mGBA Pokemon Unbound Inventory + Team Editor

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
ArcByte
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: mGBA Pokemon Unbound Inventory Editor

Post by ArcByte »

Ok so i actually found how to add new items albeit tedious. If you select a slot and it's value copy them and paste it in the same slots cheat engine displays them (i right clicked an item and hit paste). After doing so rename the slot to the next number that it should be, then double click the second to last slot address (not value) to check what +(number) it is; if +0,10,20 etc set the new item to +4, 14, 24 or if it's a +4 variation set it to +8, 18, 28 etc. if it's showing a +8 variation set it to a variation of (number)c's so if +8 address value set the new item to +c, if +18 set the new item to 1c and so on, and last of all if the item address before the new item you're adding is a (number)c variation just set the new item address to a 10 variation so if the item before ur new one is 1c set the new one to +20. The address of the value header should always be +2. Once you're done all that just choose the item you want by double clicking the blank slot under value tab (or whatever the item it shows that u copy pasted) and set the value header to 1 so the item appears in your bag. I may not be the greatest at explaining things but i hope this helps people that are trying to cheat key items and don't want them in the non key item categories.
here is an example in images:
(non cheated item)
(cheated item)

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1

MinccinoClefairy
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: mGBA Pokemon Unbound Inventory + Team Editor

Post by MinccinoClefairy »

Amazing, ArcByte!! Thank you for the detailed tutorial with screenshots! 👏 It would be awesome if we could figure out how to patch these hacks into the rom itself, then we could do things like transfer our saves to the 3ds, etc.! I tried to patch it myself, but I got confused along the way, hahaha.

You guys are talented, thank you for your innovations! :)

Keks4Gaming
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Keks4Gaming »

MinccinoClefairy wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:15 pm
Amazing, ArcByte!! Thank you for the detailed tutorial with screenshots! 👏 It would be awesome if we could figure out how to patch these hacks into the rom itself, then we could do things like transfer our saves to the 3ds, etc.! I tried to patch it myself, but I got confused along the way, hahaha.

You guys are talented, thank you for your innovations! :)
What do you mean with "patch the hacks into the rom". Can you explain? Maybe i can help when i understand what you want to do :)

Greetings Keks

javitu
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by javitu »

Thanks a lot

jatx50
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by jatx50 »

Thank you for this editor! Seems the SpD IV editor isn't working as expected. The symbol on the stats page doesn't change when editing the SpD value and it seems to influence the IVS for both Speed and SpA. I'm editing right after choosing a starter.

Keks4Gaming
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Keks4Gaming »

jatx50 wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:36 pm
Thank you for this editor! Seems the SpD IV editor isn't working as expected. The symbol on the stats page doesn't change when editing the SpD value and it seems to influence the IVS for both Speed and SpA. I'm editing right after choosing a starter.
I will have a look at the table. Thanks for the report :)

Greetings Keks

whocares123
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by whocares123 »

This is awesome, thanks so much! 🙂 Changing the pokemon's species, and support for hidden abilities, would be amazing!

jatx50
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by jatx50 »

Keks4Gaming wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:43 pm
jatx50 wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:36 pm
I will have a look at the table. Thanks for the report :)

Greetings Keks
Thanks for making the fix!

whocares123
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by whocares123 »

I've found how to change the pokemon's Nature, and thought I'd share it in case it's helpful. It's a little fiddly, though. Maybe this info helps to integrate it into the table :)

In Cheat Engine, connect to mGBA as described above, and Get Start Address. The address of the first pokemon slot is also its [Link]. Right-click this address in the table and choose "Browse this memory region". In the bottom-half (with all the hex values) you can now overwrite the byte at this address (it's in the top-left corner).

In the game, check what Nature your first pokemon has, and note the corresponding number in [Link]. Let's say it's Modest (15), and you want to change it to Adamant (3). This means that you have to subtract 0xC (12) from the byte at the address of the first pokemon. Because 15 - 12 = 3. Make sure you subtract the value as Hex, not Decimal.

This can cause the Gender to change. To change from Female to Male, keep adding 0x19 (25) to the byte until the pokemon becomes Male. To change from Male to Female, keep subtracting 0x19.

To change the Nature of a different pokemon in your party, just move it to the front, and repeat the steps above.
Last edited by whocares123 on Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

whocares123
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by whocares123 »

And the species is at offset 0x20 after the slot's start address :) It is 2 bytes long, and you can simply set it to any value from [Link]. Note that e.g. Rotom forms are just done as separate species.

jatx50
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by jatx50 »

Can confirm that both of the methods work! Thanks! Just need to figure out hidden abilities now.

whocares123
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by whocares123 »

jatx50 wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:56 am
Just need to figure out hidden abilities now.
The "Ability" field in the table seems to be the hidden ability. When I set it to 1 on a Gligar, it changed from Hyper Cutter to Immunity (which is the hidden ability). So to get the hidden ability, setting this to 1 should be enough (no need for the steps below).

As for the non-hidden Abilities, they are in the lowest (first) bit of the Personality Value. That's the same address as the pokemon slot itself. If this bit is 0, the pokemon has its first Ability. If it's 1, it has its second Ability. But the Nature is also in this first byte, so if you change the Ability, the Nature also changes. To get both, you can first set the Nature (see my earlier post), and then if the ability isn't what you want, add or subtract 0x19 (25) from the first byte. This should keep the Nature, but switch to the other (non-hidden) ability.

rudm09
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by rudm09 »

Thanks for all the work this table made me start to play this game again,now i just want a shiny option :P

Keks4Gaming
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Keks4Gaming »

Hey guys I hear you and read actively!

I am currently working on a generator for the personality value. With this it will be possible to give a pokemon all the mentioned properties like shininess, 1st or 2nd ability, gender and the nature of your choice. Of course, this should be intuitive and easy to use, so it will take some time. The possibility to force the hidden ability already exists, its in the IV's and called 2nd ability which is wrong and already fixed in the table iam working on.

Furthermore I found a simple way to give slots to an inventory, as well as I added the values for the trainer itself (money, name, ID, etc.).

Also a way to change the pokemon itself is now already included, but there can be problems if exp, level and pokemon do not match.

As soon as the generator for the personality value works I upload the new table. Stay tuned.

Greetings Keks

Zcoooooob
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Zcoooooob »

I did'nt get any errors, thank you again!