Symphony of War: Nephilim Sage Item Scripts

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
seikur0
Code Alchemist
Code Alchemist

Re: Symphony of War: Nephilim Sage Item Scripts

Post by seikur0 »

fecdan wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:39 pm
seikur0 wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:03 pm
r9 is the pointer to a struct on the stack, which has 6*8 bytes created from the values of rsi, rbx and xmm0 (where xmm0 got some global 16 byte value before).

In the beginning, I can only understand about 20%.
After another 10 plus hours work on your answer. Now I understand a lot more, about 70% I guess?
If you don't mind, may I ask some more questions, plz?
The first one is that I don't know how to find r9 is the pointer to a struct on the stack, though it seems not that important if I don't know the reason.
Sure, I don't mind. About r9, you can tell from the first screenshot, where you see the function call.
lea r9,[rbp-30] //this takes the address (mind you not the content like mov) of [rbp-30] and moves it into r9
So r9 contains the address of something, i.e. it is a pointer. And it contains the address of memory on the stack, because of rbp.
The next few lines are essentially:
mov [rbp-30],rsi -> mov [r9],rsi
mov [rbp-28],rbx -> mov [r9+8],rbx
movups [rbp-20],xmm0 -> mov [r9+10],xmm0(1) + mov [r9+18],xmm0(2)
movups [rbp-10],xmm0 -> mov [r9+20],xmm0(1) + mov [r9+28],xmm0(2)

This could either be a struct, just a collection of different values. Or it could be more input arguments than 4 and since the architecture only has 4 registers for arguments, the 4th must be a pointer to the remaining arguments, probably what happens here, now that I think about it.
fecdan wrote:
seikur0 wrote:
We inject after the whole register backup and rbp setup is complete to (hopefully) see the same rbp offsets as at the place where to value actually gets changed within the function. rbp typically only gets changed at the function start.

Set our value to 20(41) (can even freeze that) and prepare the game so that we only need to confirm the item usage with one click (to avoid the function being called for other reasons than the value change), in my case "Salmon of Health".
Set the breakpoint in our injected script at the "lea rax,[rax]" line. (Doesn't break = success) Now use the item (Break = success²).

The injection code line lea rax,[rax]. The reason why to use the instruction "lea" is that to make sure the change happen in an address.
Cuz Cheat Engine only can tell the addresses change, If the changes only happens between registers, the breakpoint won't work. Is my understanding right?
You just need any instruction there, so a breakpoint can be used between before that line and after it. Could be any instruction really, lea rax,[rax] just doesn't do anything other than writing rax back to itself. Could be mov rax,rax too I guess. It's the same as while writing c++ or java or something and you write something like "int test = 4;" somewhere, just so you can put a breakpoint there.
fecdan wrote:
seikur0 wrote:
valueId is within the rdx data while newValue is [r9].
Actually since we directly inject at the location where newValue gets written, newValue is not as relevant for us, so we focus on rdx.

So if we just want to modify the item quantity values, the first injection code will be all good. Is that correct?
The first injection location would be good, not the code.
The first injection is just for testing purposes, it has the really specific condition that it only reaches the lea rax,[rax] line,
if the value gets changed to 19, which isn't that useful. Also it's very unspecific at that point and the line might get executed while browsing the menu or doing anything else. You don't know, if the function will change the value later at that point.

For the place, if the filter was already perfect, we could inject here with one disadvantage: We don't know the currentValue. So we could just overwrite the new value here.
The injection at the very start of the function would be more stable in regards to updates, as you can access rdx there directly and don't have to rely on it being in [rbp+28] randomly.
You could also change the id passed to the function in rdx / [rdx] and [rdx+10], so you could actually give yourself an item you don't have yet, also only possible at that location. (If you injected in the calling function, you could even change it, so you'd call the function more than once, with different ids from 0 to x, to give yourself all items. But that'd be done with lua probably or you'd need two injections one before and one after the function itself to do the loop.)
fecdan wrote:
seikur0 wrote:
Now we need to know where rdx went at the place where we inject. You can step through the code or use "break and trace" or you use the breakpoint where we injected before and once it gets hit, you write down rdx, then you put a breakpoint on the write to our target address and take a look at where you can find rdx (simplest method).

I don't understand " put a breakpoint on the write to our target address and take a look at where you can find rdx (simplest method)" part.
I mean, does the target address mean the new rdx that I write down?
No the target address is the address for "Salmon of Health". You can do "Browse this memory region" on it and then in the memory viewer set a data breakpoint with "Break on write" per right click.
After that you unpause the function and it will run from the beginning to that write and break there. And at that point, you look for the rdx you wrote down.
fecdan wrote:
seikur0 wrote:
From that I can see that rdx is stored in [rbp+28]. It's the 6th value pushed to the stack after the caller address in [rbp+50]. If we look at the top of the function that is the "push rdi". And sure enough in the calling function we see the mov rdx,rdi we've seen before already. It's kind of random/lucky, but hey it works.
Sorry, I don't mean to ask stupid basic questions, but I don't know where is the top of the function. I don't see "push rdi". I thought it's push rbp, push r15, push r14, the whole registers backup part? :? :?
That's exactly it. push rbp, push r15, push r14, push r13, push r12, push rdi <----
Because the function has to backup the registers, we luckily have a backup of rdx.
Rdx itself isn't pushed, because it is the input argument, however before the function is called,
we can see the mov rdx,rdi.
So by backing up rdi, the function essentially backs up rdx, though it's never gonna access that value on the stack for itself, only for restoring rdi at the end.
fecdan wrote:
seikur0 wrote:
Okay so let's put a breakpoint where we actually want to inject, directly where the value gets written.
It will imediately break, so let's take a look at the [[rbp+28]] data with the dissect data tool again:
But what's this? It's not a pointer?
Spoiler
Great our input apparently isn't always a pointer to a struct..
On the bright side, if it's a pointer, we can probably determine the item type from it. So we need a way to tell if it's a valid pointer, otherwise the game crashes, when we try to access that invalid memory location.
At that point the clean, but also fragile and time-consuming way, would be to figure out, how the function itself knows if it's a pointer or not, i.e. what exactly does it do here. I did that for a while but didn't find any easy solution, so the not so clean method it is.
We saw that rdx, if it's a pointer, is a pointer to the heap memory. (Can also use the "memory regions" tool to verify.)
I think I read somewhere that heap memory for x64 only starts at 0x100000000 for the addresses.
So the first condition to accept rdx is, that ist must be >= 0x100000000.
I also notice, that r10 is always somewhat close to the [rbp+28] address. Okay so for the upper limit I take r10 plus another 0x100000000 and if [rbp+28] is within these limits I'll assume it is a pointer.

We do another injection to take a look at the actual values.
Spoiler
Put the breakpoint at "lea rax,[rax]". Okay seems to be working, all rax values look similar and seem to be pointers now.
Take a look at these with the "data dissect" tool again.
So before for the two values we're interested in we saw that the id at struct offset 0 always had 0x12007 as first value. Now we can see that's not the case. So this seems to be another good filter, the assumption is 0x12007 is the id for "item". Then at offset 0x10 there would be an 8 byte item id, that's the item type, we saw before there.

So the remaining filters we need would be "[[rbp+28]] == 0x12007" and we could even do a whitelist/blacklist for item types, if we evaluate the "[[rbp+28]+10]" value, i.e. "[[rbp+28]+10] == #45" means it is the "Salmon of Health".
The rest is simple, in my script I want to allow increases, not decreases, so i just compare the currentValue to the newValue and execute the write at the end or not.

Another last thing for the filter, sometimes the new value is a pointer, likely that's some internal data structure management and we don't want to modify that, so the last filter we need is for the actual new value. If that's larger than the 0x100000000 we've established before, we always allow the write in the end.

Similarly for stats:
Here [rbp+28] won't be a pointer, but contain the stat id directly, filter those for ids below 0x10000. And I think [rbp+30] might be the class, seems to be always 0, add that to the filter.
Add, that the newValue must be lower than 0x100000000 (as before) and that's enough to only find stat changes (to be exact, stat modifier changes), STR, MAG, SKL, MaxHP, LDR. With the stat items, HP increases by 5, the other stats 2, LDR what it says, if you want to find the values, mind you in term of the "RPG VX type" value type.

The 0x100000000 way is so brilliant and comes from no where to me :roll:

I seem to be able to get the stat modifier now, but only the modifier from seize or item, not lvl up.

If you know how to find lvl up stat modifier, would you plz teach me?

I will continue digesting this last part.

Thank you so much.
0x100000000 could be anything really. After looking it up yesterday, I'm not even sure anymore, if the heap is always in the 64bit space of memory, so >0x100000000, or if it's just very very probable due to ASLR (google it). As I wrote, it's the quick and dirty method, but it works. You could always find more precise ways or track down, how the function itself knows, if it's a pointer.

No idea about the lvl up stat modifier, but if you can find one of the values with the CE search, you should be able to build a filter for that too. Might be a totally different location, I don't know. If it's the same location, you can do an injection and compare rdi+10 and the address you have directly and only break, if they match and then look at [rbp+28].
Do it for MAG, STR or SKL as armor and weapon stats might be entirely lvl dependent, but I don't know.

You can find the lvl of someone and use xp codices to trigger the changes until you find the values.

Have a great weekend,
seikur0

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1

mcthefighter
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by mcthefighter »

Hey, is this table updated for 1.03? I’ve tried to use it for the update and the values haven’t updated even when I click update and check items

seikur0
Code Alchemist
Code Alchemist

Post by seikur0 »

mcthefighter wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:06 pm
Hey, is this table updated for 1.03? I’ve tried to use it for the update and the values haven’t updated even when I click update and check items
The table from the main page no,
but you can use mine: viewtopic.php?p=270398#p270398

fecdan
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by fecdan »

seikur0 wrote:
fecdan wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:41 am
Really want to know the basic logic so bad.
Now for the value, we really want the lowest value in the stack that has it (as the others might only get written later and might not be set at the start of the function. That is [rbp+D0].
Okay all set, no we do a simple code injection:
Spoiler
We inject after the whole register backup and rbp setup is complete to (hopefully) see the same rbp offsets as at the place where to value actually gets changed within the function. rbp typically only gets changed at the function start.

Set our value to 20(41) (can even freeze that) and prepare the game so that we only need to confirm the item usage with one click (to avoid the function being called for other reasons than the value change), in my case "Salmon of Health".
Set the breakpoint in our injected script at the "lea rax,[rax]" line. (Doesn't break = success) Now use the item (Break = success²).
Okay cool, now let's take a look at rcx, rdx, r8 and r9 as we planned.

For that we use the dissect data tool.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
I followed this tutorial step by step (I hope) and confronted some bizarre situation.

Whatever the values I set to the third filter, when I toggle the breakpoint on and go back to the game, it breaks.

And I check the registers value, it's just the same with whatever I set in the third cmp line(it's 97 here), but the item value is 98.

I try to change the cmp value to 50 or 80 or 99, and it will still break. The rax value just always matches the value I set, but the item value is totally another number.

There's must be someting I i did wrong. But I couldn't figure it out :cry: :cry: :cry:

[Link]

[Updated and Edited]

I might know the reason. I'm so dumb. I've changed too many stats modifier value and items value in the game, so maybe the values I random inputed did already exist.

I'll try again in a new clean save file. Thank you so much again and again.

seikur0
Code Alchemist
Code Alchemist

Post by seikur0 »

fecdan wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:36 am

I'll try again in a new clean save file. Thank you so much again and again.
Remember to write the cmp for the encoded value, which is the actual value times two plus one. And also only activate that script after you already started the "item use". At the point where you only need to confirm or abort it. That minimizes the chance of the function being called for other reasons than the item use you want to see. (Like it triggering from just browsing the menu.)

If you do that, it shouldn't really matter, whether you edited your items before.

Onymoxia
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Onymoxia »

Last edited by Onymoxia on Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Onymoxia
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Onymoxia »

seikur0 wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:23 am
Hi.

First i want to thank you for your good work.

But your table v2.1 which should work with game version 1.3 did not work 100% for me.

The gold part works fine, but the stackable resources still are decreased when used.

I changed the script and uncommented the jumps to case_Normal in the section after "cmp rax,12007". That should prevent all items from updating, or? But it has no influence in the game. Seems that this part is not accessed at all.

On the other side, if i uncomment the jumps to case_Normal in the section above "cmp rax,12007" the game crashes. So the script must be executed at all. Strange.

Is there any other requirement (like version of engine, operating system, processor etc.) i need for that part to work?

seikur0
Code Alchemist
Code Alchemist

Post by seikur0 »

Onymoxia wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:19 am
seikur0 wrote:
Hi.

But your table v2.1 which should work with game version 1.3 did not work 100% for me.

The gold part works fine, but the stackable resources still are decreased when used.

I changed the script and uncommented the jumps to case_Normal in the section after "cmp rax,12007". That should prevent all items from updating, or? But it has no influence in the game. Seems that this part is not accessed at all.

On the other side, if i uncomment the jumps to case_Normal in the section above "cmp rax,12007" the game crashes. So the script must be executed at all. Strange.

Is there any other requirement (like version of engine, operating system, processor etc.) i need for that part to work?
Your system might be allocating your heap memory very low. Are you still using Windows 7 by any chance?
You can try setting the
"define(pointerMinValue,100000000)" to "define(pointerMinValue,10000000)" or even as low as "define(pointerMinValue,3000000)", that might work. Can you post a screenshot of your memory regions?, I need only the start of it, the first 20 entries or so. (In the Memory Viewer hit Strg+R)

Onymoxia
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Onymoxia »

seikur0 wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:47 pm
Onymoxia wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:19 am
seikur0 wrote:
Hi.

Your system might be allocating your heap memory very low. Are you still using Windows 7 by any chance?
You can try setting the
"define(pointerMinValue,100000000)" to "define(pointerMinValue,10000000)" or even as low as "define(pointerMinValue,3000000)", that might work. Can you post a screenshot of your memory regions?, I need only the start of it, the first 20 entries or so. (In the Memory Viewer hit Strg+R)
Thank you for the quick reply.
I am using win97 and "define(pointerMinValue,10000000)" has solved the problem to 99%. Sometimes (maybe 1 in 6) the stack size still decreases but most of the time it worked fine.

btw, here is the memory table
[Link]

seikur0
Code Alchemist
Code Alchemist

Post by seikur0 »

Onymoxia wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:07 am

Thank you for the quick reply.
I am using win97 and "define(pointerMinValue,10000000)" has solved the problem to 99%. Sometimes (maybe 1 in 6) the stack size still decreases but most of the time it worked fine.

btw, here is the memory table
Spoiler
[Link]
So Windows 7 huh? You probably don't have ASLR, so the heap gets allocated in pretty low addresses. You might be able to activate it with this [Link] if you care for it.

Other than that you can still try going lower from 0x10000000 more towards 0x3000000. If it's too low, your game will just crash and you'll know.

Onymoxia
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Onymoxia »

seikur0 wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:19 am
So Windows 7 huh? You probably don't have ASLR, so the heap gets allocated in pretty low addresses. You might be able to activate it with this [Link] if you care for it.

Other than that you can still try going lower from 0x10000000 more towards 0x3000000. If it's too low, your game will just crash and you'll know.
Sorry for my late reply, i was very busy.
I will read some information about this ASLR and maybe try it.

Can you please describe what exactly is the problem of win7 allocating the heap in low addresses.

seikur0
Code Alchemist
Code Alchemist

Post by seikur0 »

Onymoxia wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:49 pm
Sorry for my late reply, i was very busy.
I will read some information about this ASLR and maybe try it.

Can you please describe what exactly is the problem of win7 allocating the heap in low addresses.
It's not a problem of windows 7, more like a problem with that option in my table. That filter of 0x100000000 is just the quick and dirty solution, to distinguish between a pointer to heap memory and the other values, that are similar to 0x28B8B0C.

ASLR is done starting with windows 8 to randomize, where the heap memory gets allocated. That prevents attacks relying on prediction/knowledge where specific heap memory is allocated to inject code or read passwords etc.

For the windows >= 8 systems the 0x100000000 filter barrier seems to be fine, and I just didn't think anyone would still be using windows 7 as that doesn't receive security updates anymore.

FemShep
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by FemShep »

seikur0 wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:58 pm
Just dropping my table with two options here:
-Never decrease gold
-Never decrease stackable resources (i.e. items, also includes horses etc.)

Feel free to add those to your table @Hentai-san.

(Tech-scrolls are not included, they use a different system, I think they aren't even saved as resouce amount but as experience, more similar to gold.)
Working on Steam. Thanks!

mroverrated16
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by mroverrated16 »

Does not work. Unable to check mark the first option. Adding the code gives me "A custom type with RPG VX type already exists". The only thing that works is the cheat table that seikur0 added, which works cause its simple compared to the Just Items one.

Earthsouls
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Earthsouls »

Unsure what i am currently doing wrong, but i am unable to get any tables to work. i have read most of the threads but still come up empty. Any pointers would be helpful.