Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
Ukotas
Noobzor
Noobzor

Re: Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition

Post by Ukotas »

++METHOS wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:39 pm
Once we have the instruction that handles that data, it becomes easy; just pick up a different weapon and you will see the value change in the cheat table.
Haha, thanks but I guess I should have been more clear. :P
I actually meant how you managed to find the instruction handling weapon's data.
From my own experiments, I don't think it is a value that changes each time you switch weapons.

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1

++METHOS
Administration
Administration

Post by ++METHOS »

Ukotas wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:07 am
I actually meant how you managed to find the instruction handling weapon's data.
From my own experiments, I don't think it is a value that changes each time you switch weapons.
-It is difficult for me to remember, exactly, as I am always jumping around, working on different things. However, when the weapon changes, the address changes if I recall correctly, so I probably used ultimap to find the sub-routine where this particular instruction was located. I also use IDA pro sometimes, but I do not remember if it was used for this.

Floydandsome
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Floydandsome »

Just ran some more tests for the table
I realized the heat level doesn't seem to go away automatically after away from the police's searching area. I have to disable it manually from the table, but it's small issue I think.

And is there a limit on animation speed for the character?
I find that the enemies speed value tends to be able to speed up way more than Wei, I can't move my character properly once the speed value exceeded 2

++METHOS
Administration
Administration

Post by ++METHOS »

Floydandsome wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:00 am
Just ran some more tests for the table
I realized the heat level doesn't seem to go away automatically after away from the police's searching area. I have to disable it manually from the table, but it's small issue I think.
-I will take a look when I have more time. I want to say that I changed this some time ago so that the heat level would automatically update whenever you manually changed the value because when I was running tests, I became tired of having to hunt down a police officer and break the law in order for the heat level to actually initialized.
Floydandsome wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:00 am
I find that the enemies speed value tends to be able to speed up way more than Wei, I can't move my character properly once the speed value exceeded 2
-I remember this vaguely now, but I think you have to hold down the run button/key. Once it gets going, it should work.

Floydandsome
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Floydandsome »

I will take a look when I have more time.
Thank you. But it's okay if you find that tedious, it's not a big issue, I can do it manually.
but I think you have to hold down the run button/key. Once it gets going, it should work.
Oh it is working now. But the punching animation still stuck if the speed value exceeded 2, and the charcter will levitate in the air when running downhill. Not sure if it is the game mechanics causing this because of the momentum of his running speed.

About the weapon changer, I found that some weapons could not be input like the blade from the Screen Legend DLC. It seems that the weapon won't change even I typed the value (F898) whilst holding another melee weapon (I also noticed you can't changed guns to melee weapon, the Char will just throw it away)

Btw, I have tried the teleport function, it is nicely done, especially the vehicle teleportation. Really helpful when doing missions :D

++METHOS
Administration
Administration

Post by ++METHOS »

Floydandsome wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:32 am
But the punching animation still stuck if the speed value exceeded 2,
-Not sure what you mean. I did not experience any issues like this. The only problem that I observed was relating to what we discussed already regarding the attacks not landing sometimes.
Floydandsome wrote:
and the charcter will levitate in the air when running downhill. Not sure if it is the game mechanics causing this because of the momentum of his running speed.
-You might need to check to see what other features you have enabled. Either way, I do not intend on working on the animation feature beyond what it is now. Sorry.
Floydandsome wrote:
About the weapon changer, I found that some weapons could not be input like the blade from the Screen Legend DLC.
-DLC items may be problematic, I do not know.
Floydandsome wrote:
I also noticed you can't changed guns to melee weapon, the Char will just throw it away
-Please understand that the weapon changer is not yet finished. It would be better to not report on issues regarding this feature because it has not been finalized. Thanks.
Floydandsome wrote:
Btw, I have tried the teleport function, it is nicely done, especially the vehicle teleportation. Really helpful when doing missions :D
-Yes, I spent a lot of time trying to get something reasonable that did not cause me to pull my hair out. It is not perfect, but I think that it is good enough now.

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate it.

Floydandsome
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Floydandsome »

-Not sure what you mean. I did not experience any issues like this. The only problem that I observed was relating to what we discussed already regarding the attacks not landing sometimes.
Let say I set my Char speed above 2, the punching animation seems a bit wonky like the punch couldn't perform fully. I tried to slow down the game speed but the problem still persist. The running animation has no problem except it takes sometimes for it to adapt.

Btw, I just realized If you run into a car in the back while enabling Super speed + animation speed + nullify attack can launch a car is super speed which is pretty cool

++METHOS
Administration
Administration

Post by ++METHOS »

Floydandsome wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:58 pm
Let say I set my Char speed above 2, the punching animation seems a bit wonky like the punch couldn't perform fully. I tried to slow down the game speed but the problem still persist.
-I see. Yes, this is not a bug. Similar to before, this is just how the game handles these things. It could probably be fixed, but I am not interested in doing anything else with the animation feature. It was my understanding that you were mostly interested in being able to run fast. :D
Floydandsome wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:58 pm
Btw, I just realized If you run into a car in the back while enabling Super speed + animation speed + nullify attack can launch a car is super speed which is pretty cool
-This is because of how the filter works for vehicle/player. It does not actually register once the player is 'occupying' the vehicle, but it will register once the player is 'near' a vehicle. This is also why you might see some issues with speed/freeze/teleport or other features that are vehicle-specific.

Floydandsome
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Floydandsome »

It was my understanding that you were mostly interested in being able to run fast.
True. Though it is getting harder to control when speeding over 2 and slow down times, I found that with animation speed at 2 while super speed value at 3 or 5 works best for gameplay. Including punch while slow-mo
This is because of how the filter works for vehicle/player. It does not actually register once the player is 'occupying' the vehicle, but it will register once the player is 'near' a vehicle. This is also why you might see some issues with speed/freeze/teleport or other features that are vehicle-specific.
I see. No wonder why sometimes when I levitate the char, some vehicles will float with it. But it is fun to play with so it's not a problem for me :D

Ukotas
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Ukotas »

++METHOS wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:04 am
However, when the weapon changes, the address changes if I recall correctly,
Thanks for the explanation, so I reckon the change in address is where the weapon id resides.
If so, I reckon it is meaningless to try and search for a change in id since it is the address that change, not the id itself.

++METHOS
Administration
Administration

Post by ++METHOS »

Ukotas wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:11 am
I reckon it is meaningless to try and search for a change in id since it is the address that change, not the id itself.
-Yes. Every weapon or item has its own data structure. We are just changing the 'type' within its own structure. That being said, there may be a single address that stores this data (e.g. that checks for item being held by player or similar), but I did not find anything like that. It proved easier to just find an instruction that handles that dynamic data.

We also have to consider that there are different ID's for each weapon. For example, there is an ID for weapon for mechanics (which we have), an ID for UI/weapon icon (which we have), an ID for labels and probably 3D components etc.. We are calling them ID's but they are really just values. I am just saying that changing the weapon in this game cannot be done by simply changing a single value; there are several values that need to be changed, and we have to find them all. I have not found everything yet, which is why it is not yet finished.

To make things more difficult, the values that we need to find are not handled by the same addresses, so we cannot simply search for changed/unchanged etc., we need to find where the data is being handled, then figure out where, exactly, in the sub-routine it is being applied. Oftentimes, you may not even be looking in the right sub-routine. It can take a lot of time.

I suspected that it would be this way, which is why I did not really want to put much time into it since I knew that it would be tedious and time-consuming. It is similar to the invincible vehicle feature...where there were about 7 different injection points for that because there are all kinds of different damage that can occur to vehicles. Even I did not find them all, but I have most of them, which is good enough.

Another thing to consider, which adds to the complexity of this, is that changing the 3D object may not even be possible without simultaneously changing several other values, else the target may crash. So, we may never even know what to change. This is why I also tried other approaches, such as using the outfit changer or manipulating the in-game spawner to give us what we want. The work in these areas is not yet finished, as I have only briefly looked at them. There are many creative angles that can be looked at.

Now, there may be a way to change a single value, since all data structures/objects/entities etc. will likely have a base, where we can simply swap it out with something else, then everything underneath it in the pointer tree updates with it, which is ultimately what we would like to find. However, if we cannot find that, then we settle with the major things, like mechanics and hopefully 3D mesh/object data.

I am sure that there are probably people that are much more experienced and knowledgeable, that might laugh at me because they know of a much better/easier way to go about it, but I can only speculate and I just have to work with what I have for now.

Ukotas
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Ukotas »

++METHOS wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:41 am
I am sure that there are probably people that are much more experienced and knowledgeable, that might laugh at me because they know of a much better/easier way to go about it, but I can only speculate and I just have to work with what I have for now.
Thank you for the detailed explanation of your process. It was truly informative.

This game has been out for almost a decade now. Considering that a way to obtain weapons was one of the most requested feature and we are only now making some headway due to your efforts, I would say your skills are nothing to laugh at.

Frouk
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Frouk »

Hey ++METHOS you can search up game timer while not in menu and then make smart regeneration system like:

Code: Select all

-- USER SETTINGS
local passiveRegen = 0.0 --if hurted then don't regen
local activeRegen = 4.0 --if not hurted anymore
local interval = 1 --seconds
--USER SETTINGS END
local health = readFloat('player+34') --or double,integer,qword
local lastDmgTime = 0
regenTimer = createTimer(nil)
regenTimer.Enabled = true
regenTimer.Interval = 1000 * interval
regenTimer.OnTimer = function()
  local timer = readInteger(timerInteger) --just like getTickCount() but limits in integer or qword
  if readFloat('player+34') < health then
    health = readFloat('player+34')
    lastDmgTime = timer
  end
  local isHurted = timer - lastDamageTime > 5000 --how many time you decide
  local regen = isHurted and activeRegen or passiveRegen
  if readFloat('player+34') > readFloat('player+38') then
    writeFloat('player+34',readFloat('player+38')) --restoring health if health more than max health
  end
  if readFloat('player+34') > 0 --[[if player died then don't regen]] and readFloat('player+34') < readFloat('player+38')--[[max health]] then
    writeFloat('player+34',readFloat('player+38'))
    health = readFloat('player+38')
  end
end

Floydandsome
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Floydandsome »

-I have not experienced this problem. Do you have any hotkeys or other features that might be interfering? Unless someone else reports this issue, I have to assume that the problem is local to your machine.
I've double checked and make sure there's no hotkey interfering the table. But I realized when I am enabling the Animation speed function, the game will freeze itself frequently while running on the street with a weapon in hand. I am not sure if anyone experienced this as well.

EddiePulaski
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by EddiePulaski »

Hi Methos, could you please make NPCs invincible? So it's like infinite health option but not for a player, for NPCs. It would be cool to have endless fights, especially in the training gym! Thanks