Distant Worlds 2

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
tfigment
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: Distant Worlds 2

Post by tfigment »

gideon25 wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:12 am
Yea im getting a lot of crashes also on changing many things. Game loves to crash. I had lots of things setup that Im going to have to redo cause weird random crashes..
I figured out my mistake on the traits so don't blame it for that crash. That was lots of sloppy mistakes on my part which I will fix in next version. Now trying to find the enum for trait types and bonus types to enumerate so I dont have to try to figure that out manually.

Most of my crash dumps seem to point to nvidia so either game is not properly alloc/freeing resources or bug in nvidia drivers. Which I posted in the general CE forum about random AOBScan bug I seem to be suddenly seeing which not sure if its related but I dont think so.

Edit: Updated my table. Figured out approximate way to enumerate the types which seems to work correctly in this case. Updated table to show traits and bonuses.

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1

TheGodUncle
Cheater
Cheater

Post by TheGodUncle »

I had an enemy ship that wasn't able to die. Does the ships take no damage option also work for enemy ships or is the table not updated for version 1.0.2.1?

tfigment
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by tfigment »

TheGodUncle wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:31 pm
I had an enemy ship that wasn't able to die. Does the ships take no damage option also work for enemy ships or is the table not updated for version 1.0.2.1?
There are 3 tables in the thread. Since I'm most active and have that feature I'll refer to my table. I check the owning empire id = 1 before skipping anything. I've use the table with current patch and was able to destroy enemy ships. Ships can be quite hard to damage in any case.

Obviously the test would be if you can damage it with the hull damage check off.

Edit: There are scenarios I have not tested such as was this originally your ship and it was captured and maybe the game does not change the empire id in this case.

TheGodUncle
Cheater
Cheater

Post by TheGodUncle »

tfigment wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:41 pm
There are 3 tables in the thread. Since I'm most active and have that feature I'll refer to my table. I check the owning empire id = 1 before skipping anything. I've use the table with current patch and was able to destroy enemy ships. Ships can be quite hard to damage in any case.

Obviously the test would be if you can damage it with the hull damage check off.

Edit: There are scenarios I have not tested such as was this originally your ship and it was captured and maybe the game does not change the empire id in this case.
I was referring to yours. I Should have said that. I figured out what the problem was, I used another trainer at the same time to change some things and that seemingly made the game crash. So no problem with your table.

Whisperer
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Whisperer »

Using the GOG 1.0.2.1 the Selected Orb & Ship don't seem to work. The Empire appears to work, so do the scripts (I think, I haven't tested them all).

EDIT: It stated SelectedShip already exists. The Hull damage works for enemy ships, since I completely disabled a ship but hull remains stuck on 100%.

EDIT2: Starting a new game the SlectedShip and Orb do appear to work. Figures.

tfigment
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by tfigment »

Whisperer wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:46 pm
There are definitely funky things going on with this game though not as bad as others I've seen. The use of normal .NET means lots of JIT related issues usually not found in Unity games. Restarting may make things work better just due to sequence of events and order of compiling functions. I also changed the search space to 7FF000000 or something and that could be too restrictive which is why things may not be found. I had to do that because it was otherwise unbearably slow on my machine.

gideon25
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by gideon25 »

tfigment wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:47 am
Whisperer wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:46 pm
There are definitely funky things going on with this game though not as bad as others I've seen. The use of normal .NET means lots of JIT related issues usually not found in Unity games. Restarting may make things work better just due to sequence of events and order of compiling functions. I also changed the search space to 7FF000000 or something and that could be too restrictive which is why things may not be found. I had to do that because it was otherwise unbearably slow on my machine.
Yea I saw that and redid a LOT of my scripts that way, thanks! All of mine had been using aobscanregion with the method names and having to use reinitializeDotNetSymbolhandler() because cheat engine kept deactivating its .net. And reinitializeDotNetSymbolhandler() is SLOW. HOWEVER, I still needed to use it a few times because otherwise some of the aobs were ridiculously long. I had a script to use with mono games when cheat engine deactivates its mono (the script checks to see if mono is activated and then activates it). Not sure WHAT to use to check and see if the .Net is deactivated though except to put that einitializeDotNetSymbolhandler() at the top of the script where I only REALLY need to use method names..

The game is still rather unstable when cheating many things.. Its like it can't handle the extra stress of all of my ships going really fast, no hyperdrive coodldowns, instant survey/explore,infinite fuel & energy,etc. I set ALL of those things on at once (which effects ALL of my ships, even the civilian ones) and let it run at 4x to see how it handles it :P Well..The no cool downs and massive speeds means my explorer ships hop into a system scan REALLY quick then hop into another system and so on. Have 15-20 explorer ships doing that at the same time and you get constant discovery notifications.. Eventually it crashes. So i am going to test each script to try to find "safe" values/speeds for the cooldowns, etc..

So far I have hacked all the ship stuff and movement (which effects ALL player ships), the Research system (to allow all techs shown and researched and bypass resource needs, costs,race restrictions, etc). Also have hacked the ship designer to death :P Also corruption, instant colony build for facilities, etc.. Still working on a few more things. Plan to add some things like diplomacy cheats, instant assimilation, maybe some happiness stuff..

Whisperer
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Whisperer »

Speed for the ships would be amazing. By the time my fleets reach the front-line I already lost several colonies.

tfigment, care to make an educated guess if GOG vs Steam is to blame for the Hull Damage option working for enemies? Seems so strange for that script to break and the others not.

Also, I just had a revolution and got a new leader afterward with Bonus Length 6 and Max Bonus Length 8. The extras didn't seem to be at +110 though. But I could easily be wrong.

gideon25
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by gideon25 »

Whisperer wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:25 am
Speed for the ships would be amazing. By the time my fleets reach the front-line I already lost several colonies.

tfigment, care to make an educated guess if GOG vs Steam is to blame for the Hull Damage option working for enemies? Seems so strange for that script to break and the others not.

Also, I just had a revolution and got a new leader afterward with Bonus Length 6 and Max Bonus Length 8. The extras didn't seem to be at +110 though. But I could easily be wrong.
EDIT: Updated to 1.0.3.7
1. Updated scripts and pointers. Made a few changes.
2. Removed almost all use of method names from scripts. This SHOULD make it easier and faster to activate most scripts although it is JIT so you must still do some things first or at least once before some scripts will activate.
3. Follow directions in Table.
4. NOTE I would be careful about running the game past the default speed when using large numbers with research/ship speeds/etc. Anything that causes lots of stuff to happen rapidly (especially notifications, etc.) may eventually crash the game as the game is STILL not completely stable and has Im sure tons of bugs left to fix.

EDIT: Updated to 1.0.2.6
Added more (See Screenshot)
Instant Mining, Colony Approval stuff, Diplomacy, Adjust Planet/Colony Size (affect max Population)

Ok so this is NOT ready for primetime. The only Shared aob with tfigments Table is the Research multiplier..just cause I could not find a better/good place to do it so you won't be able to use his research multiplier. Its included with my main research script. Follow the instructions very carefully to make sure each script can activate. The game does JIT code so that means the code does not even exist for the scripts until you have done something in the game to create the code for it. Once you do that though its all good until the end of the play session and you close game (or it crashes :)

SAVE Often. NOTE: The ship Designer Hacks script: Design Bay Restrictions *Far Less* Will allow you to put any module into the grey uncolored slots. So you can add a bunch more engines or weapons, etc. Also it allows you to use all your engine slots as well. The ignore crew requirements means you don't need crew modules.. Zero cost means no money cost (but still resources). NOTE: These STICK with the design once you save it. And the research ones are useful as well :P

Like I said save often as its experimental. This DRAMATICALLY increases the pace of the game when you enable all the ship hacks so be very careful about setting the game speed anything beyond normal..Game may not be able to handle it.
Attachments
DistantWorlds2_1.0.3.7_G25.CT
Updated to 1.0.3.7
(719.06 KiB) Downloaded 734 times
DistantWorlds2_1.0.2.6_G25.CT
For Game version 1.0.2.6
(708.65 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
DistantWorlds2_G25.CT
For Game version 1.0.2.4
(688.54 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
Last edited by gideon25 on Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tfigment
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by tfigment »

Whisperer wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:25 am
tfigment, care to make an educated guess if GOG vs Steam is to blame for the Hull Damage option working for enemies?
I reviewed the code again and I think the register I was using just happened to work but could be set differenting. So the fact that it worked surprises me actually. Anyway I set to what is the correct register but haven't had time to really test

Whisperer
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Whisperer »

No more crashes than usual. Unfortunately even when using minimal cheats (setting the money to "freeze but increase only" and creating a single habitable world in every star) system, the player empire already becomes so powerful nobody wants to make war on them or do any kind of diplomacy because they are too powerful. So it's a bit hard to test. Fighting beasties works, although the individual components can still get damaged enough for a ship to become disabled and flee. If only the hive came close enough to test it thoroughly.

Game really is massive. Even with the smallest map it seems impossible to reach the other end. They should have done vassalage or something.

gideon25
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by gideon25 »

Whisperer wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:03 pm
No more crashes than usual. Unfortunately even when using minimal cheats (setting the money to "freeze but increase only" and creating a single habitable world in every star) system, the player empire already becomes so powerful nobody wants to make war on them or do any kind of diplomacy because they are too powerful.
You can cross the galaxy pretty quick with my ship cheats :P Now you can also hack on some diplomacy stuff:

EDIT: Updated to 1.0.2.6
Added more (See Screenshot)
Instant Mining, Colony Approval stuff, Diplomacy, Adjust Planet/Colony Size (affect max Population)
viewtopic.php?p=242632#p242632

tfigment
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by tfigment »

gideon25 wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:34 pm
Table looks good. I ended up adding fast build Troops to mine as I found those to be painfully slow to build for invasions. Dont really want to cheat hard so don't even use a lot of my own cheats. What I want is to be able to better script the AI in a few areas or even just understand what half the things do. Unfortunately they have chosen to make it hard enough to inject .net code to not make me want to bother.

Regarding crashes, 16+ of my crashes are in nvwgf2umx.dll due to corrupt memory while only 4 seem to be in .NET code other games are stable. Unfortunately nothing I have found to isolate the cause but almost always when zooming in and out of systems by some means.

Whisperer
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Whisperer »

The crashes appear to be graphics-related. They start happening once most of the galaxy has been explored and then about 3/4 of the time when zooming in on a system when it draws the individual planetary bodies. Usually it just freezes and becomes totally non-responsive. Very rarely it'll crash the entire GPU driver upon loading, which then continues to happen until a reboot. I have yet to see a finished game.

Is it possible to enumerate the list of characters and their index number? Maybe a script to print the list to the screen? Playing spy wars is kind of fun but annoying with lots of characters.

Those diplomacy options look interesting. Finally find out what alliances have for effect.

Really amazing work those two tables by the way.

tfigment
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by tfigment »

Whisperer wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:42 pm
Is it possible to enumerate the list of characters and their index number? Maybe a script to print the list to the screen? Playing spy wars is kind of fun but annoying with lots of characters.
Sure. Added to my table. I found the same thing to be annoying but not quite annoy enough to do it earlier.