Monster Hunter Stories 2 - steam version (SeiKur0)

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
kratitos
Cheater
Cheater

Re: Monster Hunter Stories 2 - steam version (SeiKur0)

Post by kratitos »

seikur0 wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:30 pm
kratitos wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:34 pm
Question, would it be possible to add Reverto's greatsword skills to the main character? It sucks that he has all those cool moves and we cant even use them
Temporarily, yes for sure. I've already seen that the monster structure contains a list of available battle skills, I'd expect that to be similar for the characters too. That list resets after each battle (based on genes for monsters), but if you disable that behavior, it would work.
That'd be amazing for future updates, thanks for the info and thanks for the table, everything works perfect.

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1

BurningFlareX
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by BurningFlareX »

Would it be possible to make a script that removes Navirou, like at the very start of the game? Or at least in the hub worlds.

Don't like him being around all the time. :mellow:

seikur0
Code Alchemist
Code Alchemist

Post by seikur0 »

But if you removed Navirou, there wouldn't be any dialogues in the game or at least it would feel very weird.
And how would you explain donuts being in the game without him? And who would harass the kittens you meet?

(I guess you could corrupt his model or exchange it, so it's not there anymore, you'd have to do that yourself.)

On a side note I tracked down how exactly the game ties the id from the editors to the monster type string. Genes, battles skills etc. should be similar. So the monster id is turned into some internal id, then that's the index for an array of pointers to strings like Monster_123 (which is also another number right there). Then there is a hash map with some sort of shared pointer, that maps the string to the actual monster name "Velocidrome". I'll be extracting some of these strings for my dropdowns, so they're always current and complete. I think I can create some data lists with that :)

chaosblade02
Cheater
Cheater

Post by chaosblade02 »

Thanks a bunch for the table, I've been looking for one that has options like this.

aPlax
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by aPlax »

s091020 wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:50 am
Hi, thank you for making this great table. However, I am not able to access to functions of the table. Once I active the table, it shows "replaced 0 / 8 anti-veh, 0 / 1 anti-breapoint and 0 / 58 anti-memory injection/misc locations. " and I am not able to active the following functions. How should I fix the problem?
Yeah I've got same issue, got one run to work with collection luck on then stopped working. Can anyone help on this issue?

thedevilking143
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by thedevilking143 »

Everytime I edit my monstie and go into a fight the game crashes. Am I doing something wrong?

seikur0
Code Alchemist
Code Alchemist

Post by seikur0 »

aPlax wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:49 pm
s091020 wrote:
Hi, thank you for making this great table. However, I am not able to access to functions of the table. Once I active the table, it shows "replaced 0 / 8 anti-veh, 0 / 1 anti-breapoint and 0 / 58 anti-memory injection/misc locations. " and I am not able to active the following functions. How should I fix the problem?
Yeah I've got same issue, got one run to work with collection luck on then stopped working. Can anyone help on this issue?
thedevilking143 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:46 am
Everytime I edit my monstie and go into a fight the game crashes. Am I doing something wrong?
See the updated troubleshoot / faq section in the main post for that.

thedevilking143
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by thedevilking143 »

seikur0 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:31 am
aPlax wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:49 pm
s091020 wrote:
thedevilking143 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:46 am
See the updated troubleshoot / faq section in the main post for that.
So my whole save file is corrupt, every time I start a fight, no matter what monstie my game crashes, I don't even use the edited monsties and I don't know what else could have caused the issue. The other options worked fine for me without any problems, I didn't even edit something strange except for a few genes because I wanted to test if that works.

seikur0
Code Alchemist
Code Alchemist

Post by seikur0 »

thedevilking143 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:05 pm
So my whole save file is corrupt, every time I start a fight, no matter what monstie my game crashes, I don't even use the edited monsties and I don't know what else could have caused the issue. The other options worked fine for me without any problems, I didn't even edit something strange except for a few genes because I wanted to test if that works.
So just release that MissingNo. then.
You can upload your save files, if you want, I guess I can take a look. Maybe you just broke your game somehow? You can try updating that via steam as well. You were just editing a few genes, that's what they all say :P

(Hopefully I don't become interested and start writing a fully featured save editor :( )

Inyalga
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Inyalga »

Talisman editor?

justdragon
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by justdragon »

Thanks a lot for your script! It's very helpful

chaosblade02
Cheater
Cheater

Post by chaosblade02 »

exp share: stronger monsters in your party will help training the weaker monsters, so the weaker a monster is in comparison to the stronger monsters the more exp it'll receive from all sources. not needed, since the game does something similar already
If you freeze the EXP gains on your main character (and AI partners if applicable, or kick them if you can) + kick out all the other monster except for one, you could boost 1 monster up to same level as the others with an exp multiplier, and without over boosting levels on the others.

That's what I've been doing, but unfortunately this game is too complicated for me to find pointers on, so I have to search for the values every time I boot the game, there's like 11 addresses if you narrow it down via search unknown 4 byte, then increased by exp gains you just got. I think there's 11 of them, because the exp of AI partners scales with your main character's total exp, whether they're in the party or not, and that probably explains that, but I've had no luck finding pointers for those. If you add up all the AI partners + their monsters, that's 10 additional values, then main character so that would be 11 total.

seikur0
Code Alchemist
Code Alchemist

Post by seikur0 »

chaosblade02 wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:03 am
If you freeze the EXP gains on your main character (and AI partners if applicable, or kick them if you can) + kick out all the other monster except for one, you could boost 1 monster up to same level as the others with an exp multiplier, and without over boosting levels on the others.
But why do you even do this. From what I've seen even a monster that is one level lower than your character will gain +75% EXP, for two levels it's 150% EXP and it's increasing. Due to this and the exponential (or at the very least increasing) nature of the EXP curve, it's pretty quick to get monsties up to your level, just have them in the group and do a few harder fights or even normal ones. On the other hand I feel like it's pretty hard to over boost your monsties and become overpowered and that's a good thing. It just means, that system is well balanced, well done devs.

Inyalga
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Inyalga »

Are Talisman editors possible?

kratitos
Cheater
Cheater

Post by kratitos »

seikur0 wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:56 am
chaosblade02 wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:03 am
But why do you even do this. From what I've seen even a monster that is one level lower than your character will gain +75% EXP, for two levels it's 150% EXP and it's increasing. Due to this and the exponential (or at the very least increasing) nature of the EXP curve, it's pretty quick to get monsties up to your level, just have them in the group and do a few harder fights or even normal ones. On the other hand I feel like it's pretty hard to over boost your monsties and become overpowered and that's a good thing. It just means, that system is well balanced, well done devs.
Can confirm this, just bring the underleveled monster to a couple fights and it'll be at the same level as your other monsters in no time, while you will gain at most like one level, maybe. The exp bonus for being underleveled is huge so catching up is wayy easy.