secs then gives me a window with

"First Scan Complete: 14214C318
Second Scan Complete: 035F4B9C
First Scan Complete: 14214C318
Second Scan Complete: 035F4B9C"

not sure how to get what you need for "inventory 0"

asmoranomar
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by asmoranomar »

Oh, I didn't mean you, unless you know how to find pointers. It's really a chore and can take hours (either that or I'm just doing it wrong). Give it some time and someone with more experience will find a working pointer for you.

When the Inventory Class script runs, it finds all instances of any Inventory Classes and the address they can be located at. It is odd that the script you ran didn't find any Inventory Classes. Were you on the title screen?

Edit: It is possible the scan can fail, that's normal. A restart should be able to fix it. But if it never finds an inventory it's not the end of the world either. We'll find a working method somehow.

furiousfist
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by furiousfist »

Oh alright, thats way above my wheelhouse. Sorry I cant be of more help.

And no, I was in a loaded game and I attempted it both in and out of menus

asmoranomar
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by asmoranomar »

That sucks, cause I could have reverted to the (longer) scan method if it did. But that doesn't look like it will help you either. Let me ponder on it and see what the others have to say.

Edit: Can you load the Testing>Class Tables>Item Classes>Items? Keep in mind, it is VERY slow.

Edit2:

This is kind of a crude drawing of how the inventory is handled in the game. The Item Editor is supposed to only show you the items in Inventory 0.

The Inventory Class only shows you the Inventories (no items). The Item Class only shows you Items. All the items. Some of these items aren't in your inventory (shops, etc) and some of them are ghosts of your items. So if you do manage to bring up the Item Class, just know that it might be a bit weird.

furiousfist
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by furiousfist »

Result is
"First Scan Complete: 142133B68
Second Scan Complete: 141677124
Third Scan Complete: 14152AC68
Fourth Scan Complete: 1765A2CC0
29 Records Found "