Diablo 1.09 (Comprehensive Cheats)

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
gibberishh
Table Makers
Table Makers

Diablo 1.09 (Comprehensive Cheats)

Post by gibberishh »

This table was created from my Hellfire table. Apart from the most common cheats, I believe this is the only table that allows you to:
  • Change Game Difficulty, even for single player. You won't see the difficulty displayed on screen, but monsters will get way tougher, gold drops will increase, and you will get huge amounts of XP for killing even low-level creatures. In fact, if you Always Show Monster Stats, pause the game with the stats visible, then change the difficulty -- you'll see their HP going up or down! 8-)
    Note that once a map is loaded, the amount of gold you get from it won't change. So set your difficulty before loading dungeon maps if you want to farm gold. Though with so many gold cheats, one wonders why you would want to farm gold :roll:
  • Modify properties of all equipped items.
  • Assign any of the letter keys (A-Z) to a spell (instead of just the standard F5-F8).
Maybe someone else has done these before, but I can't find such a table or trainer for Diablo anywhere.

It's possible the table may have some bugs. I don't play Diablo since I've always stuck with Hellfire, so I haven't played with this table too much.
  • Credit: Both the Hellfire and Diablo tables took some references from viewtopic.php?t=8893.
  • Version: I know I have Diablo 1.09, but I don't think I have the GOG version. Anyway, I have genericized the code as much as possible so maybe it will work with all 1.09 releases. Maybe it won't, who knows...
  • Multiplayer: I've created the table only for single players. The cheats should work on MP too, but I haven't included cheats specific to MP (like for resurrecting dead players).
Included in the zip is a manual (simple html file), and Hotkeys.ini, from where you can map your custom keyboard keys to spells. The password for the zip is g (lowercase G). There are certain things you can do to make the game crash. Please see the manual to understand (and avoid) these. If the game crashes for any other reason, let me know with details of your character, which all cheats were active at the time of the crash, and which specific cheat (if you know) caused the crash, so that I might attempt to address it. Do the same if a cheat is working, but is not behaving as expected.

The CT is signed and will attempt to connect to Diablo.exe when you open it. So start the game before opening the table. Unlike the Hellfire table, I am not launching the game from the table because on my PC starting the game runs into some weird problems (I think they are related to DirectDraw, can't be sure).

Get the latest tables from viewtopic.php?p=306031#p306031

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1
Last edited by gibberishh on Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:02 pm, edited 8 times in total.

gibberishh
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: Diablo 1.09 (Comprehensive Cheats)

Post by gibberishh »

New cheats: It is quite possible that there are bugs in these tables. Unless someone reports them, I won't know.
  • Adria Refills Mana: Talking to Adria will refill your mana, just like talking to Pepin refills health. This cheat is useful for those who don't wish to cheat too much but want Adria to provide similar services as Pepin. Note that the blue mana orb will not fill up until you leave the map, save-reload or switch out to a different window and back.
  • Combat > Show Monsters' Actual HP: Will show the actual HP of the monster under the mouse pointer instead of their spawn values. Current value will be shown on the left, its max HP on the right. :D A side effect of this is that boss names will no longer be colored gold. It's not necessary but recommended to also enable Always Show Monster Stats otherwise you will have to first kill several monsters of each type before their HP becomes visible. Alt+H simultaneously activates both cheats.
  • Loot > Id Items on Mouseover [Alt+D] ;)
  • Combat > Display Monsters Left [Ctrl+D]: While the automap is open, you will see the number of monsters still alive on the map on the top-left, next to the level number. This includes monsters hidden in barrels and sarcophagi. Now you can kill every last piece of scum.
  • Movement > Always Indicate Traps [Alt+T]: See trapped objects irrespective of your class. If you assign a spell hotkey to disarm traps (e.g., D) you will be able to avoid most traps in the game.
  • Loot > Items on Ground: Shows how many items are on the ground on the map. Unfortunately it doesn't include items within chests. Maybe this will be useful to some picker-uppers ;)
  • Skip Cinematics: This will skip the Lazarus and Endgame videos. Won't be useful to many but when you have to keep testing the same things over and over like I have to, those videos get to be quite bothersome.
  • Activate All Quests in a new game. Will not work for existing games. The cheat only needs to be active when starting a new game. Once the game is saved, you can turn the cheat off.
  • Combat > Max Resistances > Achieve Immunity: You can now achieve up to 100% resistance against fire, ltn and magic instead of just 75%. Even if the Max Resistance cheats are off, you can now legitimately reach 100% resistance with items that you equip with only this cheat on.
  • Added a form to edit spell hotkeys. You no longer need to edit Hotkeys.ini in a different editor. In cheat engine, click Edit > Spell Hotkeys to change your keys. It checks whether you have entered letters only, and prevents duplicates. Hopefully someone will find this useful.
  • Added missing meta info from items: Unidentified item name, unidentified and identified prices, id for unique items. The Limit Graphics script within items also allocates unique items according to where they are equipped.
Changes:
  • Player stats moved into one group instead of being separated into Player and Stats groups.
  • All items will now show all offensive and defensive properties. Earlier only left hand showed offensive properties.
  • Updated manual to reflect all the changes.
Fixes:
  • Godmode was only protecting against physical damage. Now it also protects against spells and traps. If there are other sources of damage, someone will have to let me know because I don't play Diablo.
  • Item properties now correctly display negative values. E.g., if an item penalises you with -5 strength, the table will show -5 instead of some unintelligible large number. I hope I haven't forgotten some other records which also need to be modified in a similar fashion. :oops:
  • All these months, Magic Properties 1 and 2 of items were inversed. Also updated some property descriptions. There seem to be some properties still missing, I will keep searching for them.
  • Infravision was automatically getting reset to Off after it expired or when switching maps. Changed it to a script instead of pointer so that it now remains permanently on.
Known Issues
  • Display Monsters Left shows the correct number for most maps but not always, depending on which quests or bosses are loaded on that map. E.g., the game counts Diablo alone as 16 monsters! Sometimes a map will be completely empty but it will show 4 remaining. There are too many scenarios which change this behavior so this will not be addressed. Mismatches are much more common with All Quests on. Special maps like Dark Passage, Skeleton King's Lair, Lazarus' Lair won't show the monster count on the screen. You can see the correct monster count in the table though.
  • If you include All Quests in a game, names of some locations are reversed. E.g., the entrance to the Dark Passage says King Leoric's Tomb and vice versa. This will not be fixed.
  • Make sure you have the correct Hotkeys.ini when using this table. Don't use the Hellfire hotkeys file.
New Table: Inventory Manager
  • This is a separate table from the main one. It lets you modify, export and import items in the inventory. Because of the number of items x number of properties of each item, this table is huge (1.2MB). Warning: Use at your own risk.
  • Run Diablo.exe before opening the table and it will automatically connect to the game.
  • You MUST uncheck and Load Inventory (Ctrl+L) EVERY TIME your items in the game change. Even if the list 'looks' okay, something as simple as relocating an item will cause glitches. If you work with an unsynced list, you will end up modifying the wrong items or even corrupting an item.
  • As long as you have a save game with proper items, you can always reload it in case you make a mistake.
  • Once the inventory is loaded, Alt+Left will collapse all the items and reduce clutter. You can then expand the item you wish to examine.
  • Once the inventory is loaded, you can also load the Export/Import form (Edit > Export/Import Items or Ctrl+E).
  • Export is straightforward: just select the item you want to export and save it to a file.
  • Import from File: Select the item in your inventory that you want to replace, then select an exported file to import. The code does not check if the file is valid. If you select a file, the code will assume it is valid and attempt to overwrite the item. You cannot import items exported from other trainers using this, only files exported using this table can be imported.
  • Import Known Item: I have provided a list of items I've found in my playthroughs. I found them while playing Hellfire but they should work for Diablo. I've removed Hellfire-specific items. They include all books, scrolls, consumables and most unique items. You can choose to import one of these items into your game. Locate the one you wish to import, select what you want to replace, and click the Import Known Item button.
  • It is possible (and completely okay) to replace a single-slot item with something that occupies 6 slots. However, once you do this, move the item in the inventory so that the game can accommodate the new object correctly.
  • You cannot import items into an empty inventory. Items have to be replaced. An old trick is to split your gold into 1-gold coins and then replace each coin with whatever you wish. E.g., if you exported a Book of Fireball, you can import that book 5 times and upgrade your skill quite quickly.
  • If you know what you are doing, you can even 'create' items by modifying the properties of something. E.g., a gold coin can be changed into Book of Fireball quite easily. Or even a Staff of Golem. Study properties (including Meta Info) of items you find to get a feel for how to edit them.
  • Using Import, it is possible to create duplicates of items. If you throw these on the ground, the game will destroy them with the message that "a duplicate has been detected." The Allow Duplicate Items cheat in the main table will let these items remain on the ground.
  • There was a lot of manual labor in incorporating all these items. It's quite possible some mistake has slipped in. Use at your own risk.
Last edited by gibberishh on Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:02 pm, edited 8 times in total.

gibberishh
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by gibberishh »

Changed Hotkeys.ini to Hotkeys.dia. For those of you who use both my Hellfire and Diablo tables, this will prevent conflicts between the two hotkeys files.

Added a few uniques into Known Items.

Last edited by gibberishh on Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:02 pm, edited 9 times in total.

gibberishh
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by gibberishh »

Fixed: Always Show Monster's HP will now color bosses in gold and normal monsters in white.

Fixed: Found a few prefixes and suffixes for items. Also, one prefix was duplicated. Finally, removed Hellfire-specific prefixes and suffixes from both tables.

Update: The new inventory table (Known Items) now includes ALL unique items in the game.
Also improved inventory import slightly: you can now see the stats of each known unique item before you import it.

Fixed: Some Hellfire-only spells were lingering in items' spell lists (both tables). These caused the game to crash. Sorry about that, they've been removed in the the latest tables.

Last edited by gibberishh on Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:02 pm, edited 6 times in total.

gibberishh
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by gibberishh »

Display Monster Count will now also show the number of monsters on "special" maps like Leoric's tomb or Lazurus' Lair. However, the names of those maps will now show the level number instead. Displaying the correct name is too much unnecessary work for useless info.

Additionally, it will also show the number of items on the ground on all maps. Items are bloody difficult to locate in Diablo. You could be standing right next to a staff and not be able to see it :( I tried to find a way to highlight items but got nowhere with it so this is the next best thing.

Last edited by gibberishh on Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:03 pm, edited 6 times in total.

gibberishh
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by gibberishh »

Happy 2023.

New: Spells > Cast Spells in Town: This will let you cast all spells except Golem while in town. I've not enabled Golem because that always crashes the game. Some other spells can also crash the game -- so far I've found casting Telekinesis on Cain crashes it.

Fixed: Health was going down even with Godmode on when casting Blood Star or Bone Spirit.

Fixed: Both tables should now work with Diablo.exe or diablo.exe or any combination of uppercase/lowercase characters in the name.

Fixed: Inventory Import/Export was sometimes activating Import Known Item by clicking somewhere "near" the button but not actually on the button. The new table should not have such weird behaviors.

Changed: Ctrl+L in inventory will now automatically collapse the list of items and reduce clutter. You can still use Alt+Left if you wish to collapse them after you've examined/modified a few items.

Added: Ctrl+R in inventory will Reload the inventory. Ctrl+L loads or unloads the inventory but Ctrl+R does both. You can always use Ctrl+R if you wish even if the inventory is not yet loaded. Highly recommended you use this every time before modifying, importing or exporting items.

Last edited by gibberishh on Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.

gibberishh
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by gibberishh »

This is my best hack yet: Life & Mana Regen without using any external timers or convoluted hooks 8-) You will steadily regen life and mana while on dungeon maps. I've intentionally left out regen in town because you can either talk to Pepin or (with the cheat) Adria, or just buy Mana potions. I've offered 5 regen speeds you can choose from. Default is slowest, 1 point per second. If you really want more than 5 points per second of regen, you should be using Godmode and Infinite Mana.

Fixed: Infinite Mana was not preventing mana reduction when using Mana Shield with the Constricting Ring (and possibly other such scenarios too).

Last edited by gibberishh on Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.

gibberishh
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by gibberishh »

All New Change Guardian Spell: Assign a different spell to Guardian instead of Firebolt. The default choice is Apocalypse. Recommended to enable Infinite Mana because some spells will quickly drain your mana even though the guardian is casting them. Blood Star and Bone Spirit will also drain HP if Godmode is off. The chosen spell will be cast at whatever level you have learnt it up to (or level 1).

Inv has not changed but it's part of the zip anyway.

FYI in case someone hasn't realized it: if you've set up custom hotkeys, you don't need to overwrite your hotkeys file with the one from the zip. Just extract the ct and you'll be set. Preferably extract the manual too coz I keep updating the Known Issues section whenever I find (or solve) things.

Get the latest tables from viewtopic.php?p=304783#p304783

FYI, this is the list of all the effects that can be spawned from Guardian. In the table only useful offensive spells are listed.

Code: Select all

1:Firebolt
2:Guardian
3:Phasing
4:Lightning (1 square)
5:Fire Wall Trap (1 square)
6:Fireball
7:Lightning
8:Lightning Trap (1 square)
9:?
10:Town Portal
11:Flash (Bottom Half)
12:Flash (Top Half)
13:?
14:Flame Wave (1 square)
15:Chain Lightning
16:CRASH
17:CRASH
18:?
19:?
20:?
21:Melee Fire Damage
22:Lightning
23:?
24:Blood Star
25:?
26:Teleport
27:Fire Arrows
28:CRASH
29:Fire Wall Trap (1 square)
30:Stone Curse
31:?
32:CRASH
33:Golem
34:Etherealize
35:?
36:Apocalypse (1 Creature)
37:?
38:Fire Wall
39:Infravision
40:Identify
41:Flame Wave
42:Nova
43:?
44:Apocalypse (All)
45:Item Repair
46:Staff Recharge
47:Trap Disarm
48:Inferno (1 square)
49:Inferno
50:Elemental Golem!
51:Physical Damage?
52:Charged Bolt
53:Holy Bolt (Undead Only)
54:Resurrect
55:Telekinesis
56:Lightning Arrows
57:? Damage
58:?
59:?
60:Heal Other
61:Elemental
62:Light Animation
63:Bone Spirit
64:Charged Bolt Trap (1 square)
65:Lazarus Portal
66:? Damage
67:?
Attachments
Diablo 1.09.zip
Pass: g (lowercase G). Signed cheat tables. Run Diablo.exe before opening them. Includes Hotkeys.dia and manual.
(80.95 KiB) Downloaded 253 times
Last edited by gibberishh on Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

gibberishh
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by gibberishh »

Added Spells > Change Shrine: Change the shrine under your mouse pointer. Changes to Shrines are permanent (you can turn the cheat off as soon as you see the new shrine name in the game). Changes to Goat Shrines and Cauldrons will come into effect only on click (the cheat needs to be active while you activate the object). I've set the default shrine to Weird (adds 1 to max weapon damage) because that should be useful for most classes. If you leave the cheat active, all shrines will progressively change to your selected one as you point to them or click on them.

Notes:
  • There are two separate Ids for Magical Shrine in the game which is why it appears twice in the list. I don't know what is the difference between the two.
  • On activating the cheat, the dropdown list of choices will not show what the shrine is currently; it will show the default I have set. If you want to know what a cauldron or goat shrine does before changing it, click it before activating the cheat, then reload and change it using the cheat if you don't like the effect. If you want to know what a regular shrine is, don't have the cheat active when you point to it.
  • To manage space, the dropdown list uses shorthand to describe the shrine effects. To see the full effects of each shrine, check the Shrines Reference.
Added Alt+Left to collapse item trees, just like in the Inventory Editor.

Added a way to automatically enable whichever cheats you want on start-up. This is a bit technical. See the included manual to learn how to do this. It uses Hellfire's command.txt but it doesn't matter if you don't have Hellfire. If you don't, just create command.txt and follow the instructions in the manual.

Updated the manual to reflect all changes.

Last edited by gibberishh on Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gibberishh
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by gibberishh »

• Added: Movement > Always Disarm Traps: This contains two cheats. 1) Attempts to disarm traps will never fail no matter what your class or dexterity. 2) Even if you don't want to disarm traps, clicking trapped objects will not set the traps off. There are many code blocks where the game handles different types of traps, so it's possible I've missed some types. If you find any, let me know. Barrels will still explode as that is a totally different mechanic.
    Note that this is very minimally tested. I have directly ported code I wrote for the Hellfire table and only tested it with the first few trapped chests, sarcophagi and doors I found.
  • Added: Combat > Cannot be Knocked Back.
  • Added: Combat > Permanent Combat Boosts: Confers Multiple Arrows, 5% Mana Steal, 5% Life Steal, Fastest Attack, Fastest Recovery, Fast Block and Thorns irrespective of your gear. Move something in the inventory after dis/enabling this.
  • Added: Hotkey Alt+K for Skip Cinematics. This cheat now also locks in-game hotkeys (F5-F8) so that they are not erased when starting a new game with the same character. I've merged this into Skip Cinematics because the only time you need this cheat is near the end of the game. Toggle the cheat before and after the Lazarus video, and enable it before the endgame video. Start a new game and your hotkeys will stay assigned. Now you can disable the cheat.
  • Added: Combat > Anyone Can Crit: All classes have a chance to crit (2x damage), not just warriors. I haven't set this to 100% crit chance -- if you want to permanently double your damage, edit your items or stats.
  • Fixed: Godmode now also prevents permanent max life drain by Black Deaths.
  • Fixed: Always Run would sometimes cause the game to crash. Hopefully this has been permanently fixed now.
  • Fixed: Adria Refills Mana will now also update the blue orb correctly.
  • Added: Inventory Editor now lets you quickly un/freeze all values of loaded items (Ctrl+F). Use this after Ctrl+L to avoid resetting of item properties when starting a new game.
If you have already started using the automatic enabling of cheats, you'll have to run the script again and update the numbers.

Last edited by gibberishh on Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gibberishh
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by gibberishh »

Seems I was not done. But this is a really good cheat.

Added: Spells > Holy Shrines give XP: Holy is the most useless shrine in the game. Instead of casting Phasing, with this cheat the shrine will grant 1000 x DungeonLvl XP just like Sparkling Shrine in Hellfire. Scales with difficulty (17000xp on Nightmare L1, 33000xp on Hell L1). The message displayed upon activating the shrine will not change, only its effect changes.

Changed: Default for Change Shrine is now set to Holy instead of Weird.

Fingers crossed this really is the last update!
Attachments
Diablo 1.09.zip
Pass: g (lowercase G). Signed cheat tables. Run Diablo.exe before opening them. Includes Hotkeys.dia and manual.
(84.03 KiB) Downloaded 269 times