Star Ocean: The Divine Force - v1.0 - Steam

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
asmoranomar
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Star Ocean: The Divine Force - v1.0 - Steam

Post by asmoranomar »

anon9 wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:28 am
Yeah, DBK64 is something I don't want to use, lol.

Though if there seems to be enough issues, I'll probably see about working on a different code that has a similar effect. Going to be busy again so things might be delayed for me if I do. x.X
It's only required for scanning. If we can get a pointer to the address in question (The address of the first Inventory Class Instance), then the scan wouldn't be necessary at all.

Alternately, IFireflyl is using a manual method to do the same. It could be automated into a script similar to mine that also would not require a search.

There was a picture I posted a while back that kind of explains how I was doing this. The Item Class holds all instances of every Item the game is tracking and has all the details of an item (including shop items and any other items). The Inventory Class is just a simple container that points to the first and last Item Instances. It doesn't hold pointers to every item. This means that the Item Instances that belong to a Inventory Instance have to be contiguous. So you can do offsets easily. This also means that Item Instances belonging to other Inventory Instances need to be far way from either in memory so they don't write into each other. The only reason I went the Inventory->Item route, is because it has the start pointer of the first Item Instance. Once you have that, you don't need the Inventory Class at all.

Of course, finding the address of the first Item Instance can be difficult.

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1

anon9
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by anon9 »

Yeah, my method would probably be more similar to an automated version of IFireflyl's script then.

Well, editing is really a minor thing for me since it is easy enough to modify the items later on.

asmoranomar
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by asmoranomar »

The game doesn't do any garbage cleanup when removing Item Records. I don't see a way around this at the moment unless I make another script to clean it up.

Question:
Which do you prefer?
  • The Inventory Editor takes a snapshot of your current inventory at the time it is run. Instead of seeing 500 Item Records, you see only the exact number of Items in your Inventory. The Items can be edited like normal. If you gain/lose items you need to run the script again.
    • This script performs better the fewer items you have.
    • There is no Item limit.
    • Re-running the script will clean up the view.
    • Good for light editing.
  • The Inventory Editor shows 500 Item Records. There is an additional script you can run that will clean 'old' items from this view.
    • The clean-up script's performance is better the closer you are to the max (500).
    • The max size can increase by editing the script, at the cost of performance.
    • The benefit is that you never have to close the Inventory Editor. Re-running the Inventory Editor does not reset the view.
    • Better for heavy editing.
I've tried the first one, and the performance is quicker than what it is right now in v1.23. So even re-running the script to clean up the view isn't too bad. I also can't imagine people playing the game with the Inventory Editor open all the time. What do you guys think?
Last edited by asmoranomar on Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

anon9
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by anon9 »

asmoranomar wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:01 am
The game doesn't do any garbage cleanup when removing Item Records. I don't see a way around this at the moment unless I make another script to clean it up.
I mean, the truth is that half of us modders and table makers are actually just fixing bugs and oversights of the games we play... and then doing a little bit more. (And honestly, one script I'm kind of tempted to try to make is one that fixes the stuttering, though that is less a script at that point since it would be way more effort to maintain a script that does that than using other methods).

And then we pretend that we are doing it to make cheats because it feels awkward to say, "Yeah, I made a cheat engine script to fix the issues caused by the bugs I experienced."

Keep this up and we might just end up making a new game entirely. You know, like a script that rewrites the entire start of the game.

---
I mean, I play games with their inventory editors open all the time, but that is more a development thing. At the same time, there are a lot of people that don't really read script notes, so they expect a script to just always be working.

Another option is to run a script that refreshes the list, does cleanup, then deactivates itself without having to re-run the entire script, but that is more effort. You can also have an option that way to change the list size without editing the script itself.

(Don't know if I released it, but I've used a similar method to what I mentioned earlier before. It basically figures out where you are pointed at, then figures out the pointer for that specific item that you have highlighted and displays the structure. This was for a very different game where you couldn't jump between items without the game updating though.)

asmoranomar
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by asmoranomar »

anon9 wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:41 am
At the same time, there are a lot of people that don't really read script notes, so they expect a script to just always be working.
Yeah, I don't know what to do here. It's not like older JRPG titles where there's a fixed number of inventory slots and items are represented by an ID. These are objects that are being pushed and pulled by an general purpose object manager. And you can't just say "Hey after your done, throw a couple of empty objects up there to clean up stuff" because that same method could be used in other parts of the game unrelated to items.

Maybe an Item Editor where the selected item in the game is what your editing. But I haven't found a anything that is persistent.

EDIT: jfc our edits.

IFireflyl
Fearless Donors
Fearless Donors

Post by IFireflyl »

asmoranomar wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:01 am
Question:
Which do you prefer?
  • The Inventory Editor takes a snapshot of your current inventory at the time it is run. Instead of seeing 500 Item Records, you see only the exact number of Items in your Inventory. The Items can be edited like normal. If you gain/lose items you need to run the script again.
    • This script performs better the fewer items you have.
    • There is no Item limit.
    • Re-running the script will clean up the view.
    • Good for light editing.
  • The Inventory Editor shows 500 Item Records. There is an additional script you can run that will clean 'old' items from this view.
    • The clean-up script's performance is better the closer you are to the max (500).
    • The max size can increase by editing the script, at the cost of performance.
    • The benefit is that you never have to close the Inventory Editor. Re-running the Inventory Editor does not reset the view.
    • Better for heavy editing.
I could go either way with it. Where I am at in the game I have a lot of items, so the one that performs better with more items seems the better route to me. Also, I usually leave my Inventory Editor open so that option interests me more. But either way I would be happy with it.

Asuma
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Asuma »

DBK64 doesn't work for me.
Dunno if it's because I'm on windows 11 or not.

asmoranomar
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by asmoranomar »

IFireflyl wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:57 pm
I could go either way with it. Where I am at in the game I have a lot of items, so the one that performs better with more items seems the better route to me. Also, I usually leave my Inventory Editor open so that option interests me more. But either way I would be happy with it.
Keep in mind there is no 'performs better with more items' option. It's 'the closer you are to max', so if you have 750 items, and the max is 1000 (1000-750 = 250 records to clean), that's the same performance as having 250 items at 500 max (500-250 = 250 records to clean). It's also talking about the clean-up script only. Both main scripts perform worse with more items, but the second option is less impacted because you never close the Inventory Editor (But also more impacted because your scanning more Item Records than you actually have).

I'm sure I can find a reasonable alternative that makes everyone happy. And I'm aware that most people are probably just happy to have an editor at all no matter how many quirks it has. I just don't want anyone to encounter unexpected behavior.

asmoranomar
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by asmoranomar »

If the Inventory increases/decreases you only need to rescan rebuild these (smaller) ranges. I only have 238 Items, so that's all you'll see in this example. Ranges can be unlimited at this point, in groups of 100.

Yay or No?

Asuma
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Asuma »

I'mma vote Ya.

IFireflyl
Fearless Donors
Fearless Donors

Post by IFireflyl »

That looks good to me. I'm assuming that "rebuilding" means disabling and re-enabling the script?

asmoranomar
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by asmoranomar »

IFireflyl wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:40 am
That looks good to me. I'm assuming that "rebuilding" means disabling and re-enabling the script?
Yes. You can open up all of them and if you have 350 items, and you sell one or get a new item, all you have to do is disable/enable 300-399 to refresh the view. It is very fast now.

I know some people cannot use the extra settings option in CE. Unfortunately, the initial scan is still required to completely automate this feature. The options are required, because the game uses obfuscation as a form of anti-cheat.

But I understand your concerns. I've created a Manual Override setting that might allow me to assist you. If a working pointer can be found, you can put one in here. I've already populated a few pointers (only one is shown here), and all you have to do is copy the address and put it in SO6_Inventory value, then activate/deactivate the Override script.
Override How-To Pic
Keep in mind, this is a hit-or-miss process and may take a bit of tinkering to get override to work.

Give me some time to finalize the changes and it'll be up soon.

Edit: It's up now.

manila35
Cheater
Cheater

Post by manila35 »

I found some new Factors ID, how can I add them to the drop down list?

manila35
Cheater
Cheater

Post by manila35 »

manila35 wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:21 pm
I found some new Factors ID, how can I add them to the drop down list?
nvm

asmoranomar
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by asmoranomar »

Minor life events as a caretaker for the next few days. Nothing to worry about, and was expected. But updates or support might be slow for a while.

Edit: Whenever I get a moment, I run some pointer scans for the Inventory Editor. Yesterday I was around 20k, today I have less than 4k. I'm not going to bother updating the table every time, but if you can't find a working pointer let me know and I can show you a few different ones to try.