Distant Worlds 2

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
Griffihn
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Distant Worlds 2

Post by Griffihn »

something i've managed to find while digging around in regards to crashes:
"So I finally found something that works. Just do a search for:
Black screen/instability temporary workaround/improvement (DXVK+Reshade)

The only step I didn't do was to enable the Linear_Gamma_2 shader as it wasn't necessary. This turned up the brightness too much, and the contrast down too far. The game looks fine, and most importantly it doesn't crash."

after a few people applied that, they said the CTD number reduced, being able to even look at battles up close then zooming out to galaxy view. i've yet to try this myself but i hope it can help.

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1

gideon25
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by gideon25 »

Griffihn wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:57 am
something i've managed to find while digging around in regards to crashes:
"So I finally found something that works. Just do a search for:
Black screen/instability temporary workaround/improvement (DXVK+Reshade)

The only step I didn't do was to enable the Linear_Gamma_2 shader as it wasn't necessary. This turned up the brightness too much, and the contrast down too far. The game looks fine, and most importantly it doesn't crash."

after a few people applied that, they said the CTD number reduced, being able to even look at battles up close then zooming out to galaxy view. i've yet to try this myself but i hope it can help.
Game is a bit of a mess. Crashes, TONS of bugs not even related to crashing, almost a complete lack of information given to the player about almost everything, terrible UI.. The lack of info about what the various stats mean and the obtuse UI/information that IS given to the player is ridiculous. Like 8-10 patches already (almost one every other day). HA. It almost seems more like an early Access game.

Whisperer
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Whisperer »

With those reshader settings the UI is a bit wanky here and there, but the game is a lot more fluid. Unfortunately instead of freezes I now do get actual CTD's. I think I'm giving up on it for a little while. It's demoralizing when it's impossible to finish even a single game.

I tend to return to games with extensive tables like yours though, they allow much more creativity in playing. So please don't give up on the game. And thanks again for them.

EDIT: It actually lasted for several hours this time. I wonder, is it possible to cause a 100% success rate on spy missions?

tfigment
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by tfigment »

gideon25 wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:15 pm
Game is a bit of a mess. Crashes, TONS of bugs not even related to crashing, almost a complete lack of information given to the player about almost everything, terrible UI.. The lack of info about what the various stats mean and the obtuse UI/information that IS given to the player is ridiculous. Like 8-10 patches already (almost one every other day). HA. It almost seems more like an early Access game.
If they were not responsive this game dies a quicker death. Unfortunately for them it probably will die fairly quickly anyway. I'm sympathetic in that they are responding quickly showing interest in helping but it sometimes give a bad impression especially when it doesn't fix most of the problems. I saw developers showing up in twitch streams troubleshooting a save crash which they fixed same day. I get the feeling that its a very small dev team and likely do not have a helpful qa team and probably didn't test on a wide variety of hardware. Its a hard road to follow something like No Man Sky which eventually is praised for fixing the bugs early.

But the thing for me is that this game seems like it could be fairly easy to test given how automated everything is. Most of my crashes seem to be when interacting with UI so maybe their testing was too much on the engine and not on the UI.

Its sad for me because for whatever reason I like this game more than Stellaris, Sins of a Solar Empire or Endless Space 2. Anyway hopefully this
Griffihn wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:57 am
i've yet to try this myself but i hope it can help.
Tried this. Messed up initially with x64 directory so it misdetected my monitor resolutions. Only time will tell if it will actually works I guess.

secondguess
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by secondguess »

Hi guys!
First off, awesome what you did here.
Now to my question..
I've downloaded download/file.php?id=41124 in order to change character traits, but it looks like I can only modify my leader..?

What am I doing wrong? I'd like to modify my spies so they become better at counter intelligence.
How can I activate another character?

Sorry for my noob question.
Thanks for your work and your replies!

Best regards!

edit: ok found it out myself.

1st activate -> [X] <- Enable Character Names by Index
2nd activate -> Selected Character Index
3rd double klick on the Character name to the right to get a dropdown menu that lets you change charaters (and traits in another submenu)

works splendid. Thanks for this!

Kahnite
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Kahnite »

WOW gideon25!
If you're still playing DW2, you might want to update the script to 1.0.3.3. Couldn't get diplomacy to work. Research speed still does. Love your work.

Okies
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Okies »

I can't seem to get the fast ship build working. I can get the resource table to work, but no matter which tab on the ship construction screen I'm on, I can't activate the script.

nukemaster171
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by nukemaster171 »

Apparently, if you add too much of bonuses, it will corrupt the save file soo you cant load it anymore. Similar if you tried to change steel from asteroid to calson or krypton change those also cause the game file to corrupt

Okies
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Okies »

nukemaster171 wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:30 am
Apparently, if you add too much of bonuses, it will corrupt the save file soo you cant load it anymore. Similar if you tried to change steel from asteroid to calson or krypton change those also cause the game file to corrupt
For those bonuses it's just as easier and smoother to just use the in-game editor

Atros
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Atros »

nukemaster171 wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:30 am
Any idea about the number? I corrupted save file with trying to make the leader pretty OP with skills.

gideon25
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by gideon25 »

viewtopic.php?p=242632#p242632
EDIT: Updated to 1.0.3.7
1. Updated scripts and pointers. Made a few changes.
2. Removed almost all use of method names from scripts. This SHOULD make it easier and faster to activate most scripts although it is JIT so you must still do some things first or at least once before some scripts will activate.
3. Follow directions in Table.
4. NOTE I would be careful about running the game past the default speed when using large numbers with research/ship speeds/etc. Anything that causes lots of stuff to happen rapidly (especially notifications, etc.) may eventually crash the game as the game is STILL not completely stable and has Im sure tons of bugs left to fix.

VoidL0rd
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by VoidL0rd »

Any way to turn visible specific tech only?

Tschu
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Tschu »

would be someone be so kind to invest time to update one of the tables to 1.0.6.4.
It would be very much appreciated and thank you in advance.

Dethoru
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Dethoru »

Tschu wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:50 pm
would be someone be so kind to invest time to update one of the tables to 1.0.6.4.
I second the sentiment. it would be greatly appreciated as the previous table no longer works at all on latest version.

bikeracer4487
Cheater
Cheater

Post by bikeracer4487 »

Dethoru wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:18 pm
Tschu wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:50 pm
I second the sentiment. it would be greatly appreciated as the previous table no longer works at all on latest version.
Third/bump. Is anyone with know-how still playing this game? Would love an update.