Oddworld: Soulstorm [Engine:Unity]

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Oddworld: Soulstorm [Engine:Unity]

Post by SunBeam »

[ 17.04.2021 - EGS 1.07 ]

Updated the table scripts and offsets to now be compatible with il2cpp and 1.07 version of the game.

soulstorm_107.ct
(40.75 KiB) Downloaded 337 times

Enjoy.

[ 11.04.2021 - EGS 1.06 ]

Game Name: Oddworld: Soulstorm
Game Vendor: Epic Games Store
Game Version: v1.06 [ see version in EGS client: click on ... next to game title and see the Version field at the bottom ]
Game Process: soulstorm.exe

[Link]

One more Unity game, this time around one from a series I'm a huge fan of. I still remember those days when I busted my brains trying to perfectly finish Abe's Oddysee. Have managed to enable the Cheat Menu, though 1-2 days later the developers decided to remove it completely. Just in case you don't want to use this table to adjust various values, google "Oddworld Debug Menu" and you shall find what you seek. Alternately, there's a table with several more things in it here.

The table I've uploaded contains the following options:

First-up, note that you will need to disable/re-enable the last two scripts after each MAP LOADING SCREEN. The reason for this is they are level-persistent. Once level is destroyed, then same or another loaded, Unity (re)allocates the various Instances used throughout.

Secondly, with the table you can inspect the various level settings: how many sligs are in there, mudokons, secret areas, etc. Statistics that may help with your perfect progression.

Want god, mudokon god (e.g.: for "The Ruins" level), just turn to 1 those bools under AppInstance. They will remain like that till you turn them back to 0 or close the game. Note that these are app-persistent, so you do not need to re-set them after a level load -OR- re-load the "Get App Instance" script. The App is the game itself in Unity's context.

The reason I don't have scripts in my table like ndck76 has in his topic is I like this game too much. I just don't want to cheat in it, but enjoy my time with the various challenges. Therefore, if you're not satisfied with the way I have the stuff in my table, please find another table or trainer.

soulstorm.CT
(43.55 KiB) Downloaded 164 times

I will post down below a statistic of each level's content, so you know up-front what's to be expected. I noticed there are several sites having a go at creating walkthroughs, but none have posted so far sligs count, mudokon count, etc. All of those.

BR,
Sun

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Re: Oddworld: Soulstorm [Engine:Unity]

Post by SunBeam »

---------
Levels
---------

THE RAID ON MOSAIC
  • Objectives: 22
  • Slig Count: 15
  • Mudokon Count: 300
  • Secret Area Count: 4
Introductory level, nothing much to do but follow directives. You won't save per se any Mudokons in this level, they just escape by the end of it. The 4 Secret Areas, if you can't manage to find them on your own, can be found by watching some youtube videos. There's a shit ton of them :) It's like the main preoccupation of a streamer/gamer when a game is out.. Another thing I couldn't find anywhere is there are 22 Objectives, but you end the level with just 20/22. No idea where the 2 missing ones are, but I can do a quick asset extraction from 'StreamingAssets' or 'level' files. Will update this once I find something on the subject.

THE RUINS
  • Objectives: 17
  • Slig Count: 97 (by the end of the level)
  • Mudokon Count: 202
  • Secret Area Count: 6
In this level I found it easier to sneak past every Slig you can. If you get a hold of Tape, you can easily possess them and release them (quick press of key, don't hold it to kill them). Once knocked out, approach, tie them up and then pick-pocket them :) Chances are you'll find additional Tape. Note that aside from the 200 Mudokons that you're supposed to help climb the ruins, there are 2 additional ones to be rescued. Which I don't know where the fuck they are. If you want to free all 200 with no stress, simply plant IED mines (use ndck76's "Infinite Quick Item (Ctrl + Numpad 2)" script). Once knocked out, it will take a while for any Slig to wake up. Meanwhile, your Muds will escape safe and sound.

Note that by the time you get to start saving those 200 Mudokons, you have 3! to find. Check bottom left of the screen, you will see 3 yellow silhouettes. I am aware the statistics say 202. How do you then explain the 3 silhouettes near the red-angry Mudokon face at the bottom-left of the screen?

I think you see 3 by the end of the map because, not sure if you've noticed, but that last cutscene has 2 Mudokons bugged one into the other. I think Stoopy is not properly destroyed and shows up at the entrance of that cave all Mudokons go into. Alf's superposed with Stoopy. So those are 2 Mudokons. The 3rd one is still Stoopy, but atop the line leading to the ruins where the Mudokons are pinned for the first time. If you circle back around to that spot, before the snipers section (cuz then you can't go back), you will see Stoopy is still there near those ruins, while everyone else has already escaped.. Good job, devs, with these bugs that players usually find. Where's your testers, QA, etc.?..

THE BLIMP
  • Objectives: 8
  • Slig Count: 50
  • Mudokon Count: 1
  • Secret Area Count: 2
Getting to that 1 Mudokon will require you move fast. There's like a 5 minutes window, time after which the door to him will close. The door is past the first set of ladders. You will get to an area with a few Sligs, but if you move fast, they barely get to respond. Pull the green green lever to open a door at the bottom, extinguish the fire with Watter Bottles and crouch through the opening. The door will look like the one you came through when you started the level (with a Mudokon hand print above the frame).

THE FUNICULAR
  • Objectives: 31
  • Slig Count: 0
  • Mudokon Count: 24
  • Secret Area Count: 8
Not much to say about this one. The only trick is an elevator you need to ride DOWN (you might not notice the red-down arrow allows you to go down), enter a Secret Area and push a green button. This opens the door at the bottom when you start the level. So now you can also save those Mudokons you missed :)

SORROW VALLEY
  • Objectives: 9
  • Slig Count: 41
  • Mudokon Count: 31
  • Secret Area Count: 6
The tricks in this map:
  • As soon as you start each of the cable carts, notice how the chi-suppressors die down. Start immediately to meditate and possess the Slig of your choice.
  • On the first crossing, you can use the Slig to shoot down WOODEN DOORS/FRAMES.
  • The same for the second crossing: pick the Slig with laser sub-machine gun; kill all sligs; shoot the laser console at the bottom of the rock you're gonna land at; also shoot the wooden door/frame to the Royal Jelly.
PHAT STATION
  • Objectives: 23
  • Slig Count: 50
  • Mudokon Count: 32
  • Secret Area Count: 7
Note that the Slig Count is recorded at a certain point in time. You start out with 46. But as you progress and enter levels, and they're spawned from Barracks, the number may increase.

THE HIJACK
  • Objectives: 11
  • Slig Count: 15
  • Mudokon Count: 15
  • Secret Area Count: 5

ndck76
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by ndck76 »

Was wondering when you were going to release your table. :)

max_91_ita
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by max_91_ita »

Hi, after 1.07 update any CT isn't working and activating them is causing game crash.
Any advice?

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

The reason for the crash is pretty simple: the game's code is now il2cpp, as opposed to Mono used in previous versions. The "Managed" folder doesn't show any physical Assembly-CSharp.dll anymore, therefore the form in which the symbols were used in the scripts fails now. Everything's in GameAssembly.dll now.

The fix: in my table, in every script you see under [ Enable ], change ":" to "." everywhere.

e.g.: open "Get App Instance" script and change line 9 from:

local App_getInstance = getAddressSafe( 'App:getInstance' )

to

local App_getInstance = getAddressSafe( 'App.getInstance' )

Then the scripts will work once more. You will have to manually update the offsets yourself or wait till I post an updated table.

Do the same with ndck76's table. Example:

Infinite Quick Item (Ctrl + Numpad 2) script

- first-up: InventoryManager:ChangePickUpNumber has to be InventoryManager.ChangePickUpNumber
- secondly, you will have to check if the injection point is still @ +0x34 (or maybe ask him to update his table)

il2cpp-to-Mono

If you want to convert GameAssembly.dll to the usual Mono libs, you will have to use this tool: [Link]. Once you open it, give it GameAssembly.dll as input, then navigate to OddworldSoulstorm\soulstorm_Data\il2cpp_data\Metadata folder and give it global-metadata.dat. Let the tool finish and it will create a DummyDll folder with all the known libraries, as if the game was Mono again :)

You can then use JustDecompile (or whichever tool) for static decompiling, just in case you do that :P

Note that this is just for static disassembly, not for running the game with the individual libraries. So don't think that placing the DLLs in the game's Managed folder will make the game run with them instead of GameAssembly.dll :) You can place them there in that folder, as that won't have any effect, but game will still use il2cpp.

BR,
Sun

EDIT: Check main post for the updated table.

SpiritNRW
Fearless Donors
Fearless Donors

Post by SpiritNRW »

Hi Sunbeam,

thank you very much for your work. I really appreciate the knowledge and work, you guys put in your tables. I too am trying to not cheat that much in this game. It's really fun. Kinda want to play the other games from that series again.

BR
SpiritNRW ;)

Razapudroshko
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Razapudroshko »

How to make all mudokon immortal, that trying to climb up on background!? They are always dead no matter what.

VampTY
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by VampTY »

Am încercat și eu jocul Sun... așa și-așa, cam 15 min am rezistat, plictisitor, codurile au funcționat, jocul, praf, nu mi-a plăcut! Oricum te aplaud că funcționează! Toate cele bune!

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

Razapudroshko wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:03 am
How to make all mudokon immortal, that trying to climb up on background!? They are always dead no matter what.
Plant a shit ton of IED mines (use ndck75's script) starting from the doors the sligs spawn. They will spawn, hit the mines and sleepy sleepy. You can possess any and shoot the others that are down. There's no immortality for the Mudokons in those levels. The option in my table applies to savable Mudokons (the ones you meet and ask to follow you, etc.). The Ruins level isn't the only one where you'll have to save them. I've managed to save ALL of them every time, so if I could do it, so can you. Besides, there are also YT videos to help you on your way.
VampTY wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:53 am
Am încercat și eu jocul Sun... așa și-așa, cam 15 min am rezistat, plictisitor, codurile au funcționat, jocul, praf, nu mi-a plăcut! Oricum te aplaud că funcționează! Toate cele bune!
I've played the game as a kid, so for me it has sentimental value. If you say it's boring, that's probably because it's either not your style or you don't get the concept :) The more you play it, the better it gets :P I recommend playing the old ones ;) They're GOLD.

XPS5Box
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by XPS5Box »

How about an update for version 1.13002 of this game already?!