Wartales Early Access

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
tfigment
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: Wartales Early Access

Post by tfigment »

Vandermeer wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:21 pm
I tried to would like to see a tutorial for this too. Respec costs way too much. Also I would like to see how to do edits on health or armor, or at the very least valor points.
"Array of byte" search for "45 8B 19 44 89 5D F8 41" then Right Click | "Disassemble this memory region" then on the selected code ( mov r11d,[r9] ) Right click | "Find out what addresses this code accesses" . Let it run for 5 seconds and stop. Change type to 4 Byte. For me, on world map you get Gold/Influence/Happiness/Valour Points/Knowledge Accum/Knowledge Points pretty much one after the other at the bottom of that list. Double click to add to table. Note that first values found are usually inventory counts.

You can then change Valour Points in combat to give you unlimited points. If the value ever becomes zero it will stop working and one must search again when non-zero. Also resets on reload of save.

The isosplx table a page back or so worked for me for character edits. I since made some minor tweaks so profession worked but think it was working for character out of battle. Couldn't make the equivalent work for in battle for additional actions or movement though.

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1

Vandermeer
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Vandermeer »

tfigment wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:39 am
"Array of byte" search for "45 8B 19 44 89 5D F8 41" then Right Click | "Disassemble this memory region" then on the selected code ( mov r11d,[r9] ) Right click | "Find out what addresses this code accesses" . Let it run for 5 seconds and stop. Change type to 4 Byte. For me, on world map you get Gold/Influence/Happiness/Valour Points/Knowledge Accum/Knowledge Points pretty much one after the other at the bottom of that list. Double click to add to table. Note that first values found are usually inventory counts.

You can then change Valour Points in combat to give you unlimited points. If the value ever becomes zero it will stop working and one must search again when non-zero. Also resets on reload of save.

The isosplx table a page back or so worked for me for character edits. I since made some minor tweaks so profession worked but think it was working for character out of battle. Couldn't make the equivalent work for in battle for additional actions or movement though.
Thank you very much for the explanation. A new method for me. I tried it, but sadly I think this might not be applicable on the latest version anymore. I had to try multiple times at first because the "find out addresses" part actually crashes CE and the game after only 1-2 seconds of search. Eventually I had a list though, and indeed the gold, influence, happiness and valour were either on top or bottom.
...However, they aren't able to change anything. Just like with when you search for the gold values the old fashioned way, all the addresses you find are somehow cross-checked and immediately revert to their original value after change. Even the value freeze function does not prevent this.
I also tried to do this in combat since you mentioned valour could be adjusted there, but there was no change.

Maybe there is another route through this? Is savegame editing for this game a thing yet? (I tried looking at it in hex, but there are no clear patterns) If I could just make a couple companions hulk out for a single combat, then revert, that would also do it.

///Edit: Oh, I should mention, maybe my case is more special since I use an Ironman save which is probably more protected. Silly me thought that using "Easy" fight and campaign with Ironman would lead to a fair exciting game, but the Dev was like Defend Helm's Deep with three toothpicks and a chewing gum.

tfigment
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by tfigment »

Vandermeer wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:51 pm
///Edit: Oh, I should mention, maybe my case is more special since I use an Ironman save which is probably more protected. Silly me thought that using "Easy" fight and campaign with Ironman would lead to a fair exciting game, but the Dev was like Defend Helm's Deep with three toothpicks and a chewing gum.
Ok in that case they may be using the encoded version which is (x * 0x17) ^ 0x5b62db6d. That is usually the 4 bytes prior to the display value. Guessing that they compare the values and if its a ironman save ignore/crash game if they do not match.

I will play with Ironman save and see if that is the case for me. I do have a custom "Wartales Packed Integer" that I wrote up but then figured out it wasn't actually necessary. But maybe it is for ironman case.

Edit: Debugger may also make a difference. I have CE setup for VEH with Int3 Instructions.

Edit 2: With my Ironman save, I could change Valour Points no problem. (Also using Steam version with DirectX if it matters). I was unable to change Influence but was able to with my "Wartales Integer" and looking at its addr+4 for Influence. So looks like sometimes they use the packed value some times they use the other value.

Edit 3: Added my Wartales Integer datatype script. Run once and it adds a new datatype called "Wartales Integer" which encodes/decodes their integers. You can search on them and change them. (Not recommended to use the Wartales Packed Integer at this time). If you AOB scan for (8B 11 89 55 FC 4C 8B 55) you can see references to those and maybe your other values which cannot be changed will show there or under normal searching using the new type.

Edit 4: On fresh save you can edit values but after they change on ironman they are encoded. Then you have to use the encoded search but the address and custom type I posted worked fine for me on those values.
Attachments
WartalesInteger.ct
Encoded Wartales Integer Data Type
(2.33 KiB) Downloaded 926 times

Vandermeer
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Vandermeer »

tfigment wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:59 am
I will play with Ironman save and see if that is the case for me. I do have a custom "Wartales Packed Integer" that I wrote up but then figured out it wasn't actually necessary. But maybe it is for ironman case.

Edit: Debugger may also make a difference. I have CE setup for VEH with Int3 Instructions.

Edit 2: With my Ironman save, I could change Valour Points no problem. (Also using Steam version with DirectX if it matters). I was unable to change Influence but was able to with my "Wartales Integer" and looking at its addr+4 for Influence. So looks like sometimes they use the packed value some times they use the other value.

Edit 3: Added my Wartales Integer datatype script. Run once and it adds a new datatype called "Wartales Integer" which encodes/decodes their integers. You can search on them and change them. (Not recommended to use the Wartales Packed Integer at this time). If you AOB scan for (8B 11 89 55 FC 4C 8B 55) you can see references to those and maybe your other values which cannot be changed will show there or under normal searching using the new type.
Woah, that worked. I changed my settings like you described in edit1, which fixed the crashes.
Using the original integers would still not work, but after comparing the addr+4 with your packed integers script, I gained manipulable entries they finally stuck. They even neatly line up next to each other:

I am now going to go into that accursed battle, gloves off. Thank you for all the effort. I have no idea how you figured this out, but you must belong to the secret Wartales Witcher class. (because in German, that translates to "Hexer" ;) )

Mikebrowkisen
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Mikebrowkisen »

Is anyone considering updating this table? if you need insentiv I can drop 10 dollars for whomever gets this working just send paypal

dfw3214
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by dfw3214 »

HI GUYS SORRY I wouldn't say English so The following are in Chinese

hi 朋友们 这个是我正在自用的CT 但是因为我主要使用的是物品指针 修改物品 所以其他功能并没有完全测试 实际使用中有可能会出现问题 希望其他朋友可以根据我使用的表格 更新完善 以供大家使用
Attachments
Wartales_v1.20634.CT
(90.07 KiB) Downloaded 1362 times

tfigment
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by tfigment »

Mikebrowkisen wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:52 pm
Is anyone considering updating this table? if you need insentiv I can drop 10 dollars for whomever gets this working just send paypal
Not sure what you are looking for but I've made some updates to zanzer's and merged in some features from table's in this thread over there as it works slightly better for me at least for global pointers.

sigmawing
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by sigmawing »

So I followed the directions and I can change valor points but not money. It keeps changing back to the original number. Anyway to make it stick?

tfigment
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by tfigment »

sigmawing wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:35 am
So I followed the directions and I can change valor points but not money. It keeps changing back to the original number. Anyway to make it stick?
Try this table instead: viewtopic.php?p=275253#p275253

Zanzer has reliable way of finding the global values and you can use my "Wartales Integer" to decode. If one doesn't change then the other probably will.

larskl90
Cheater
Cheater

Post by larskl90 »

no updates?

tfigment
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by tfigment »

larskl90 wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:40 pm
no updates?
See my post above this post for the only table that I know of that sort of works here. I'm not actively updating it but it doesn't seem broken to me with last update. Its mostly zanzers with some of this table (l7lRaziel ?) with some of my minor updates that I wanted.

Geao
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Geao »

question any of these tables have the (mouse over an item) working?

edited: never mind found it xD

larskl90
Cheater
Cheater

Post by larskl90 »

Geao wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:18 am

where?

Geao
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Geao »

larskl90 wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:20 pm
Geao wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:18 am

where?
you can find it at "z Wartales" sorry been too busy these days

natsuyaki
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by natsuyaki »

Hi every one,

Does anyone have a working Items ID list? I have found one online but it doesn't always work. Some items it get it to switch in my inventory and other just gets messed up and i get a bugged item in my stash.

So far the only item that have a good chance in spawning, are the arena items. But becarefull when spawning them cause they for some reason don't have a "normal" attack so your stuck only with valor attack. If you party does not have valor your basically screwed.

What i also have found out is when you mess up adding the item ID it changes EVERY item in game. So any one know a safe way to spawn items? Cause i fear that if i swap the start pitch for for a legendary one :P all peasant and so on will spawn with one :D

Would increase the difficult but rather not